[MOD][A2SD] Mounts2SD [DISCONTINUED, READ OP FOR INFO]

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD][A2SD] Mounts2SD for all Optimus ROMs [Updated 5/7/12]

Dante rom may not support the ext4 filesystem
If this is the case, try using an older filesystem. I'm not familiar with Dante as I use Kraven's CM9 as my daily driver :)

On the gingerbread roms, I use either darktremors a2sd with the GUI downloaded from Play (seems to work most often) or S2E (simple2ext) which is also downloadable from Play.

DarkTremors is nice, That's what I originally made a ramdisk mod for Kraven's CM9 when the run-parts support wasn't working, I had to put it in the init.rc, but this works now :D Only reason I release new versions is because some A2SD developers include ARM7 binaries in their packages, I strip them out with this, next time I update, I'll work on introducing ARM6 libraries for EXT4 support.

Last edited:

jjairal

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm also on hydrorom zvj. when i pick the install zip it just goes through the process of flashing but then dont see any set up wizard after that to let me choose anything. when i check titianium backup it shows 959 mb in a2sd with 789 free but all the apps i install continue to go to the internal memory and it says i have insufficiant space.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

[info]Configuration options[/info][info]
  • Apps - m2sd apps <enable/disable>
    By enabling this option, the script will move all apps from /data/app into /sd-ext/app and link that folder to the original path so that Android can find the content. This is the function of the most app2sd scripts.
  • Dalvik Cache - m2sd dalvik <enable/disable>
    By enabling this option, the script will move all content from /data/dalvik-cache into /sd-ext/dalvik-cache and link that folder to the original path so that Android can find the content.
  • Data - m2sd data <enable/disable>
    By enabling this option, the script will move all content from /data/data into /sd-ext/data and link that folder to the original path so that Android can find the content.
  • Cache - m2sd cache <enable/disable/auto>
    By enabling this option, the script will link /sd-ext/cache to the /cache location. This is useful if your cache partition is to small to download big apps from market.

If you don't have an sd-ext partition, the cache will be linked to /data/cache instead.

Also by setting the auto option instead of enable, the script will only remount the cache if the nand cache is below 40mb.
  • Download Cache - m2sd dlcache <enable/disable>
    By enabling this option, the script will only link /cache/download to either sd-ext, data or tmpfs.
  • File System Type - m2sd extfs <filesystem>
    By default M2SD mounts the sd-ext partition using auto file system detection. However some kernels have pure support for auto detection which means that for an example ext4 get's mounted as ext2. This option allows you to define a file system manually to use when mounting the sd-ext partition.
  • Readahead - m2sd readahead <value in kb>
    By default M2SD set's the sdcard readahead to 512kb. This is the recommended value for most use, however if you use a lot of UMS transfers and have a fast sdcard, it might be useful to set this value a bit higher.
  • Noatime - m2sd noatime <enable/disable>
    By default m2sd remounts the system partition with atime and diratime disabled. By enabling this option, atime an diratime will also be disabled on data and sd-ext.
  • CM Dalvik - m2sd cmdalvik <enable/disable>
    For some reason, the CM Team has come up with this fun idea to place the dalvik cache for all system apps in /cache/dalvik-cache instead of /data/dalvik-cache with the rest of it. This is especially fun when you have a cache size of 5mb, because then there is not enough space to build the dalvik-cache and you end up with these really funny reboot loops. However, if you are some boring person that does not find these reboot loop's fun, you can enable cmdalvik to fix this problem. It will force the dalvik-cache in /cache to be placed in the correct /data path among the rest of the dex files.
  • R-Mount - m2sd rmount <enable/disable>
    By enabling this option, M2SD will mount the data partition on /sd-ext and the sdext partition on /data. Your sdext partition becomes your new data partition. Every m2sd command will do their regular job, only instead of moving from data to sdext, it will move from sdext to data since sdext will be the primary data partition.​
[/info]
Taken from the m2sd xda developers forum thread

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm also on hydrorom zvj. when i pick the install zip it just goes through the process of flashing but then dont see any set up wizard after that to let me choose anything. when i check titianium backup it shows 959 mb in a2sd with 789 free but all the apps i install continue to go to the internal memory and it says i have insufficiant space.

There was a problem with the latest version's AROMA installer, the setup wizard instructions I posted do not apply to 4.2.0, please see bubblespit's post above for configuration arguments that go with the script.

the aroma installer was probably my fault, but 2.2.0 worked without me resigning the aroma files.

Last edited:

Kyleluvsandroid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I switched to hydrorom and it now mostly works. Titanium backup can see and use the ext but the rom doesn't. When I restore apps they use internal and ext and I can move the data to ext to free up internal space. When one of those apps needs updates it says insufficient space. I used terminal to turn on mv data, cache, and dalvik.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I switched to hydrorom and it now mostly works. Titanium backup can see and use the ext but the rom doesn't. When I restore apps they use internal and ext and I can move the data to ext to free up internal space. When one of those apps needs updates it says insufficient space. I used terminal to turn on mv data, cache, and dalvik.

Not sure what to tell you, I don't use titanium backup. By move, you don't mean your using the settings app's Move to SD Card or Move to Phone buttons are you? If you are that might be your problem, using those buttons with an A2SD mod like this will cause problems. Also try clearing your Dalvik Cache.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD][A2SD] Mounts2SD for all Optimus ROMs [Updated 5/12/12]

So.....just flash it and you're good? I'm confused too. Running zvj, I haven't had any luck getting apps to SD card. I'm gonna keep looking.
Edit-looks like there's better options for me. I appreciate anyone keeping us lowly optimus s users updated :p
Edit-I went for the darktremor app2sd+ the GUI from market. I don't know if I did it right. I just selected the zip from SD card,and flashed the signed zip. The GUI says do an app 2 SD check with terminal. I need help....maybe off topic, sorry just need help.

Last edited:

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So.....just flash it and you're good? I'm confused too. Running zvj, I haven't had any luck getting apps to SD card. I'm gonna keep looking.
Edit-looks like there's better options for me. I appreciate anyone keeping us lowly optimus s users updated :p
Edit-I went for the darktremor app2sd+ the GUI from market. I don't know if I did it right. I just selected the zip from SD card,and flashed the signed zip. The GUI says do an app 2 SD check with terminal. I need help....maybe off topic, sorry just need help.

I recommend using the 2.2.0 package,.turn off signature verification then flash it with the instructions in the OP and you'll be good to go.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just came to report that 4.2.0 ate my homework er phone. I see the updated OP. Not sure I want to try again. Every a2sd has been a bust after some time. Too many ROM changes all the time.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS ROM & Tapatalk

Reactions: ShadowEO

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I wonder what the differences in our phones are. What makes them so drastically different? I'm running the "fixed" 4.2.0, I had no signal in cm9a9, wifi breaks on the new cm9a10f boot image, tethering has always worked for me, gps doesn't work well without my gps fix, no matter what rom....

There has to be some significant difference in our phones... Damned if I can figure it out...

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Just came to report that 4.2.0 ate my homework er phone. I see the updated OP. Not sure I want to try again. Every a2sd has been a bust after some time. Too many ROM changes all the time.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS ROM & Tapatalk

It ate mine too, which is why I put 2.2.0 back up, 2.2.0 with the settings on the OP works flawlessly everytime for me on Kraven's updates :)

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

As of version 4.4.0, My packages are no longer needed. The Author removed all binaries to fix compatibility issues with ARM6 devices.

Please download from [script] Mount2SD - An All-in-one to sd-ext script (v4.4.0 Updated May 21, 2012) - xda-developers from now on. (Unless you have problems with 4.4.0)

Changelog for 4.4.0:
-----
* Simplified the way the partitions are found to avoid the need for special busybox versions.
* Added automatic control for CMDalvik to avoid activating it when 'getprop dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only' is set or to force activate it when we mount a tmp cache partition.
* Added system property control for ROM devs that makes it possible to manipulate the script from build.prop.
* Added more sd-ext scripts to the auto deletion list used when flashing the script.
* Fixed wifi issues on ICS ROM's when enabling r-mount after full wipe.
* Fixed boot hanging issues with certain ROM's.
* Fixed problems with chmod and chown.
* Removed all binaries to avoid problems with Arm v6 devices.

Note:
Do to the more simplified way of locating the partitions, the rules has become more strict. The partition layout must be exact which means Fat32 as the first partition, sd-ext as the second and SWAP as the third.

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
i have 2.2.0 on cm7, should i just flash this right over? do i just follow the same instructions as 2.2.0? meaning pick only data/apps/dalvik and leave file system to autodetect? changelog note says i must have a swap as 3rd partition? just want to clarify.. should i even bother re flashing this newer version?

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
i have 2.2.0 on cm7, should i just flash this right over? do i just follow the same instructions as 2.2.0? meaning pick only data/apps/dalvik and leave file system to autodetect? changelog note says i must have a swap as 3rd partition? just want to clarify.. should i even bother re flashing this newer version?

You do not need a swap, but if you have one out must be the third partition. You don't have to flash it, but it's supported better from the author. I haven't tried the new version myself. I assume the same instructions CAN apply.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Is a dirty flash just not possible with this script? I've tried twice to simply flash /cache and Dalvik, then install a new ROM; each time, I "lost" my data (assuming it's still on the /sd-ext partition). What is the magic trick that I'm missing?

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
dirty flash rom and/or kernel, reboot into rom, reboot again into recovery and flash the mod. It's worked once or twice for me. Otherwise, it all just crashes and I have to clean flash everything.

edit: you can also just restore the data partition via recovery too...

Last edited:
Reactions: Thraeryn

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
dirty flash rom and/or kernel, reboot into rom, reboot again into recovery and flash the mod. It's worked once or twice for me. Otherwise, it all just crashes and I have to clean flash everything.

edit: you can also just restore the data partition via recovery too...

I did both for good measure just now and things seem to work. I was pretty sure I did the same thing the first time around, but I obviously didn't because things were completely borked. Thanks for the tip.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I really don't know, I dirty flash everytime with 2.2.0 and everything works great. Sorry I haven't been paying attention lately guys lol.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums