[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 4/5 ZVD basesband Alph

I'm getting something a little more disconcerting than reboots: my phone appears to be shutting down randomly sometimes. Never due to battery life; it's always at or over 50% remaining when it happens. What's worse, I can't turn the phone back on without pulling the battery.

I may have to check my SetCPU settings and see if I'm OCing too heavily, but I'm running lower clock speeds than I was on CM7. It might be temperature related. I have to gather more data before I'll have a decent idea what's causing it.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

The free version of setcpu isn't ics friendly. You have to watch if it keeps the cpu clocked higher more than normal on different roms. On other phones it does not let it sleep.

Reactions: Stryeguy

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Pretty sure I'm running the paid version. Any helpful settings I should check there, or governors I should use above others?

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Ive had about 3 reboots in the last few days, all seemingly random, and all on data. Im running smartassv2 gov, 245/729.

Ill pull a log next time.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Default email app doesn't work. Won't display messages. Just the title, subject, sender...

Also, has there been any determination as to whether we'll be using the old camera files for a while or if there will be progress with the new one?

Stryeguy

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Pretty sure I'm running the paid version. Any helpful settings I should check there, or governors I should use above others?

I'm running onDemand 844/245 now - seems to have fixed my reboot issue.

Thanks Kraven!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Email is showing normal to me. Try wiping email data if you restored from titanium backup. Most of the system apps got updated in 4.0.4, so there could be some incompatibility in settings.

Other option is to swap the email app from earlier builds.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

holy god, now I have the rebooting issue. After changing SetCPU settings. Rebooting recovery, going to flash iScream kernel and hope the phone stays on more than two minutes. That'd be sweet.

Edit: Jesus. I can't get it to stay on more than about 45 seconds. I can't even get it to "adb reboot recovery" shortly after startup. I'm going to use power button to reboot recovery, do a full wipe and reinstall with iScream, then advanced restore data from my last nandroid. Does it seem like I'm frustrated?

Last edited:

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I probably will. I couldn't get it to stay on long enough to even disable SetCPU. You'd better believe that'll be the first thing I do once it's up and going again.

Edit: Flash, reinstall, data restore and I'm fine again, just have a few app updates to restore. The moral of this story?

Don't trust SetCPU with this ROM. Not entirely.

Last edited:

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Interesting I have been getting random reboots without an alternative oc application. Just turned down the speed I had been using on the alpha 8 build with no issues! I was clocked at 825 min. And Max. Now am down to 787 Max. And 767 min. And still had a reboot! Possible kernal issue?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Interesting I have been getting random reboots without an alternative oc application. Just turned down the speed I had been using on the alpha 8 build with no issues! I was clocked at 825 min. And Max. Now am down to 787 Max. And 767 min. And still had a reboot! Possible kernal issue?

You might want to lower your minimum CPU speed down to maybe 480 mhz. You don't need to have the CPU running that high all the time.

Sent from my PG86100

Reactions: fenderman

notebooko

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Your phone probably can't handle it. Why is your min clocked so high? Just keep the min around 150 and the max at 780 you probably won't notice any difference in performance at all except when turning on the phone in which case it make take a few more seconds to overclock.

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I hear ya but when your phone on alpha 8 was clocked at 825 no reboots at all and when running cm7 .2 it was running stable and smooth at 844/480, i just thought I would ask lol and personally its more a wifi only device that I love to tweak so I run it at its Max lol my other op.s is cm7 kraven style!btw thanks for the input:)

Last edited:

Archnemesis

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Sorry if this was mentioned, i couldn't find it when i searched, but has anyone tried and restoring a backup through xionia? I've backed up and then restored but the restore is really buggy. It doesn't restore any setting what so ever and all my apps act as if they were freshly installed. It pretty much acts as a fresh rom install only with bugs and force closes =/

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

You know the processor was tested to run stable at the 600/245....What do you gain out of raising the minimum so high? Phones need some breathing room!!! If you have reboot problems I would leave it at 600/245 for a while and see if the reboots still happen... :)

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I did lower my settings a bit see if that helps at all! But I can tell a difference when overclocked just need to find the right speed for the current from and build

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Try clocksync on the market till i figure it out. Seems that it occurs on other cm9 builds and that's the fix for now.

And alpha 9 is iscream kernel friendly again with the home/menu keys.. so you can test with that kernel.

Is there a boot image to go back to the A9 kernel from the iscream kernel? Be nice to have one to go back and forth easily to troubleshoot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc