[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 2/20 ZVD basesband Alp

I still find the only way to get a System setting to stick is check it and hold power and select reboot. Do not press back button or home. After reboot and it will stick, otherwise, pfffft!

Lubarsky Law lives in alpha builds. :D

I noticed that too, unfortunately this is the one thing that won't >.<...

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I noticed that too, unfortunately this is the one thing that won't >.<...

I'll try and see. I messed up editing build.prop in file explorer and am flashing to start over. No more editing when I am hungry and tired. :(

eps1lon3

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! This worked. Much appreciated!

(edit : Kraven clearly wrote on the first post that adb mount only works in recovery...I guess I should read more carefully next time haha)

I was under the impression it's the GPU rendering under developer options...at least it seemed to help a bit before, but now as soon as I leave the menu it un-checks :eek:

That isn't hardware acceleration for all of ICS, there isn't a switch we can turn on or off. That toggle just forces apps that haven't written code to use ICS's hardware acceleration to actually use it. As a result, some apps feel smoother and others can potentially break from it.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys.. I need IMMEDIATE help. Battery on phone says it doesn't charge unless Hooked up to a computer or USB mass type device such as cable box and the Battery log is showing nothing out of the ordinary and I rebooted, 66% rebooted IMMEDIATELY after and got 23% (connect to charger) now at 10%... I cleared cache and it ain't helping. Even tried Battery Calibrator and removed the .bin file for battery stats. Of course it generated it back... %age just keeps jumping from place to place..

When I plug it in to the wall, it doesn't say it is charging or nothing. It just gets hot.

When I plug it in to a USB mass kinda device, temp stays normal and says it is charging. I didn't have this prob in CM7 by thekraven...

What can I do. I need my phone for school tomorrow....

Sent from my LG-LS670 with CyanogenMod 9 and Ice Cream Sandwich!

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Guys.. I need IMMEDIATE help. Battery on phone says it doesn't charge unless Hooked up to a computer or USB mass type device such as cable box and the Battery log is showing nothing out of the ordinary and I rebooted, 66% rebooted IMMEDIATELY after and got 23% (connect to charger) now at 10%... I cleared cache and it ain't helping. Even tried Battery Calibrator and removed the .bin file for battery stats. Of course it generated it back... %age just keeps jumping from place to place..

When I plug it in to the wall, it doesn't say it is charging or nothing. It just gets hot.

When I plug it in to a USB mass kinda device, temp stays normal and says it is charging. I didn't have this prob in CM7 by thekraven...

What can I do. I need my phone for school tomorrow....

Sent from my LG-LS670 with CyanogenMod 9 and Ice Cream Sandwich!

Flash a 2.2 or 2.3 rom. Remember, these are WIP, Work in Progress, so there are many bugs.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

can i still use clockwork mod for this? going to run alpha4 over my cm7.

I am. 3.0 IIRC. Doesn't have to be the newest touch-enabled version. Just do a full backup and full wipe before you flash (dirty flash won't get you there).

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

my data aint working :/ shizzle

Seems one or the other but no easy switch between. I get wifi on the first boot after install (second boot, actually, just boot up and reboot). Then when I go through the song and dance to get data, then wifi is dead, and I have not found the incantations and dances to get it back yet. ;) I think I need some blood, chicken feathers, pins, and a voodoo doll.

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Seems one or the other but no easy switch between. I get wifi on the first boot after install (second boot, actually, just boot up and reboot). Then when I go through the song and dance to get data, then wifi is dead, and I have not found the incantations and dances to get it back yet. ;) I think I need some blood, chicken feathers, pins, and a voodoo doll.

FWIW, I'm on alpha1 withOUT iscream kernel (mostly because I flashed without it the first time and got lazy and haven't flashed it again since things are working alright now). And seems to be running quite well. I have both wifi and data, but data requires to toggle mobile data setting on boot and when coming out of a no-service zone (it tries to roam in this case). I have spotty 3g at my house, but when I was out earlier I'm pretty sure it stayed on and blue. I can easily switch on/off wifi, airplane mode, etc. Only thing right now is that going into battery section of settings causes a freeze/reboot. When it did work, it wouldn't show any app details either.. Not the biggest deal tho. I'll also mention again that doing the adb command "pm set-install-location 2" allows you to move anything to sd to free up extra space.

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I have to say alpha 4 with bobzhome ics kernal seems to have helped somewhat with the data fading in out. Still turns off and on a bit but ?ot as much! Also looks like the settings are sticking better that is a great thing! Going to do some more testing here

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Data is working for me perfectly. Ofcourse I don;t see the 3G icons when I;m not using anything but when I click on market or maps, it turns right on.

And also wifi is working super fast. Downloaded couple apps on wifi and it worked perfectly.

Airplane mode works form the notification menu perfectly, can toggle as well as long press takes me to the menu.

This is how I installed alpha 4:

Clear cache. Clear data/system/boot/cache under mounts and storage.
Flash Debug-FORMAT.zip. Flash Alpha 4. Flash iScream kernel. Flash gapps. Reboot.
NO setting wifi/google sign-in; Change notification bar toggles to have airplane mode, wifi, data, gps, orientation, brightness, sound (doesn't show yet) .Reboot again now.

I can see all the settings I applied before reboot.
Toggle airplane mode ON then OFF. Toggle data OFF then ON.

Toggle data OFF, toggle wifi ON. Connect to network, test download other apps from market.

NOTE: I didn't apply any patches or followed any instructions on post #194. Thought I'd check this way first and its working flawlessly.

Thanks much Kraven :D

Thanks for these instructions. This method seems to work for some reason. I have had data for at least the last 8 hours and still going.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eletendre84

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Working on a few things. Fingers crossed for camera, native usb, and wifi.

honestly camera and sending picturemail is ALL that's keeping this from my daily. Once again GREAT job on this.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed alpha 4, runs smooth as butter, but, can someone point out how to fix WiFi/data? Without having to reboot 47 million times? I feel like im running windoze with all the reboots. I can get neither to work. Worked flawlessly on Alpha 1.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband Alp

PEOPLE! LISTEN! I FIXED DATA ON ALPHA2.

UPDATED TO FIX ALPHA4 BUILD..... AGAIN, THIS FIX/PATCH NOW WORKS WITH ALPHA4... THANKS.

HOW THIS DATA FIX WORKS:

GPRS provide Internet (in this case, 3G or 1X) services to your phone. Before my fix, GSM and GPRS service wouldn't stay connected to the phone, leaving Internet services a no go. This fix, along with the help of APN's to connect, keeps the GSM service connected to the networks worldwide. GSM service now is always connected, providing your phone the capability to send and receive data. When your phone makes a request to access the internet, GSM service recognizes the request and attempts to connect through GPRS service to send and receive the data. Since GSM service is providing the network and your phone with Network Based Locations and is always connected, when your phone makes the request to send or receive data, GPRS service automatically connects.

I am not the smartest cat when it comes to the roots of how the network works, but I tried my best to clearly let you understand how this fix works.

By the way, I have noticed that the GPRS service kicks in when the phone sends a request or when you unlock the screen. GPRS DOES connect while the lockscreen is enabled, but I have noticed that GPRS kicks in when you unlock the screen.

PLEASE NOTE:

The GPRS service DOES connect if you follow these steps, but it may be a little behind connecting. For example, if you are trying to browse the web, it may say that it can not connect before GPRS connects. GPRS may be a little behind connecting while you are trying to access 3G service.

HOW TO APPLY THIS PATCH:

To fix the 3G data on Alpha2, shut down the phone first.

Reboot into CWM or Xionia recovery... Then nandroid backup as usual... then, CLEAR DATA, CACHE, DELVIK CACHE, BOOT, SYSTEM, and if you have it, SD-EXT. Then, wipe cache AGAIN.

Once you have wiped, flash these things IN ORDER... ROM, Kernal, G'apps. YES. IN THAT ORDER.

Once you have done that, FLASH THE ROM AGAIN. YES, AGAIN.

After that, wipe cache and delvik cache once more.

Reboot... then reboot again. Go through the sign in first time boot thing. Skip syncing at first... Then go to settings > more (under wifi and bluetooth) and toggle airplane mode TWICE. Then, go to mobile data and toggle twice.

IF YOUR 3G ICON IS NOT SHOWING UP ALL OF THE TIME:

The 3G icon appears when GPRS service is connected. Just because the 3G icon is not showing up doesn't mean that you don't have Internet access. I have noticed on my phone that the 3G icon is a little slow appearing when GPRS is connected.

To be sure that the GSM service is always enabled and the data is sticking even though the data icon is not showing, type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer... go to phone > ping test. You will want to see "pass" on all three things. Also, you will always want to see GSM - connected in that testing screen. I see that it is best to preform random tests on it only when the 3G icon is not showing. Test your GSM and data connections at least once a week.

IF THIS PATCH HASN'T WORKED FOR YOU:

If you see "Fail" or "Unknown" on the second thing in the list while your icon is not showing up, try repeating these steps since the "booting and sign in" part or try reflashing the ROM. Make sure your APN's are okay by going to voice dialer and saying "open A-P-N's" or "open A"... if you see one or three APN's or they are not right, go look at thekraven's tip for 3G connecting.

WHEN YOU REBOOT THE PHONE, YOU WILL NEED TO PREFORM MORE STEPS ...

If you reboot the phone and the data starts acting crazy, repeat the toggling airplane mode/mobile data part.

If you STILL can't get data to stick... Reboot into recovery and clear Dalvik Cache and Cache. After that, it should stick. If not, check your APN's... If all of the above STILL won't let data stick, repeat this whole thing.. Thanks

If you have apps that need to be reinstalled that have been backed up using Titanium, fine. Reinstall, but do not restore sys data as it screwed me up.

Thanks guys!
For people that already have flashed and dont want to start over, then do the steps that thekraven said with the APNs and Radio, then reboot then do the airplane on off then on off again, then data on off. MUCH EASIER. and demolishes the diffuculty of doing everything over again. :D

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

That isn't hardware acceleration for all of ICS, there isn't a switch we can turn on or off. That toggle just forces apps that haven't written code to use ICS's hardware acceleration to actually use it. As a result, some apps feel smoother and others can potentially break from it.

Ah I see...thanks, good to know! I was actually playing Angry Birds when i could turn it on :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC