Chainfire3D

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used this app with the Evo3D or any other device? Ive noticed a lot of random reboots and over clocking issues. Before I couldn't clock higher than stock without having issues, and without the chainfire drivers installed I can overclock up to 1.8 ghz without any issues. Can anyone explain the cause of the problems Ive encountered to me? I posted this on the evo3D THREAD but this is where I will get a response!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ive been playing with it lately on my Opti s and my girls Moro droid2. trying to see if it helps anything but best i can tell is it just lowers resolution and texturing to help devices play things that might otherwise be outta their league. I've ran several benchmarking apps with it and without and with various settings and haven't really noticed much difference. Stock seemed best for me but my opti can run 864/864 with performance governor all day long. same results with the droid2 too.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Finally a response lol! i noticed when i used it on my optimus s it really helped a lot. especially on games, but when i used it on my evo 3d i could not overclock without having reboots. after i uninstalled chainfire i can overclock to 1.8ghz without a single reboot or issue. i was thinking maybe something in the app's 3d driver was interrupting something already installed on my device.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the better question is... 1. Why do u have the evo 3d :p , and 2. What the HECK are you overclocking a dual core phone that is already running at 1.2 Ghz to 1.8Ghz DUAL CORE????

Sounds like you want a nuclear meltdown in your pocket. Battery life is already horrible on the 3d :cool:

About your question tho.. I think its because its not built for a dual core device. Just a thought...

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the better question is... 1. Why do u have the evo 3d :p , and 2. What the HECK are you overclocking a dual core phone that is already running at 1.2 Ghz to 1.8Ghz DUAL CORE????

Sounds like you want a nuclear meltdown in your pocket. Battery life is already horrible on the 3d :cool:

About your question tho.. I think its because its not built for a dual core device. Just a thought...

i can get between 12-15 hours on my battery! it isnt that much lower than my optimus s was. i do not run 1.8ghz as my daily driver! usually 1.5ghz,but i actually love this phone!

Last edited:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
um... no. lol. Ive had one for a long time and i NEVER get anywhere near that battery life. You must just put it in a corner and never touch it lol! :p

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Aah gotcha. See me personally, I dont like using anything via XDA. Dont like the crowd and didnt try too many ROMS. Glad you like it tho!

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't either! I was waiting for Android central since I learned everything about these phones from the optimus devs. But xda has more roms in development.

sent from my infected Evo3D

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Finally someone else who avoids xda...so many put them on a pedastool. But I haven't had many good experiences over there. Nothing like it is here,. Although, even here the quality of the forum, to a certain extent, depends on the device.
Theres definitely no shortage of information over there but you gotta dig threw all the stupid questions and requests from the onslaught of scene whores... And possibly even worse, the subsequent backlash from the guys who are trying to "save" the site from it... But with millions of users its tough to keep it what it was in the beginning. But its just growing too fast, they should have had some sort of membrrship limit or participation requirement to keepa contributing community instead of a primarily leaching community.... out just let it die and move on instead of rippin on people....sorry for the ranting hijack but had some issues with xda recently and I'm still kinda steamed adout it.

Ps... How well does the 3D screen work... They never seem to have one in store when I'm there. I've played with the Nintendo 3DS... Is it comparable to that?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The 3D is garbage! I feel like I'm going to have a seizure when its activated. I like the phone with the rom and kernel. Stock has battery life issues, but the power this phone has is insane. I don't post on xda just for reasons you mentioned but they have a load of roms compared to over here.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Its funny how phones are advertised. Take the nexus galaxy for example.... The commercial boasts google+... Nothing to do with the capabilities of the hardware or ics. Hell my phone has google+. seems like most of the "crappy" devices can be fixed with ROM and/or kernel.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an evo 3d still... right now the only good thing that its being used for is to tether the wifi off of it to my linux build machine! LOL!!!!

I did make an evo 3d rom, but nobody was running it so I said forget it! Gave up developing on that phone, ALSO... if you look ... "all the development" at xda for this phone.. its all the same damn roms.. just diff name and diff look.... bottom line.. everyone is using ALL the mods they can find and throwing it together... just not my gig

Reactions: pergerson6

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That is so true! I've flashed 7 different roms and all source builds are completely the same. There are some ics builds coming but ill wait until there out of alpha.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana