[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband Alp

PEOPLE! LISTEN! I FIXED DATA ON ALPHA2.

UPDATED TO FIX ALPHA4 BUILD..... AGAIN, THIS FIX/PATCH NOW WORKS WITH ALPHA4... THANKS.

HOW THIS DATA FIX WORKS:

GPRS provide Internet (in this case, 3G or 1X) services to your phone. Before my fix, GSM and GPRS service wouldn't stay connected to the phone, leaving Internet services a no go. This fix, along with the help of APN's to connect, keeps the GSM service connected to the networks worldwide. GSM service now is always connected, providing your phone the capability to send and receive data. When your phone makes a request to access the internet, GSM service recognizes the request and attempts to connect through GPRS service to send and receive the data. Since GSM service is providing the network and your phone with Network Based Locations and is always connected, when your phone makes the request to send or receive data, GPRS service automatically connects.

I am not the smartest cat when it comes to the roots of how the network works, but I tried my best to clearly let you understand how this fix works.

By the way, I have noticed that the GPRS service kicks in when the phone sends a request or when you unlock the screen. GPRS DOES connect while the lockscreen is enabled, but I have noticed that GPRS kicks in when you unlock the screen.

PLEASE NOTE:

The GPRS service DOES connect if you follow these steps, but it may be a little behind connecting. For example, if you are trying to browse the web, it may say that it can not connect before GPRS connects. GPRS may be a little behind connecting while you are trying to access 3G service.

HOW TO APPLY THIS PATCH:

To fix the 3G data on Alpha2, shut down the phone first.

Reboot into CWM or Xionia recovery... Then nandroid backup as usual... then, CLEAR DATA, CACHE, DELVIK CACHE, BOOT, SYSTEM, and if you have it, SD-EXT. Then, wipe cache AGAIN.

Once you have wiped, flash these things IN ORDER... ROM, Kernal, G'apps. YES. IN THAT ORDER.

Once you have done that, FLASH THE ROM AGAIN. YES, AGAIN.

After that, wipe cache and delvik cache once more.

Reboot... then reboot again. Go through the sign in first time boot thing. Skip syncing at first... Then go to settings > more (under wifi and bluetooth) and toggle airplane mode TWICE. Then, go to mobile data and toggle twice.

IF YOUR 3G ICON IS NOT SHOWING UP ALL OF THE TIME:

The 3G icon appears when GPRS service is connected. Just because the 3G icon is not showing up doesn't mean that you don't have Internet access. I have noticed on my phone that the 3G icon is a little slow appearing when GPRS is connected.

To be sure that the GSM service is always enabled and the data is sticking even though the data icon is not showing, type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer... go to phone > ping test. You will want to see "pass" on all three things. Also, you will always want to see GSM - connected in that testing screen. I see that it is best to preform random tests on it only when the 3G icon is not showing. Test your GSM and data connections at least once a week.

IF THIS PATCH HASN'T WORKED FOR YOU:

If you see "Fail" or "Unknown" on the second thing in the list while your icon is not showing up, try repeating these steps since the "booting and sign in" part or try reflashing the ROM. Make sure your APN's are okay by going to voice dialer and saying "open A-P-N's" or "open A"... if you see one or three APN's or they are not right, go look at thekraven's tip for 3G connecting.

WHEN YOU REBOOT THE PHONE, YOU WILL NEED TO PREFORM MORE STEPS ...

If you reboot the phone and the data starts acting crazy, repeat the toggling airplane mode/mobile data part.

If you STILL can't get data to stick... Reboot into recovery and clear Dalvik Cache and Cache. After that, it should stick. If not, check your APN's... If all of the above STILL won't let data stick, repeat this whole thing.. Thanks

If you have apps that need to be reinstalled that have been backed up using Titanium, fine. Reinstall, but do not restore sys data as it screwed me up.

Thanks guys!
I can see all the steps for the "fix" but, for the life of me, I cannot find the patch or how and where to apply it. Do you have the download link somewhere that I am missing. I have applied plenty of patches to many OSes through the years. Thanks. :confused:

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

@pkt_lnt,

refer to Invincible Madness' post a page back. Follow those instructions, you should have data/wifi working on Alpha4.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

@pkt_lnt,

refer to Invincible Madness' post a page back. Follow those instructions, you should have data/wifi working on Alpha4.

Yes, I quoted it in my post. I have done that, standing on one leg, twirling a feather in one hand, chanting voodoo incantations, holding my mouth just right, and peering at my navel with my third eye.

I get wifi, then data but loose wifi, and cannot get wifi back without a wipe and new flash. o_0

Reactions: lolinternet

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I quoted it in my post. I have done that, standing on one leg, twirling a feather in one hand, chanting voodoo incantations, holding my mouth just right, and peering at my navel with my third eye.

I get wifi, then data but loose wifi, and cannot get wifi back without a wipe and new flash. o_0

Its a long shot but on a fresh reboot try forgetting the network and re connecting. Worked once on alpha 4 for me

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I can see all the steps for the "fix" but, for the life of me, I cannot find the patch or how and where to apply it. Do you have the download link somewhere that I am missing. I have applied plenty of patches to many OSes through the years. Thanks. :confused:

Sorry... the "PATCH" is the fix itself. I am sorry. I call it a patch because it has to be reapplied each reboot; a FIX is a fix that stays applied in my book...

I am by no means trying to be a smart elic...

Sorry for the inconvience.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I cleared up my instructions for you...

Try applying the data fix on post 129 i think it is..

TheKraven generously posted the link to that in the OP

Grahaman27

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 2/20 ZVD basesband Alp

I have ICS alpha 4 installed and I have to say, it runs fast!

I got data working, but something annoying- my home button does not work, is there any quick fix to that?

I reset phone, flashed alpha 4, then gapps, thats it.

thanks so much!

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT, all works fine after a good few reboots... still lots of things with issues though, I wish chrome worked :(

Last edited:

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have ICS alpha 4 installed and I have to say, it runs fast!

I got data working, but something annoying- my home button does not work, is there any quick fix to that?

I reset phone, flashed alpha 4, then gapps, thats it.

thanks so much!

There was some talk about restarting the launcher, check a few pages back.

Grahaman27

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

ok,

1- airplane mode does not work (it grays out for a few seconds and does nothing)

2- data WORKS, but for some reason... messaging does not (texting). I can view stuff, load up market and the browser but cant download anything. Anyone know whats up with this?

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

There was some talk about restarting the launcher, check a few pages back.

Indeed. Also make sure Apex Launcher is set as the default activity when you press the home button

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

So far, got native usb working and adb working. Now onto wifi, then the camera.

Reactions: aaronrw

WannaB

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

If you get wifi working i might have to jump over to this rom ;)

Hydro Rom is rather nice, but ICS is ICS after all!

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

ok,

1- airplane mode does not work (it grays out for a few seconds and does nothing)

2- data WORKS, but for some reason... messaging does not (texting). I can view stuff, load up market and the browser but cant download anything. Anyone know whats up with this?

Post # 250. Did you install the way it says there or differently?
It worked for me and 2 other users from what I've seen so far.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So far, got native usb working and adb working. Now onto wifi, then the camera.

Sweet I have been using slow 3g now wifi will work that is awesome I'm looking forward to alpha 5 and maybe you making your own pics kernel. By the way is cream is awesome I was just thinking ahead of time

Cold As Ice!!!!!!!!!!

Grahaman27

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

well after a bit of messing around with it, I got the data to work. But airplane mode does not work still... not too big of a deal for me though.

google music crashes when I try to stream music also, this might be a radio problem though.

still wanting chrome to work too, but I can wait... alpha 5 will will be appreciated either way.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital