[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Had to get in on page 420 lol jk. First off thanks theKraven, that can't be said enough. For the guys in zvj on vm670 do you see any performance or signal or battery improvements since going to zvj? And what base band did you leave?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Better signal and it feels faster browsing but I haven't done any speed tests or anything. Stock zv4 but I've tried zv5 as well

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

jasamour

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
3. The bluetooth reboot was fixed a few builds back, i'll see what changed.
4. The headset with mics should be working, There's an old audio patch from early builds, I'll try to find those and put them back up.
Having the same issue with rebooting after Bluetooth turns off (not just disconnecting). Hope you can find the issue.
Headset with no mix I've seen that fix on here before but can't seem to find it

I found this post with audio patch - mic+fix+for+cm9apha1a.zip (link)

After flashing this patch on the latest build and testing, this is what I found out:
1) Bluetooth Reboot seemed to work initially, but after wiping the cache and dalvik-cache (because Mic Fix wasn't working), the bluetooth reboot glitch came back :-\
2) Headphones Mic does not work :-\
3) MUTE does not work on bluetooth, headset, and phone :-\

I hope this helps. Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Which kernel are you using? The bluetooth reboot fix was in the older kernels. Try test 13, 17,19, and 21 kernels. The code has changed a lot in the new ones and I'll try to find the fix again.

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I expired a weird thing this morning turned on opti s and the battery automatically drained to 90% and now it just acted like it charged to 98% I really hope my phone is now solar charging

Sent from my LG-LS670

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I expired a weird thing this morning turned on opti s and the battery automatically drained to 90% and now it just acted like it charged to 98% I really hope my phone is now solar charging

Sent from my LG-LS670

What release? Kernel? Recovery?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I found this post with audio patch - mic+fix+for+cm9apha1a.zip (link)

After flashing this patch on the latest build and testing, this is what I found out:
1) Bluetooth Reboot seemed to work initially, but after wiping the cache and dalvik-cache (because Mic Fix wasn't working), the bluetooth reboot glitch came back :-\
2) Headphones Mic does not work :-\
3) MUTE does not work on bluetooth, headset, and phone :-\

I hope this helps. Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

That was an old old patch. There was one for alpha 7. I'll see if i can find it.

shock_15

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

Running CM9 Alpha 19E. I was getting fantastic battery life previously, made a bonehead mistake and had to re-flash. Now the battery is draining 8-10% per hour. When I look at the battery stats it says the phone has been awake the whole time. Have I somehow changed a setting preventing deep sleep?

Beautiful ROM by the way. I was on the verge of launching this phone out of a cannon, now I like it better than the day it was new!

Edit: I included screenshots of the battery life screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-05-09-30-53.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-05-09-30-53.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot_2012-12-05-09-31-08.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-05-09-31-08.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 216

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic PA rom, it runs great with the exception of some systemUI FCs that seem to be random. I'm also leaving the optimus s scene soon, upgrading to the Revol LG Optimus Select (AS370) here real soon.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Alpha 19E and cannot get the app2sd function to work. I just switched the mode to d2sd and rebooted; it gave a message 'system is upgrading' and went through 'upgrading' 92 apps, then booted into the phone like normal. I was hopeful, but then trying to install the new Google Voice app gave several 'insufficient space' errors.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing: back up my sd card, wipe it, partition it in COT recovery, reinstall the rom, flash the gapps, boot up, set 'D2SD' in 'Performance' options, reboot, then go through activating my Google account on the phone.

Sound like a plan? Anything else I should try first?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Try this, after selecting d2sd, reboot to recovery and wipe dalvik cache. Then reboot

The new Google voice uses the style that gmail uses, so expect white screens in alpha 18 and below.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae