Why Not Make Our Own One?

MrJoshy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi again, it's me, MrJoshy, and lately I've been looking at the MIUI Rom, and an here to propose an idea. Ready? Who says we NEED the source code from the Rom? Why not just make one for our phones? It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but something like RebornRom that runs fast, is good, and looks like iOS. That's my idea, please, if you REALLY feel the need to bash me, go ahead, but its just an idea. Here's another idea... Why not take the source code from good roms for our phones and put use that to make a new Rom that looks like and feels iOS? Like I said before, if you REALLY feel the need to bash me, go ahead, its just and idea. That is all.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think this has been explained before! Its not gonna happen on the optimus, besides miui really does suck and reminds me of an iPhone.

Sent from my PG86100

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
iOS isn't so bad, I love my iPad. But I don't think I would ever get an iPhone. I love android to much on my little phone. My personal thought at the time was honeycomb sucked, and it did with next to no app support. I actually purchased a toshiba thrive before returning it for my iPad. If I had to do it again today I would likely go for an android tablet just for more customization. But I do love my iPad!

But to me, I don't want my opti s to imitate an iPhone. The one thing miui has is great stability. And most roms available now are rock solid for our phones anyways.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I think this has been explained before! Its not gonna happen on the optimus, besides miui really does suck and reminds me of an iPhone.

Sent from my PG86100

Miui is one of the best roms out there. Don't like it till you try it. :D

I use MIUI on my HD2.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I like Miui, and you can actually make pretty much any ROM look very much like iOS if that is what you want.

1. Get TheKraven's CM7
2. MIUI Theme, google search and find one MDPI or HDPI either will work and apply it using theme chooser
3. Get an iOS icon pack, apply that
3. Move all of your apps to your home screens
4. Make the 1st screen your default screen
5. Get an iOS Wallpaper

There you have it iOS on the Optimus S

Or you can try and port this... Gooapple V5 First Hands On - Retina Screen, 960*640 Pixels, 5MP Camera - YouTube

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd find that hard, as Reborn Tom is themed Froyo. Miui is just Android with ALOT of heft to it.

Maybe im not understanding you, but if by heft, you mean big, bulky, resource hog, etc. Then thats completely inaccurate(not flaming,btw). MIUI is less than half the size of a stock ROM on my EVO and it friggin flies.

Sent from my PG86100

I dont understand how you can say it sucks. Im thinking you couldnt figure out how to flash it and got mad at it. Yeah, it resembles iOS, but thats the beauty of it. Can you make an iphone look as much like android as you can make an android look like iOS?? MIUI is 10x more customizable than any other Rom Ive had. CM7 is a close 2nd. MIUI is just another option in the huge community of ROM flashaholics. It will make anyone that hasnt seen it envious. Dont h8.

trolls they be hungry

+1

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally (and I think I speak for at least most of the other Team Hydro members), I don't like MIUI (or it's look) one bit.

If anyone wants to build a MIUI-like ROM from scratch based on CM7 more power to you, but just know that it's a metric ton of work and will take you an extremely long time to get it to the "quality and polish" of the real MIUI.

That's the only (and I mean ONLY) thing I'm going to say on the subject.

Reactions: pergerson6

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I personally wouldn't even know where to start in making/porting MIUI to the optimus s, or any other phone. The only reason I have it on my phone is because it runs great from my sd card with the boot manager app in the market(evo).I wouldn't run it on my optimus s anyway, I'm glad to have hydro Rom.

I just thought saying it sucks is a little much. It might not be the best but it doesn't suck.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe im not understanding you, but if by heft, you mean big, bulky, resource hog, etc. Then thats completely inaccurate(not flaming,btw). MIUI is less than half the size of a stock ROM on my EVO and it friggin flies.

I dont understand how you can say it sucks. Im thinking you couldnt figure out how to flash it and got mad at it. Yeah, it resembles iOS, but thats the beauty of it. Can you make an iphone look as much like android as you can make an android look like iOS?? MIUI is 10x more customizable than any other Rom Ive had. CM7 is a close 2nd. MIUI is just another option in the huge community of ROM flashaholics. It will make anyone that hasnt seen it envious. Dont h8.

+1

Ohh, sorry. By heft, I meant theming. And I couldn't of had something bad, as I use it on my HD2.

Reactions: xcpefrmreality

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

+1

It flashes just like any other rom! It was my personal opinion on not liking it. Enough said! I don't think miui is capable on the optimus. I tried it on my 3vo and yes it sucks and yes I don't like it.

Sent from my PG86100

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It flashes just like any other rom! It was my personal opinion on not liking it. Enough said! I don't think miui is capable on the optimus. I tried it on my 3vo and yes it sucks and yes I don't like it.

Sent from my PG86100

Ok, your personal opinion, I understand that. I can think of many ROMs that are better than MIUI, but my personal opinion is that MIUI is ok. Its got options and features that other ROMS dont have, example, turning on flashlight by holding home button while at the lockscreen. Also having the ability to easily change your lockscreen to almost anything you could imagine. It also has a brightness slider which i like. I can think of 2 things I dont like about MIUI, no 4g and no app drawer. However i get no 4g in my area anyway and the app drawer is easily fixed with a different launcher.

Sorry if i came across as a jerk, the comment about you not knowing how to flash it was probably not needed. Im no troll and you can check my recent posts to verify. this is the last post Im making in this thread. Good day.

Reactions: pergerson6

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, your personal opinion, I understand that. I can think of many ROMs that are better than MIUI, but my personal opinion is that MIUI is ok. Its got options and features that other ROMS dont have, example, turning on flashlight by holding home button while at the lockscreen. Also having the ability to easily change your lockscreen to almost anything you could imagine. It also has a brightness slider which i like. I can think of 2 things I dont like about MIUI, no 4g and no app drawer. However i get no 4g in my area anyway and the app drawer is easily fixed with a different launcher.

Sorry if i came across as a jerk, the comment about you not knowing how to flash it was probably not needed. Im no troll and you can check my recent posts to verify. this is the last post Im making in this thread. Good day.

It's all good! I think all of us get a little offended when someone has a negative opinion on something someone else likes. I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else! Everyone has there own preferences in choice of Roms. I like Ics but hate the launcher. I like sense but it eats ram. Miui is designed well it just has that iPhone ui that I really don't care for.

Sent from my PG86100

Reactions: xcpefrmreality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol