[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

serialrage

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Everything is working fine with this other than when i try to enable my USB mass storage it doesn't get recognized by my computer. I'm using 19E by the way. wondering what need to do to fix.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything is working fine with this other than when i try to enable my USB mass storage it doesn't get recognized by my computer. I'm using 19E by the way. wondering what need to do to fix.

Make sure you have the drivers installed on the computer and usb fastcharge is not on. It should be working fine

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
how do i take off the a2sd scripts and the dc2sd script ?

In the system/etc/init.d folder there is 10apps2sd which is the a2sd and dc2sd script
There is also the 05mountext but that only mounts the sd-ext, so leave that or replace with a similar script.

In the system/bin/a2sd <--- you may need to delete that too. And/or turn it off in the performance menu.

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have ran into a problem. After installing cold as ice it gets stuck on the cyangenmod9 splash screen (blue streaks coming at you). The only way out is to pull the battery.

Here are the details: I installed flashimagegui from the market. Flashed VM670NH_recovery.img (cleared Dalvik and cache). Booted into recovery, cleared dalvik and cache again, installed alpha19-1testE.cm91-20121120-kraven-L... then gapps-ics-201220511-fixed.zip and Virgin.fix.cm9alpha19E.zip. Then I rebooted. It went past the lg log to the cyangenmod log and then to the splash screen (blue streaks coming at you) and that is where it has been for over an hour now on my last attempt. I have wiped dalvik and cache more times than I care to count.
I have successfully flashed two other Optimus V phones using the same process I outlined above, the only difference being is that on this particular phone, it was rooted using a different method (super one click I believe) than the other two.
I can still boot into recovery, but I cannot get into the rom, nor can I boot into Quatrimmus or IHO roms. The IHO rom actually stops on the splash screen with no movement after about a minute of movement.

Any help here would be appreciated.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have ran into a problem. After installing cold as ice it gets stuck on the cyangenmod9 splash screen (blue streaks coming at you). The only way out is to pull the battery.

Here are the details: I installed flashimagegui from the market. Flashed VM670NH_recovery.img (cleared Dalvik and cache). Booted into recovery, cleared dalvik and cache again, installed alpha19-1testE.cm91-20121120-kraven-L... then gapps-ics-201220511-fixed.zip and Virgin.fix.cm9alpha19E.zip. Then I rebooted. It went past the lg log to the cyangenmod log and then to the splash screen (blue streaks coming at you) and that is where it has been for over an hour now on my last attempt. I have wiped dalvik and cache more times than I care to count.
I have successfully flashed two other Optimus V phones using the same process I outlined above, the only difference being is that on this particular phone, it was rooted using a different method (super one click I believe) than the other two.
I can still boot into recovery, but I cannot get into the rom, nor can I boot into Quatrimmus or IHO roms. The IHO rom actually stops on the splash screen with no movement after about a minute of movement.

Any help here would be appreciated.

You will need to wipe data, cache,dalvik and sd-ext, this is the same as a factory reset in recovery. Also wipe boot and system. I think the VM670NH recovery is cm9 compatible, but other virgin users will have to say.

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just to be sure (and by the way, thanks for the help), I will need to go into recovery and do a factory reset right? From everything I read, I have seen that we are never to do a factory reset on a rooted phone. Just making sure that I need to go into recovery and select wipe data/factory reset.

And I can confirm that VM670NH does work (as it worked with my other two Optimus V phones).

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Also, in this recovery, I do not see a place to wipe the boot or system. I assume that factory reset would do that if that is indeed what I am to do. Thanks again.

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I formatted the system and the boot as well as wiped cache and dalvik and then reset data/factory reset. Reinstalled the rom, gapps, and VM fix. After about 2 minutes it gave the little vibrating pulse and booted up to the Welcome screen.

Thanks for the help and for letting me know that I can use factory reset via recovery- never knew that.

jasamour

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
thekraven - thanks for such a great ROM, plus all the continuous contributions and support you provide in the android world!!! A couple of things...

1) I have been using your ROM for a couple of days and has been pretty stable. :) Also, I just installed the latest gallery video thumbnail and latest omx fixes and they worked! :)

2) While the phone is being charged, I cannot boot into either Android or Recovery from: powering the phone from the OFF state, from within recovery, or even just rebooting from within Android. It shows the LG logo, then it barely flashes the CM logo and returns to the batery charging status. Is this a CM9 issue?

3) Bluetooth works fine. However, when I am done using bluetooth, I turn off my bluetooth device and as soon as i turn off bluetooth, the phone freezes and reboots. There still seems to be a "reboot phone when Bluetooth is turned off" bug. It happens every time. Any thoughts?

4) Any idea if/when you have plans to address the "headphones no mic" issue to include support for microphones on wired headphones?

Thanks again!
p.s. running Cold As Ice on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
(thanks thewraith420 for all the quality info and feedback in several threads and forums)

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Had to get in on page 420 lol jk. First off thanks theKraven, that can't be said enough. For the guys in zvj on vm670 do you see any performance or signal or battery improvements since going to zvj? And what base band did you leave?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
thekraven - thanks for such a great ROM, plus all the continuous contributions and support you provide in the android world!!! A couple of things...

1) I have been using your ROM for a couple of days and has been pretty stable. :) Also, I just installed the latest gallery video thumbnail and latest omx fixes and they worked! :)

2) While the phone is being charged, I cannot boot into either Android or Recovery from: powering the phone from the OFF state, from within recovery, or even just rebooting from within Android. It shows the LG logo, then it barely flashes the CM logo and returns to the batery charging status. Is this a CM9 issue?

3) Bluetooth works fine. However, when I am done using bluetooth, I turn off my bluetooth device and as soon as i turn off bluetooth, the phone freezes and reboots. There still seems to be a "reboot phone when Bluetooth is turned off" bug. It happens every time. Any thoughts?

4) Any idea if/when you have plans to address the "headphones no mic" issue to include support for microphones on wired headphones?

Thanks again!
p.s. running Cold As Ice on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
(thanks thewraith420 for all the quality info and feedback in several threads and forums)

2. That's just the buggy offline charging. Either unplug then reboot or hold down the power button till you see the boot animation.
3. The bluetooth reboot was fixed a few builds back, i'll see what changed.
4. The headset with mics should be working, There's an old audio patch from early builds, I'll try to find those and put them back up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer