I rooted my sisters phone for her, and upgraded radio to ZVH to flash gRom, all was working ok, but lots of force closes and general headaches. I remember having a great experience on Reborn when I had an Optimus S, so I followed this guide to revert to ZVD before flashing Reborn. :http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...available.html

After reverting to ZVD, I flashed Reborn, and had no service at all. No bars. No cell, no data, nada. I've tried different roms, same issue.

I'm pretty worried now, as I want to fix my sister's phone before I leave for the weekend. Any help is appreciated.
    01-12-2012 07:29 PM
    you have to have stock recovery in order for the radio to flash (so you have cell service, ect) . so, re-root the phone, and then make sure to put the stock recovery back on, then re flash the update.zip. As for the force closes before, did you try wiping data and cache? If not, that was the issue, which is a standard thing to do when flashing a new rom.
    Bootsand likes this.
    01-12-2012 07:34 PM
    Before you posted, I went for the stock recovery route here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...automated.html

Then reflashed update.zip... now caught in a bootloop.

...I'm starting to think I might have to buy a new phone
    01-12-2012 07:39 PM
    pull the battery and then go into recovery
    Bootsand likes this.
    01-12-2012 07:41 PM
    Ok... got into stock recovery. Never used stock recovery before, I was using the wrong buttons to try to get into it.

Trying to flash update.zip from stock recovery... pressed the home key to activate, now has a picture of a exclamation point in a triangle above and to the left of the android guy. I'm guessing this is progress, and I shouldn't touch it, but not sure?
    01-12-2012 07:49 PM
    if you get force closes after the update, then turn your phone off, then boot into recovery again and this time wipe data and cache
    Bootsand likes this.
    01-12-2012 07:51 PM
    Phew! Got past the bootloop problem. Wiped user data to factory, booted fresh as a new phone.

Unfortunately, theres still no service. 0 bars. Checked the phone status info, ESN is unknown. I think thats the issue.
    01-12-2012 07:54 PM
    Phew! Got past the bootloop problem. Wiped user data to factory, booted fresh as a new phone.

Unfortunately, theres still no service. 0 bars. Checked the phone status info, ESN is unknown. I think thats the issue.
    you probably have to do a data reset, so call sprint tech support and tell them you have do to a reset, they willl have you use a ## number on your dial pad and tell you a code to enter when it asks (this is the msl, would be good to keep on file in case of same issue again) then it will reboot the phone and go through the hands free activation again, and it will update the prl and profile as well. at this point, you should have the service back.

**do not, i repeat do not, mention anything about rooting or custom recovery or any of that** just say your service isnt working anymore
    Bootsand likes this.
    01-12-2012 08:00 PM
    No idea where my pm box is, jc, but everythings working! Found a guy with the same issue here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...bly-wrong.html

And he fixed the problem with this thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...urn-stock.html

Which is pretty much what I was doing before, but worked this time somehow. Lol.

Thanks for your help, jc, you kept me calm during a moment of panic. For that alone, I am eternally grateful!!

EDIT: Just saw your last post... the MSL thing didn't even work, the tech rep was so confused! I didn't mention rooting, but I think he was suspicious when the MSL didn't work.

I must have been doing the update wrong, before, for it to work right this time..
    01-12-2012 08:30 PM
    least its fixed now
    Warlord721 and Bootsand like this.
    01-12-2012 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD