Won't boot after flash new ROM

tsamrein

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
I have been searching the forum for three days now for an answer and cannot find one.

I have rooted my optimus s and flashed xionia recovery via adb. Now my problem persists with any ROM I try. I can flash ROM's from recovery and then I reboot, it shows LG screen and boot animations then freezes. I have tried nROM, VCRom, and Thekrakens cyanogen7. All do the same thing except the cyanogen at least shows boot animations, the other two just go to black screen.

This is my process for flashing ROM
>wipe cache
>wipe dalvik cache
>wipe data
>flash ROM
>power off
>boot

If anyone could help that would be great.

Tom

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this will matter as I have never tried it your way, but instead of powering off after flashing the rom, just simply select the reboot option from recovery. Im not sure its going to matter, but that's the only thing I see different.

Edit : wait.... I didn't even pay attention to what roms your were flashing. What baseband do you have?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
nRom and VCRom are old, very old.

If you have ZVD baseband you can flash ReBorn or Kraken's CM7

If you have ZVH you can flash gROM,YourMom or Hydro

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
I have been searching the forum for three days now for an answer and cannot find one.

I have rooted my optimus s and flashed xionia recovery via adb. Now my problem persists with any ROM I try. I can flash ROM's from recovery and then I reboot, it shows LG screen and boot animations then freezes. I have tried nROM, VCRom, and Thekrakens cyanogen7. All do the same thing except the cyanogen at least shows boot animations, the other two just go to black screen.

>wipe cache
>wipe dalvik cache
>wipe data
>flash ROM
>power off
>boot

Tom

I think there is a simple solution here, did you flash the Debug Format system zip. it will completely flush out the old or previous ROM you had.

4. Debug system zip file. This wipes the system data if you are having any force closures after installing. So boot into your custom recovery, do your wipe data, cache, format boot, data, system. Then flash this debug zip. Then flash the ROM, flash the google apps, and reboot.

It's Found here: Debug Format System.zip

This might just be the problem! hope i helped! :D

Reactions: krwlive1

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

>wipe cache
>wipe dalvik cache
>wipe data
>flash ROM
>power off
>boot

Tom

May not help but I usually boot up BEFORE powering down after a fresh Rom install.....:confused:

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to do a factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, then flash rom and boot up this will take 1-6 minutes then you should be in. Please note if your on zvh you can only flash your mom rom, hydro rom, grom, and opti rom. If your on zvd you can only flash zvd roms not zvc roms i cant expresscthis stuff enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay