Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

i'm really digging the Paranoid android build Kraven....so far it rocks :D

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Using 19E with the int2sd+ script added, running test kernel 36. Things seem pretty smooth so far, and of course TiBu batch install work since /sd-ext is mounted to the /data partition. Still getting FCs with ES File Explorer, couldn't begin to tell you why. We'll see what other fun issues crop up with extended use.

Es file explorer broke going from 19d to e I believe it has to do with the white screen gmail/Facebook fix

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes that works for any phone. All it does is change permission on 3 files if you use bluetooth. You can change permissions manually via Rootbrowser on 3 files in the system/xbin directory. hciattach, hcitool, and hcidump. And just add a check to Set UID on all 3, which changes permission to chmod 4755

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-24-18-16-16.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-18-16-16.png
    49 KB · Views: 310

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Video playback works perfectly for me. I use gallery also. No Mx or quickpic. Why is this a issue? Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

OK - going to try a true ICS experience again... Clock lag is a major issue for me since my job is based on tracking my time, so using the alpha 19e build with test21 kernel and the alpha19 virgin patch.
Anyone see a problem so far? My question of the day is this, what is the optimum SD-EXT partition size? I believe I read at some point it should be 10% of your SD card capacity, but can no longer find where I read that.

Dbzavatar

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
ok I'm confused about something. I've been using build 19e for a while now and I'm starting to notice issues with YouTube. At first, hq works fine and I could play videos perfectly. However, after a while, it seems that it just stops working properly and I have to turn hq off. I I have this problem on both test 35 and 36 kernels. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I figured out how to access apps2sd in the Cold As Ice settings. But I'm having trouble implementing it.

I did the following:
  1. Used Mini Tool Partition Wizard to create an EXT3 partition on my microSD card
  2. Put the sdcard in my android, booted, enabled App2sd in Cold As Ice
  3. Rebooted into Recovery, chose to 'Mount sd-ext'
  4. Booted into Cold as Ice
CAS says I'm using App2sd, and that it's a properly formatted ext3 partition. But when I go into 'Settings -> Storage' I found that my internal storage is no bigger than before.

What am I doing wrong?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I figured out how to access apps2sd in the Cold As Ice settings. But I'm having trouble implementing it.

I did the following:
  1. Used Mini Tool Partition Wizard to create an EXT3 partition on my microSD card
  2. Put the sdcard in my android, booted, enabled App2sd in Cold As Ice
  3. Rebooted into Recovery, chose to 'Mount sd-ext'
  4. Booted into Cold as Ice
CAS says I'm using App2sd, and that it's a properly formatted ext3 partition. But when I go into 'Settings -> Storage' I found that my internal storage is no bigger than before.

What am I doing wrong?

That's normal. That screen only shows /data even if the sd-ext is working properly. Install some apps and check the partition info screen to see how much sd-ext space is used
epavedat.jpg

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all.
I jumped over from the V forum to give this ROM a shot.
I am unclear, however as to how this will work or any install or network issues as it states to be on ZVD.
I have never diverted from ZV5 and CMR Blue.
The recovery I understand, it's just this firmware....is it part of the ROM itself or do I need to do something more on my end to get this up and going besides the steps listed. Also using Link2SD. Steps to take as far as that's concerned other than copying to PC?

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey all.
I am unclear, however as to how this will work or any install or network issues as it states to be on ZVD.
The recovery I understand, it's just this firmware....is it part of the ROM itself or do I need to do something more on my end to get this up and going besides the steps listed. Also using Link2SD. Steps to take as far as that's concerned other than copying to PC?

Just flash the virgin patches after you flashed rom gapps etc.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.

Full wipe - flash rom - flash gapps - flash virgin fix - reboot - skip setup - go to settings/performance and Select dc2sd for your sd-ext option - reboot - enter play store to setup your Google account - finish setting up to your liking and enjoy

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
How do I disable the nav bar? I see the option in settings to show it and I does not work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol