CM7 HDPI themes on MDPI phones

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure if this topic has been discussed before or not. If it has and had been posted before i do apoligize,but i think i have found a way to install HDPI themes on MDPI phones. what i did was change my (qemu.sf.lcd_density) from value:160 down to value:130 and it seems that im able to install all themes no matter if there HDPI or MDPI. I used blade buddy to accomplish this, and it seems im able to run them perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stryeguy

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure if this topic has been discussed before or not. If it has and has been posted i do apoligize,but i think i have found a way to install HDPI themes on MDPI phones. what i did was change my (qemu.sf.lcd_density) from value:160 down to value:130 and it seems that im able to install all themes no matter if there HDPI or MDPI. I used blade buddy to accomplish this, and it seems im able to run them perfectly fine.

That's cheating :p

Dorion-Grey

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
lol, nope no breaks for you... good deal one question and im warning you before Its in noobish. what's the difference between Hdpi and Mdpi?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
But MDPI is 160dpi while HDPI is 240dpi. I'm confused... how does lowering the density make it possible to install HDPI themes?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
But MDPI is 160dpi while HDPI is 240dpi. I'm confused... how does lowering the density make it possible to install HDPI themes?

I believe making the screen smaller helped with the resolution difference. Other than that I really don't know. I'm sure drew could explain in detail a little better than I could.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't upload from tapatalk. All u have to do is switch the LCD to 130 save and reboot. If it doesn't work switch back to 160 save and reboot. Or just nandroid restore.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk