need help rooting

carryingmarine

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
ok, I thought I was a smart fella, until I decided I wanted to root my android, all the reading, all the downloads, the recoveries, the roms, the loaders......OH and dont brick your phone, UHHGGGG, can someone please help out with step by step instructions I need to root my LG Optimus S (LS670ZVH) android 2.3.3 and the files I need to download.

I also have LauncherPro downloaded and operating, also have z4root on my phone, but it appears that I did not use it correctly, if you want to do it here, its ok, if we need to go off list, thats ok also

Im just getting a headache from the pages and pages of info on here, it should not be this hard.

help please,
Jason

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
A marine who thought he was a smart fella... kinda reminds me of this:
Waldorf: I have a good mind to go home.
Statler: If you had a good mind, you wouldn't be here in the first place.
Seriously though, I don't blame you in this instance. Hell, getting the right drivers installed on Windoze is a project in and of itself and no one should have to use Windoze to manipulate Android. Doesn't just running rageagaintthecage work if you have the right recovery installed?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
A marine who thought he was a smart fella... kinda reminds me of this:

Seriously though, I don't blame you in this instance. Hell, getting the right drivers installed on Windoze is a project in and of itself and no one should have to use Windoze to manipulate Android. Doesn't just running rageagaintthecage work if you have the right recovery installed?

Not on Gingerbread, or on ZVD for that matter.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have, and its the biggest reason I am confused
Then ask some questions. Other than the USB drivers, there is only 1 download. Everything is included in that package to root and install a custom recovery. Everything is also automated so I'm not sure where you are getting so confused.

carryingmarine

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
ok, what is the custom recovery?

I downloaded and ran z4root, and it does not reboot, like everyone says it should

then run the terminal emulator, and type SU and it says permission denied, so I am missing saomething, I just dont know what

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded and ran z4root, and it does not reboot, like everyone says it should

then run the terminal emulator, and type SU and it says permission denied, so I am missing saomething, I just dont know what

Ok..... what is your baseband version? You need to know this so u know which method to use to root.

Then comes custom recovery. Then Roms and stuff:) follow the sticky for your base band version and u should be good.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

If you are running zvh try the one click method if you don't like typing commands..

carryingmarine

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok..... what is your baseband version? You need to know this so u know which method to use to root.

Then comes custom recovery. Then Roms and stuff:) follow the sticky for your base band version and u should be good.

Baseband version is LS670MVH_6150

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
ok, going to look now, but Im still having trouble understanding the custom recovery

Get your optimus rooted and then check back. It won't recognize the custom recovery if it's not rooted. FYI the recovery lets you install zip files,apk files, etc. Which you will see are essential to the whole process. Also perform data wipes and other cool things.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I really don't think you are reading the correct portion of the sticky thread I gave you. You don't need to deal with any of what you are asking. It takes care of it for you.

As to "recovery", it is a program separate from your normal phone software which allows you to install updates and make repairs.

A "custom recovery" adds the ability to install any software you'd like, even if not signed by the manufacturer (ie custom ROMs) and also allows you to make complete image backups of your system.

z4root doesn't work on the latest software so don't use it.

You don't need to use terminal emulator for the thread I gave you above.

carryingmarine

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded the Sons of Korhal root utility, and extracted as directed, enabled usb debugging, and opened, clicked go, the status bar says "contacting Kerrigan" and has been there appx. 10 minutes....

is it frozen, or does it just take that long?

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded the Sons of Korhal root utility, and extracted as directed, enabled usb debugging, and opened, clicked go, the status bar says "contacting Kerrigan" and has been there appx. 10 minutes....

is it frozen, or does it just take that long?

Make sure the screen of your device wasn't locked during the process. If it doesnt install superuser it didn't work. I would try again and make sure you have the required software on your pc as well.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I do have the net 4 framework installed, and I believe thats all it asked for,

I tried again, it did the same thing.....is it really this hard?

No it was painless and quick for me. Do you have all the LG usb drivers installed on your pc? That may be the culprit.If you're not 100% sure go to LG's website for the download and get it! But really after that I'm lost man.

Sometimes I have to connect my phone to my laptop, then "safely remove hardware " and then re mount the phone. Might help.....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star