[BETA][ROM][MIUI] Rawrzilla Beta 2 By Team A.P.P

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][MIUI]Rawrzilla_ZVD_Alpha3 :D

Anywhere close to Phone.apk being MORE stable?

No :( im getting there though. its a setting WITHIN Phone.apk... its a pain but ill get it or gannon will before me(i think hes waiting on me though :p)

>.> disregard me previous statement... its closer than you think ;)

Last edited:

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][MIUI]Rawrzilla_ZVD_Alpha3 :D

go check gannons thread to fix FC

working on sense rom

He has already told me how to fix it... im trying my best to get it working but its not liking me

GOT IT!!!

Uploading as BETA 1 now.

Come and get it!!!!!!

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
pretty cool
a little while ago i flashed a camera thing on cm9 that fixed it but i deleted if i find it i know it would work on here if i find it i will post it ok.

working on sense rom

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [BETA][ROM][MIUI] Rawrzilla Beta 1

I booted the first time, went to setup Google so I enabled Wifi... connected to home network and MIUI says "Can not connect to server."

I flashed iScream..

What gives?

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I tried Alpha 3 the other day and have some questions. The other flip clocks weren't showing properly and when I tapped on it it said application not installed? Couldn't figure out where the alarm clock was. lol
Also I used the theme app it came with and downloaded a theme but nothing changed after I applied the theme. Any ideas? Thanks! I've been wanting MIUI for a while now and thanks for the good work!

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I booted the first time, went to setup Google so I enabled Wifi... connected to home network and MIUI says "Can not connect to server."

I flashed iScream..

What gives?
did you read to OP for the Fixes?
WIFI needs to be connected to the network then it needs to be rebooted.
I can't receive calls... Phone FC's when I TRY to get a call... It doesn't even connect..

Odd... i can make calls but i get the FC during the call(i can still make the call.) i actually dont know if i can recieve right now(i could before)

I tried Alpha 3 the other day and have some questions. The other flip clocks weren't showing properly and when I tapped on it it said application not installed? Couldn't figure out where the alarm clock was. lol
Also I used the theme app it came with and downloaded a theme but nothing changed after I applied the theme. Any ideas? Thanks! I've been wanting MIUI for a while now and thanks for the good work!
Themes Work after making the folder Theme in /data/system/

to do this open up an adb shell and type
Code:
su
mkdir /data/system/theme
exit
exit
do not place your theme in this folder.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

did you read to OP for the Fixes?
WIFI needs to be connected to the network then it needs to be rebooted.

Odd... i can make calls but i get the FC during the call(i can still make the call.) i actually dont know if i can recieve right now(i could before)

Themes Work after making the folder Theme in /data/system/

to do this open up an adb shell and type
Code:
su
mkdir /data/system/theme
exit
exit
do not place your theme in this folder.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out (the phone thing) and we will be able to make/receive calls...

I did something when I tryed flashing Alpha3... I flashed SOMETHING and I was able to make/receive calls with the fully functional Phone UI.. i could use the dialer and everything.. I can't remember what/how it fixed it..

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully we can get this sorted out (the phone thing) and we will be able to make/receive calls...

I did something when I tryed flashing Alpha3... I flashed SOMETHING and I was able to make/receive calls with the fully functional Phone UI.. i could use the dialer and everything.. I can't remember what/how it fixed it..

Honestly.... i dont know whats wrong. i can use dialer just fine...........

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

He probably had a bad flash, hence the part where he reflashed another and it worked. He most likely reflashed the Beta1 and it fixed it for him. Just a thought :)

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Ask gannon or maybe thekraven to debug... I know/think it is the MIUI platform because CAI (cold as Ice) can make/receive calls with the UI just fine..

I can't... I tried debugging and everything... Even tried putting CM7's phone.apk into MIUI's.. It causes the ROM to crash.. I am trying the CM9 later... I just returned to stock 2.2.2 UNROOTED just because I thought I could Nandroid my Stock for a later time...

Back on topic..

I removed MIUI's phone.apk to see what'd it do and it caused MIUI to keep throwing back "Sorry! com.google.android.acore has stopped responding!" so I can't make calls with the UI now (thank goodness for CWM)..

I don't know why it won't work right..

As I said in the previous post, I did something and had the phone.apk UI working (airplane mode was still forked).. I will see about flashing/investigating to see what it was later...

Ask thekraven and gannon for help.. I think it might be a problem with the MIUI port because I am for a fact for sure that it isn't the sources (repo)...

Thanks me2151...

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF YOU DOWNLOADED AND IT WORKED FOR YOU..

Hello guys and gals of AndroidCentral...

I have been looking around and I see that most ROMs require you to wipe system, boot, cache, and sometimes data before you can flash a zip file..

I also see that (with the power of Android Edify) you can create a zip that does it for you.

So, do you have a ROM that you want to flash but need to wipe everything and may want to pertain your data? I can help!

I have created a TOOL (well actually two of them).. one wipes EVERYTHING (Boot Animation, System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache, AND /sdcard/.androidsecure)... and the other does the same thing except doesn't remove User Data..

HOW TO WIPE THE SYSTEM/DATA (DEPENDING ON WHICH YOU ARE USING)/CACHE/BOOTANIMATION/"/sdcard/.androidsecure" WITH THE ZIP FILES:

Just Flash these in recovery... NO Need to wipe cache or anything... just flash.. This will remove System Files from your system allowing you to flash a ROM without having to manually wipe the system.

DOWNLOADS

Without Data Wipe - OCDW_without_data_wipe.zip
WITH Data Wipe - OCDW_clean_wiper.zip

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Ask gannon or maybe thekraven to debug... I know/think it is the MIUI platform because CAI (cold as Ice) can make/receive calls with the UI just fine..

I can't... I tried debugging and everything... Even tried putting CM7's phone.apk into MIUI's.. It causes the ROM to crash.. I am trying the CM9 later... I just returned to stock 2.2.2 UNROOTED just because I thought I could Nandroid my Stock for a later time...

Back on topic..

I removed MIUI's phone.apk to see what'd it do and it caused MIUI to keep throwing back "Sorry! com.google.android.acore has stopped responding!" so I can't make calls with the UI now (thank goodness for CWM)..

I don't know why it won't work right..

As I said in the previous post, I did something and had the phone.apk UI working (airplane mode was still forked).. I will see about flashing/investigating to see what it was later...

Ask thekraven and gannon for help.. I think it might be a problem with the MIUI port because I am for a fact for sure that it isn't the sources (repo)...

Thanks me2151...

I am aware that it IS the MIUI and not the source... gannons rom also has the FCs when calling. I will check with kraven to see if he sees anything.

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF YOU DOWNLOADED AND IT WORKED FOR YOU..

Hello guys and gals of AndroidCentral...

I have been looking around and I see that most ROMs require you to wipe system, boot, cache, and sometimes data before you can flash a zip file..

I also see that (with the power of Android Edify) you can create a zip that does it for you.

So, do you have a ROM that you want to flash but need to wipe everything and may want to pertain your data? I can help!

I have created a TOOL (well actually two of them).. one wipes EVERYTHING (Boot Animation, System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache, AND /sdcard/.androidsecure)... and the other does the same thing except doesn't remove User Data..

HOW TO WIPE THE SYSTEM/DATA (DEPENDING ON WHICH YOU ARE USING)/CACHE/BOOTANIMATION/"/sdcard/.androidsecure" WITH THE ZIP FILES:

Just Flash these in recovery... NO Need to wipe cache or anything... just flash.. This will remove System Files from your system allowing you to flash a ROM without having to manually wipe the system.

DOWNLOADS

Without Data Wipe - OCDW_without_data_wipe.zip
WITH Data Wipe - OCDW_clean_wiper.zip

?????????????

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I am aware that it IS the MIUI and not the source... gannons rom also has the FCs when calling. I will check with kraven to see if he sees anything.

?????????????

I'm actually quite positive I missed a spot when switching out the smali files. I haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but I'll look more into it.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually quite positive I missed a spot when switching out the smali files. I haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but I'll look more into it.

Can we just package a ROM with the default ICS dialer instead of MIUI? Because I got dialer to work on thekraven's UI is a no go..

Am I being "rude" here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21