[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
CWM But I'm fine with sd ext3 at 500mb but now the problem is I can't install non-market apps as the phone claims I have no internal space, when I have 70 mb free AND 400 mb of sd ext. I just got everything set up so, I don't really want to completely wipe and reinstall.

EDIT

Uninstalled S2E and rebooted, now home button doesn't work, settings are gone, and data is missing, it think the delvik cache and system cache got wiped.... sigh.... should have backed up earlier. Going to clean install, later, but what should I do different this time to ensure everything works and my sd-ext is working properly?

EDIT2

I'm almost certain some of the system partitions were deleted, Major UI elements are missing. Various other system apps are faulty/non-existent.
I'll just boot back to cm7.2 because this is un usable until I completely reinstall cm9 Cai... again what should I do different to ensure a proper install with a working 500 mb sd ext ext3 with journaling? Sorry for the trouble guys :)

EDIT3
HAHAHAHA.... on a whim I re-installed S2E and rebooted... Everythings back to normal, except the out of space error is still there for non market apps... some one please explain what has just happened haha :confused:

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Do a full wipe, install, and when you first boot, exit the setup, go to settings, performance, a2sd settings, and select an option. Then go about installing apps normally. You should have no more out of space errors.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Since it works right now... I just can't install non-market apps, I will probably re install next weekend, I'll update when I do to conform that it worked.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Since it works right now... I just can't install non-market apps, I will probably re install next weekend, I'll update when I do to conform that it worked.

Do you have "allow non-market sources" checked under settings,security?

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
So I'm running CAI on my LG Optimus V. I created an 1 gb sd-ext partition using COT v2.1 on my 8gb sd card. Now, looking at the storage space, I can see that some apps went to the sd-ext but then some didn't. I went on my phone and did the "Move to SD card" option hoping that the apps would move to the sd-ext but I guess that didn't work. I have the a2sd option on and I'm getting the low space error. Is this an error on my part where I have to repartition or is it something else?

Last edited:

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

Is there any way to make a patch or something to make sd-ext less buggy. Or if we are using it wrong could you edit the rom post to include steps for using a sd-ext?
I just can't seem to get things working right now. Thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, you never know... :)

haha true

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to make a patch or something to make sd-ext less buggy. Or if we are using it wrong could you edit the rom post to include steps for using a sd-ext?
I just can't seem to get things working right now. Thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

haha true

Did you try skipping setup on a fresh flash to enable the sd-ext options then reboot and continue setup as normal

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Those are meant to be experimental Gapps. Just to save from downloading from the play store everytime. It should also have google voice and gmail. If you have a sd-ext partition on your sdcard, you can turn on a2sd or d2sd in Settings/performance, and it will move data/app to sd-ext. You can remove apps from the gapps zip or remove with titanium backup. Otherwise, use the smaller gapps for normal use. .

It did have both of those, but I deleted Google Voice because I don't use it. I was just surprised at how much space was being taken up - I used to be on Oxygen 3.0 and had plenty of room for apps. I enabled a2sd per your suggestion and that seems to have cleared up the space issue for the time being.

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a super simple way to figure out what ext a partition is? I want to make the jump to 19e but I'm afraid that I have mine formatted as ext2.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

relooreloo

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the best fix for gmail/facebook whitescreens is to disable hardware acceleration, but it does not seem that CAI or Paranoid can set this on a per app basis. (Can anyone w/ more knowledge confirm this? The lack of data/local/hwui.deny folder makes me think it. Could it be implemented?)
As a workaround, I used APK Multi-Tool to decompile the apks for Flipboard and Gmail, and remove the 'hardware accelerated="true"' flags from their manifests. Boom!- works great, no more whitescreens, and they load/run super-fast! Other ROMs are reporting big speed increases with hardware acceleration turned off for all apps that don't need it.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
i was wondering if someone could help im using the alpha19.testE.cm91-20121120-kraven-LS670 on the cricket network and im not able to replace the telephony.db without having issues is there something i need to do first or how can i go about doing that

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap this rom has come a long way from when I was a tester..... Glad to see you still in action @thekraven! I do miss your work. ;)

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey thekraven,

May I get your permission to use CAI as a base to port some roms? (If i could, major props, I will definitely include you in the credits). If not its cool, it will take me longer, but I think I can manage to compile bobz cm9 from source.

Can't seem to PM you so I posted here.

Sine Wave

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

G'day,
In the new gapps, test_1 & test_2 is the google voice the same as google voice in the market, or is it optimized?
If optimized is there a way to just install it without the rest of the zip?
Really liking CAI, its running like a well oiled clock.
Thanks in advance, G