[KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed my phone, just like you said. Kernal Version 2.6.35.7-iScream-v01+dreawwalton... CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2 Build number IHO-08092011-LS670, Android version 2.3.5 Model number LG-LS670 I'm still on Gingerbread, something did not go right. Should I try it again? My background changed back to the Nexus too. Phone still booting up.

I recommend you read, really read the first post again.

Pay close attention to the Warning in the red box, especially the second paragraph. Maybe read it two or three times.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed my phone, just like you said. Kernal Version 2.6.35.7-iScream-v01+dreawwalton... CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2 Build number IHO-08092011-LS670, Android version 2.3.5 Model number LG-LS670 I'm still on Gingerbread, something did not go right. The boot splash also says Cyanogen (mod) 7. My background changed back to the Nexus.

If I'm guessing it right, you just flashed the kernel, that too on an unsupported ROM (I mean in terms of kernel support).

Like the person before me said. READ completely and carefully.

If you are on ZVD, Make a nand backup first (most important). Then wipe data/boot/cache/system; flash CM9-ZVD, flash gapps and other files. Reboot. Then flash this kernel. Reboot.

harsho1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried flashing this on hydro. First tried not wiping anything, then tried wiping dalvik only, then dalvik & cache both. All three times had no wifi. Every time i tried to turn on wifi it just said error.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I did read it, it does not say to NOT do it. There are no details there to read. Just says to test it out if you want. You guys act like I did not read it. So, why you guys got to be such jerks, and tell me to do something I already did? Instead of say, that is what you will see, that is expected. That is an answer. Thanks for all the unhelp. Good to know there are no helpful people here that read this forum.

For your information my phone is working mostly fine. It does the same things that others are having issues with on the CM9 ROM. Such as plugging it into power makes the phone screen go blank, and the phone unresponsive. If you unplug it, the phone works again, and it is kind of charged. At least I did not have to fight to have my Market back. All my apps were still on my phone, and work.

I'm not on ZVD. I was on CM7 from Drew, been on it sense he put it out.

But it does say that bug reports from using this kernel on CM7 will be ignored. Therefore it can be inferred that you're on your own if you have issues using this kernel on an unsupported ROM, and that submitting such bug reports is essentially pointless. To say "there are no helpful people here that read this forum" is quite wrong. There are plenty of helpful folks on this forum, and I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

Now about your issue:

I just flashed my phone, just like you said. Kernal Version 2.6.35.7-iScream-v01+dreawwalton... CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2 Build number IHO-08092011-LS670, Android version 2.3.5 Model number LG-LS670 I'm still on Gingerbread, something did not go right. The boot splash also says Cyanogen (mod) 7. My background changed back to the Nexus.

The phrase "something did not go right" means absolutely nothing. iScream is just a kernel. It doesn't change anything about the ROM itself, and it certainly doesn't change your background. If you want CM9, flash CM9. Also the particular version of CM7 you are using is extremely outdated, and I highly recommend upgrading to the latest CM7 build by thekraven, if you wish to stay on CM7.

Last edited:

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a question, that I don't see any answers to, does the video playback work? I see that the CM9 mod has the same issue. Forget about the other posts, I'm not arguing with you guys. If this update fixes that, then I"ll use it. Thank you.

Last edited:

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
But it does say that bug reports from using this kernel on CM7 will be ignored. Therefore it can be inferred that you're on your own if you have issues using this kernel on an unsupported ROM, and that submitting such bug reports is essentially pointless. To say "there are no helpful people here that read this forum" is quite wrong. There are plenty of helpful folks on this forum, and I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

I'm sorry Drew, I did not mean it like that. I was a bit upset that they were assuming I did not read it carefully. I was not reporting a bug report, I was just confused. There is a reply to your post that says CM7 CM9 ROM and I took that is an OK it works fine. Turns out it runs fine, as fine as the CM9 mod from what I've read in that post. My phone is snappy, and the WiFi works even better. I reiterate I was just posting that I was confused, I am sorry you thought I was posting a bug report.

Now about your issue:

The phrase "something did not go right" means absolutely nothing. iScream is just a kernel. It doesn't change anything about the ROM itself, and it certainly doesn't change your background. If you want CM9, flash CM9. Also the particular version of CM7 you are using is extremely outdated, and I highly recommend upgrading to the latest CM7 build by thekraven, if you wish to stay on CM7.

Yeah, the background issue was because I had removed the SD card and my live background was running and it must have corrupted it, everything that was running in the background was corrupted. (I use Link2SD) The ext partition does not unmount when unmount is used it turns out. I am going to flash the newer CM7 now, as soon as I find it.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
which ROM?
CM9, no. That is a rom issue, nothing to do with the kernel. For the camera comment, are you saying the lack of video playback is the reason the camera does not work, or are you asking why the camera does not work?

I believe that if it is the first thing, that you are wrong because youtube DOES (sort of) work on kraven's cm9 a2, it is just unwatchably laggy, but the camera does not.

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
which ROM?
CM9, no. That is a rom issue, nothing to do with the kernel. For the camera comment, are you saying the lack of video playback is the reason the camera does not work, or are you asking why the camera does not work?

I believe that if it is the first thing, that you are wrong because youtube DOES (sort of) work on kraven's cm9 a2, it is just unwatchably laggy, but the camera does not.

Ah, does all video playback work then? The camera uses video plackback, yeah the camera does not work, I see that in the list still. I've decided to wait.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ah, does all video playback work then? The camera uses video plackback, yeah the camera does not work, I see that in the list still. I've decided to wait.

In A2, the gallery is broken, and YouTube is unwatchable, so there is really not a way to watch things unless you watch in browser (which lacks flash, so you're limited there to). Awesome as cm9 is, I can see why you decided to hold off. this afternoon, I took out my phone, ready to send a picture mail, and than realized I couldn't because my camera doesn't work.

zazilez

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm. really curious for trying it on a cm7 rom, so I'm gonna restore my IHO backside rom and flash the kernel with home button and menu button swapped, and YES IM USING AN OPTIMUS V, just saying

Sent from my VM670 running quattrimus cm9 oc 806~825

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513