phone upgrade so many choices please help

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i have an upgrade an i need to use it befor the end of the month. Right now sprint is saling the htc evo an evo shift afor free an best buy has the marquee. Now my question is what woulf be the better option to get whats the better phone.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The evo shift is a good phone, has an official cm7 build, and has a slide keyboard for those who like it. Not the greatest battery life, but that is the biggest failing in my opinion. Obviously running a custom rom will greatly help that. Do not get the marquee, as i think at phone has been discontinued already. Check sprint.com for that. Any phone they do not sell on their site you do not want.

Edit : okay i swung by sprint.com and they have the marquee marked as out of stock. Check the android central forums to hear peoples frustrations with that phone. Thry have both the evo 4G and the evo shift as a free upgrade right now. I would likely choose the evo 4G as it is largely the same as the shift but slightly larger screen and again has an official cm7 build.

Edit again : okay a friend suggested that as it is what he just did. Tigerdirect.com has the motorola photon for 49.99 with a renew/upgrade. I dont have any personal experience, but thought i would throw that out there.

Last edited:

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ya im looking for the free upgrades i dont have the cash to spend on phone at this time but i want to use my upgrades before i lose them tho

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I was at Radio Shack yesterday and they are offering the new Evo Design for free with an eligible renewal. Not a bad option from what I've seen. I might go that way myself.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I sill dont know what one to get tho the shift or the evo 4g. Im wsnting to try out miui cus i know that miui is supose to be very fast an smooth better then cm an i like cm but i reslly want to try miui an i know both phone have both miui an cm for them.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
From a simple ratings perspective, the evo 4G out performs the shift. Plus it is hard to discount a larger screen. That is the phone i would upgrade to today if i had the choice. My boss has that phone and i admit to being a little jealous ! Even if at this point my opti s out performs his stock evo lol from my own reading, besides one having a slider and the other having a larger screen, they are virtually identical. Use that as a pro and con list to help. As i said before, i would stay away from the marquee.