Big OOPS! Not sure how severe

zcostilla

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I decided to upgrade from zcd to zvh to get in on hydrorom once it's out. However, I got ahead of myself and flashed the zvh zip before returning to the stock recovery (using xionia). Myfirst boot still had the reborn rom animation. Then I had the not so bright idea of clearung the davlick and doing a factory reset. Any the stock rom is running great but I get no radio connectivity with the cell towers.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, I get that and I'll put up with whatever you dish out. Can someone tell me how to get out of this jam? Should I flash a stock recovery, or try to root the current rom and then proceed from there?

Zac

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
sounds like you have a zvh rom on zvd radio, which isn't hard to fix. if you don't have a backup, that's ok.
check your recovery. if you have stock recovery, then flash the zvh update.zip and you'll be good to go.
if you still have xionia then flash zvd stock and try again. nbd.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I decided to upgrade from zcd to zvh to get in on hydrorom once it's out. However, I got ahead of myself and flashed the zvh zip before returning to the stock recovery (using xionia). Myfirst boot still had the reborn rom animation. Then I had the not so bright idea of clearung the davlick and doing a factory reset. Any the stock rom is running great but I get no radio connectivity with the cell towers.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, I get that and I'll put up with whatever you dish out. Can someone tell me how to get out of this jam? Should I flash a stock recovery, or try to root the current rom and then proceed from there?

Zac

I heard you can do a dirty flash of the Zvh update . Can't hurt at this point?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Zac

You simply have a radio mismatch. You are running ZVH software, but still have the ZVD radio because custom recovery can't (and won't) flash the radio.img.

As long as you can still boot into Android, flash the stock ZVH recovery. Then copy the ZVH update ZIP to the root of your sd card as "update.zip" (rename if necessary) and flash the update.zip using the stock recovery.

zcostilla

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you still have Xionia, flash a nandroid backup....assuming you made one. Then start over.

It worked! It's my previous ROM, but I am back up and running. Now to do it in the RIGHT order this time. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions to help out a knucklehead like me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2