[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Mms seems to work better over 3g than wifi. Try turning off wifi and asking someone to send you an mms.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

DaveM6

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is the 19E a battery killer for anyone else? I'm using it on my Optimus V VM670. Is there a better kernel? So far so good though, in every way except battery life.

DaveM6

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Dang. Found 1 fault with this 19e alpha :( , every time I tango video chat it says ' tango cannot access audio, please close any apps that are using audio' or something to that effect. Can anyone help?

DaveM6

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about another post you guys, last one lol. Is your cai 19E a battery killer too? According to my battery monitor pro app, its drawing -899mah as opposed to normal draw of -450mah on other cm7 roms. It took my fresh battery from 100% to 79% in 38 minutes, usually lose 20-25% an hour with heavy 3g use. Any suggestions, because except for that I love this rom!

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Suggestions:
  • turn off wi-fi when you're out of the house/know you're not around a wi-fi network
  • leave gps off if you're not actively using Maps/Navigation
  • Settings->Developer Options->Background Process Limit: At most 4 processes
  • leave your screen brightness around 25% indoors, set your notification area "brightness" button to toggle between 25% and 50%
  • Settings->Performance->Processor-> Governor: SmartassV2, Min freq: 245, Max freq: 748
  • Accounts Sync off unless you're on wi-fi

I get pretty decent battery life with these options.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey kraven, any good words on when or if native video playback along with panoramic shot mode will be working smooth?

Try paranoid 1.6g. It has the lasted video playback. Just turn off hybrid tablet mode and it's regular CAI for the most part. I haven't seen anymore work on smooth ics panoramic. I think market camera/panoramic apps are a little better for that.

Last edited:

Trailblazerman

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally flashed 19E. Solved my problem of 'Insufficient space to update app' thingy. I had to use the second option, DC2SD in order for it to work. My previous try at this was with a partition that was too small. I don't have that many apps on it and am using 337MB out of 1GB sd-ext partition. Updating all apps with no problem now.

Losing data happens when I roam and then go back to my home network. Data doesn't come back 'til I reboot.

Clock lag is really my only problem. 19E is great. I went back to Kernel 21, but clock lag is as bad as the kernel that came with 19E. Not sure what is up with that. All in all, a great ROM, thekraven. Thanks!

Trailblazerman

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Kraven, any ideas about clock lag? Man, I love every aspect of this ROM, but the clock lag is killing me. Sometimes it takes a full minute to update. This device is my clock.

I flashed kernel 21 and the lag was still there. Help?!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I narrowed it down to the ril. If you go by airplane only or wifi only, the clock keeps time. Try un checking automatic timezone and network time. It is the proprietary files we have to work with.

You could try turning off all the pm ril sleep lines in the build.prop

kypeth

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I also cannot get an ext partition recognized in this ROM for apps/data2sd usage, is there anything specific requited for it to work properly? I fresh flashed the build with a newly formatted 16gb Sandisk, 1gb ext, no swap, partitioned through xionia, couldn't recognize the ext partition after selecting apps2sd in performance and rebooting, nor could it then enable data2sd to attempt that. Formatted the memory card through windows and partitioned an EXT 4 partition with minitool PW and it could not even recognize the SD after a reboot, had to repartition through xionia in order to recognize the card again, and then had to format again once fully booted up, now of course with the ability to activate apps/data2sd greyed out and unselectable.

I hope I have been clear enough for you to have an idea of what I did wrong or an alternative route I should follow, maybe I missed something or am using the wrong recovery or need specific class of SD card (mine is 4), please let me know if you have any ideas on how to help, it would be most appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay