[KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

simon1b

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Didnt see this bug in the last pages, sorry if i missed it.

Whenever the "data roam gaurd" comes up and i press any of the two buttoms it will automatically reboot it. did it everytime.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Didnt see this bug in the last pages, sorry if i missed it.

Whenever the "data roam gaurd" comes up and i press any of the two buttoms it will automatically reboot it. did it everytime.

There is a bug in iScream Kernel that causes HydroROM to not boot on a fresh flash. There is a good chance that what you are describing may be related to that bug.

It is being investigated and a fix is in development but I have significantly less time lately to work on anything here.

xmrmaniacx

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've recently switched from running Your Mom Rom/Gingerkernel to HydroRom/iS cream. I used to be able to over clock my Optimus to 787 with no problem...now I can't get passed 748 without it freezing & rebooting. Why is that? Should I go back to GK?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Does iscream msm7k governor affect gpu speed? also in the next rom release it would be sweet if gpu oc settings would be added right under CPU settings? Idk just a thought man you guys r doin helluva job it a honor just to read these post everybody is so very bright someday someone is going to say remember that little phone the optimus man they really made that thing kick ass! :)

rjcotton

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
On Hydro Rom and Your Mom Rom iScream makes my phone freeze at boot up when the radio is on. Warning about roaming - accept-decline / pressing either immediately freezes phone and I have to do a hard reset by pulling battery

I want to confirm that I get the same thing. I have hydro rom and had the the Iscream Kernel v01 I would get that message about roaming and either option would reboot the phone. i downgraded to gingerkernel and now my phone doesn't reboot. also i don't have this phone overclocked

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
We have flashed it in the V and its terrible compared to the kernel tdm made for us... he had this kernel in his alpha0 release of cm9 but it just didn't do anything for us. You really don't want OS kernels on an OV. There's no need.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Any chance of getting a feature list? I can get an idea in the changelog, but all the OP indicates is that it's a CM9 kernel that's had a bug fixed :p

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Looks like USB charging dies as soon as I flash from the ZVJ stock kernel to this one.
As soon as I revert back to the stock ZVJ kernel, USB charging (not from computer) works again.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Looks like USB charging dies as soon as I flash from the ZVJ stock kernel to this one.
As soon as I revert back to the stock ZVJ kernel, USB charging (not from computer) works again.

Well considering it's built from ZVH kernel sources I'm not surprised. I'll be rebuilding from the ground up using ZVJ kernel sources so for now this "bug" is being ignored.

anon(806639)

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I know this may seem stupid... but this play nice with the LG optimus V?

I had planned to use it but I've had issues with kernals in the past (HydroKernel v01pre4) because it wasn't made for my device... And I'd rather not reset my phone again lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton