[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

Hey Kraven,

Just curious, have you considered working on a CM10 ROM for the Optimus S?

As far as I know, the only one in development is the BOBZ ROM (Originally for the Virgin Mobile [Optimus V] version of the Optimus S):

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/201769-rom-wip-cm10-0-0-rc0-bobz.html

...along with the Sprint Patch by r0gu3dev1pr to convert the BOBZ ROM to the Sprint version:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...patch-bobzhomes-cm10-updated-11-4-2012-a.html

I think that you could totally build a kick-ass ROM, whether from scratch or whether you use BOBZ's ROM as a foundation like you did with CAI and Quattrimus.

This would be especially good, since BOBZ has already indicated that he has a lot going on in terms of his work life, home life and personal projects that he probably won't be working on this ROM anymore until later into the new year.

Let me know your thoughts,

BJ

:cool:

:p TheKraven ROMs: Cold-As-ICE (CM9), Oxygen (CM9) & CM10 TBD COMING SOON!!! :p

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

He has said numerous times in this thread he has no plans of doing anything with CM10 on this device.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Well, as we all know... things can always change. :D

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site

I think cm10 would be too much for this little phone

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Well, as we all know... things can always change. :D just thinking out loud!!
Ps. Been running kernel 26 awesome ! Will be testing out 31 today on CAI

+1 in favor to this! Even tho I read that he sail no to Cm10 on this device... yet there is till hope!!:D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Alnn,

That is certainly the opinion of a few folks out there.

However, my point is that there is ALREADY development out there for CM10 on this phone, and my opinion is that Kraven would do a hell of a job.

BJ

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

As a thought, the biggest problem with CM10 on this device is sheer size. The OS is just too big for the memory, and it requires a LOT of cutting and chopping and such to even get it to flash. CM9 is the last base version that's of a reasonable flash size for the P500 line (which includes the LS and VM670). That's not to say it can't be done by cheating a great deal, but it means a lot of compromises and a lot of lost functionality.

Personally, I'm totally happy with CM9 CAI on my little OptiS. Especially with the "Home button to answer" option. It's like... my favorite thing ever. I am so easily amused.

Also, as a quick thing to TheKraven, thanks for being very RERO about your releases. It's made following this thread and this rom a real treat, and the changes have been wonderful.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

Awesome to see development of this still going Kraven, props to you man!

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Just a curiousity.. how do you get rid of the navigation button bar at the bottom of the screen? It appears to be just a check box settings > system> show navigation bar (requires reboot)... hmmm... if that's correct, it's not working for moi... is there a way to completely remove it before flashing? i feel strongly enough about losing that bit of screen real estate that I'm willing to reflash the whole thing to get rid of it.

I'm also a bit confused on the version of android this is based off... There are a couple of apps Autodesk Sketchbook, JoAnn Fabrics (wife wants her coupons) and a few others that work no problem on BobZ' ICS ROM... but are a no go here...

Anyone have some thoughts or suggestions?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Just a curiousity.. how do you get rid of the navigation button bar at the bottom of the screen? It appears to be just a check box settings > system> show navigation bar (requires reboot)... hmmm... if that's correct, it's not working for moi... is there a way to completely remove it before flashing? i feel strongly enough about losing that bit of screen real estate that I'm willing to reflash the whole thing to get rid of it.

I'm also a bit confused on the version of android this is based off... There are a couple of apps Autodesk Sketchbook, JoAnn Fabrics (wife wants her coupons) and a few others that work no problem on BobZ' ICS ROM... but are a no go here...

Anyone have some thoughts or suggestions?

I tried both programs and they work fine. Did you do a full wipe before installing? Nav bar check off/on working too.

weriov

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Flashed kernel 33 earlier today, and now my phone won't vibrate at all. Anybody else have this problem?

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Full wipe and beyond. Repartitioned. Two different sd cards. Have had these same two issues each time I've installed. TWRP 2.2.2.1

Let me ask you something. Which Jo Ann Fabrics app did you try? The sneaky third party app or the one issued by the company? 5th International US, Inc is the publisher of the real app.
Screenshot_2012-11-11-07-43-59.pngScreenshot_2012-11-11-08-05-25.png

The reason I would like to use this ROM is access to ADB. With BobZ', I have no ADB connectivity. But, these two apps, used frequently, might force me to go back and then figure out a way around the lack of ADB support.

If it matters, in case I haven't mentioned it, this is an OV with your patch for the buttons applied.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I see now. It's a few lines in the build.prop that makes the difference for market capatibility. You can make the changes on the phone via Root browser app.. adb pull and push the build.prop to make the changes. If it works, i'll update the virgin patch. Unless Bobzhome's are different values there.

ro.product.model=LG-VM670
ro.product.device=VM670
ro.build.product=VM670
ro.cm.device=VM670

And make sure you don't mess with these lines and leave as is for the nav buttons. If you delete the #, it will make it stay on all the time.
# turn on navbar keys
# qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Last edited:

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Wait so for the steps on installation for Optimus V:
1. Full wipe + wipe dalvik & wipe cache
2. Flash "Alpha 18c" zip
3. Flash "New Gapps with older voice search inside"
4. Flash "10/13 Virgine fix for alpha 18"
5. Boot
Is that right? By the way, I'm on ZV4 is that going to be a problem o.o

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Looks like you did everything correctly. I flashed the VM patch too and got the market incompatibility on those apps.

After you make the build.prop changes, you will need force stop Play and clear data, then force stop Google framework and clear data. Reboot and clear cache and dalvik.

Settings/apps/ All tab... find Google play store ..force stop .. clear data
same tab.. find Google services framework. force stop .. clear data

how to solve the problem of 'This app is not compatible with your device'

New Virgin patch below with the changes.

View attachment Virgin.fix2.cm9alpha18.zip

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

hmmm... that's the problem I have now with the navbar... it does stay all the time.
as for the other changes to the build.prop, I'll make those and get back to you in a few hours. have to go to jo-ann's and get the wife some more yarn since she's working today. it's a fair trade off, she knits and i get to play with the phone stuff...

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Kraven, can u have the option for the normal task switcher rather than the sense one?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I see now. It's a few lines in the build.prop that makes the difference for market capatibility. You can make the changes on the phone via Root browser app.. adb pull and push the build.prop to make the changes. If it works, i'll update the virgin patch. Unless Bobzhome's are different values there.

ro.product.model=LG-VM670
ro.product.device=VM670
ro.build.product=VM670
ro.cm.device=VM670

And make sure you don't mess with these lines and leave as is for the nav buttons. If you delete the #, it will make it stay on all the time.
# turn on navbar keys
# qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
I'm rebooting with the ro. changes right now. As for the navbar things you mentioned, they're not anywhere in my build.prop file to even mess with.

Hmmm... unless I'm missing something, I edited the build.prop in /system and have permissions set to rw-r--r--
no change of behavior from what I experienced before.

Those two apps I mentioned are still coming up as not valid for this version and the navbar across the bottom is still persistent no matter how I have it set via settings> system

Going to flash back to BobZ' ICS ROM for the morning before I head out to do the errands, will change back and investigate more when I get home.

Thanks for the quick reply and on going help.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

It's built into the frameworks, i probably won't change that. But if someone finds the commit for the task switcher chooser code in AOKP ICS, i might add it.

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Looks like you did everything correctly. I flashed the VM patch too and got the market incompatibility on those apps.

After you make the build.prop changes, you will need force stop Play and clear data, then force stop Google framework and clear data. Reboot and clear cache and dalvik.

Settings/apps/ All tab... find Google play store ..force stop .. clear data
same tab.. find Google services framework. force stop .. clear data

how to solve the problem of 'This app is not compatible with your device'

New Virgin patch below with the changes.

View attachment 45736

Good enough... will give it a shot when I get back.
Any thoughts on the inability to turn off the NavBar? or is that part of the new Virgin.fix2 ?

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Just an aside to this whole discussion...

Is there a sushi place called Fuji or something still in the Tulsa area? I believe is right across from a mall out there (something hills maybe?)... Twenty something years ago I used to travel all over the country for work and have had sushi everywhere in the US. That place had some of the best, freshest and most original sushi of anywhere I've been... whodathunkit...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513