[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Test 13 kernel, smooth, no clock lag now. Everything still works coming from 10. Tried bob z ics 2.5, needs work.

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 5/6 ZVD basesband Alph

I guess I should pop test kernel 13 on and see what happens.

Edit: I guess I should've downloaded test kernel 13 a while back.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Oh, good. I need to stay on top of things now that I'm back from Flipside.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

A few new things for alpha 11 testers. These could possibly work with 10G, but untested.
  • Test9 boot.img. Has test13 kernel. Added permissions. New CM boot image.
  • Test 15 kernel. Has the latest adreno mdp files, may need the 11c display driver patch also for camcorder to work again.
  • Alpha 11 display patch for test 15 kernel

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been using my phone much lately, but tonight I needed to write a much needed email to someone and so after typing about 600 words, the keyboard lagged like crazyyy. I rebooted and still had the same problem.I think it must just be Gmail though because tapatalk it working fine. Strange...

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

so, wait, which do we flash first to test? the 11c display patch, or test kernel 15?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Test 15 kernel goes with 11c patch, otherwise camcorder is broke. There's a mdp driver file that keeps getting updates that affects the camcorder. So it requires a new kernel update. I'll release alpha 11 later tonight with the latest fixes. I've been waiting for offline charging fixes from the p500 guys, but i guess it will have to wait till the next update.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Test 15 kernel goes with 11c patch, otherwise camcorder is broke. There's a mdp driver file that keeps getting updates that affects the camcorder. So it requires a new kernel update. I'll release alpha 11 later tonight with the latest fixes. I've been waiting for offline charging fixes from the p500 guys, but i guess it will have to wait till the next update.

Thanks, I meant which order to flash in recovery. I read that kernel is always flashed last, so i did the mdp driver first and kernel 15 second.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

wipe cache, wipe boot, flash patches, boot.img (optional), flash kernel

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Everything is still really slow and laggy for me. I wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the boot.img, driver patch, and kernel 15.

i had been running my nand of CM7.2 all day today and it was night and day as far as speed is concerned.

i guess maybe i should clean flash the next alpha and see if that helps :\ i was hoping to avoid that though, since reinstalling all the apps and customizing settings is kind of a pain

Conker1r

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I have installed Test 15 kernel on Alpha10g and almost everything works.
The camera FC's when I try to use panorama mode.
Speaker phone does not work, neither does the built in encryption.
Otherwise a very very good rom.

I also used the Amphetamines! script with no problems whatsoever.
It actually helped speed up video playback on my phone.

If development stopped on this rom I would still use it.
I can't go back to CM7

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Panorama mode won't work yet and I think only stock roms support the encryption (I'm probably wrong though). Also I would never go back to Froyo or gingerbread after tasting Kraven's amazing ice cream :)

Some feedback for 11c:
Alpha 11c by itself had some lags but after installing test 15 and the qcom drivers, camcorder works great and the system feels smoother than before. The boot time is amazingly fast too. Finally rested the theme engine with the Holo red APK and not sure if it's a apex launcher thing or a system bug but the color of the app drawer didn't change at all. So it's still blue while the rest of my system is red. But overall, great work as usual :p

Edit: my bad, just noticed that apex has its own theme system. Now if only the theme I have installed would color the download progress bars red too.. (My phone feels like the MCP from Tron lol)

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Will the current vm fix work for a11?

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
When I select record video for mms I get this screen.
6399f636-4176-3fb3.jpg

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

i guess maybe i should clean flash the next alpha and see if that helps :\ i was hoping to avoid that though, since reinstalling all the apps and customizing settings is kind of a pain

That is what I have been doing every time a new ROM releases, 11a, 11c. It is a PITA, but I jotted down the essential settings I need, in order. Restoring from data nand or TIBU causes most issues reported here. Gotta flash clean on alpha testing I've found. Then install bare bones apps needed to use during whatever test time I have, and enter settings fresh. Nand to CM7 for times when phone use has to be reliable.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

That is what I have been doing every time a new ROM releases, 11a, 11c. It is a PITA, but I jotted down the essential settings I need, in order. Restoring from data nand or TIBU causes most issues reported here. Gotta flash clean on alpha testing I've found. Then install bare bones apps needed to use during whatever test time I have, and enter settings fresh. Nand to CM7 for times when phone use has to be reliable.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I haven't clean flashed since alpha 9. So, it's likely that at this point it's just so messy from flashing so many things without wiping everything....so yeah i'll definitely clean flash this next alpha and see if things are running faster.

I also realized that I reaaaaaallyyy missed having bluetooth and speakerphone....haha

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

When I select record video for mms I get this screen.
Click to view quoted image

Right now, video recording is set at 640x480 and a high bitrate, so not really mms friendly. I haven't seen any quality options available yet. You could go changing things in the media_profiles.xml to mms settings.

Reactions: benslgdroid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae