[HOW-TO]Un-Brick Your Lg Optimus S

rukin1

Banned
Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to make a new thread with WORKING LINKS. Since one of the threads DO NOT have WORKING LINKS.
I have added a few pictures because It's easy to see.
Step 1. Download KP500 and then DOWNLOAD CAB FILE
Step 2. Put the .Cab file in your C:/ HDD.
Step 3. Put your phone in emergency mode By Hitting Camera+Search+Volume Down at the same time while plugging your phone into your computer.
4j2a9k.jpg

Step 4. Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe That you downloaded.
Step 5. Type what you see in The picture in the CMD window after runing KP500.
v4cent.png

Make sure you hit J
Phone Model: LS670 <--Then hit enter.
File .Cab you should e(IF YOU MOVED THE .CAB FILE TO YOUR C:/ HARDRIVE)Type: C:/LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab <--Then hit enter.
Version(SW version)Type: LS670ZVC <--Then hit enter.
Then you should be on your way to finally getting back to using your phone!

IF IM MISSING SOMETHING A LINK ANYTHING. LET ME KNOW AND I'LL FIX IT!
Thanks
Chris.

Last edited:

Sindustry

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
This has worked twice for me now, and also worked for someone else I suggested to.

Should be in the list of guides, but telemike is procrastinating/slacking!

Step 3. Put your phone in emergency mode By Hitting Camera+Search+Volume Down at the same time
Hitting should be "Holding". Just so people who are not fluent in English don't get confused and destroy their phone through fisting :p

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

niteNarmor

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I did everything you stated "to the letter".

#1 - My system is stuck in the Android system recovery screen and will not boot off of it nor will it do anything else.

#2 - I run the program and it states "C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\image\header_bg.gif" can not be found.

#3 - The program will not finish.

#4 - Been at this for hours...

PLEASE HELP. What am i doing wrong????

Thank you in advanced for your time and efforts!!!!!!!

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If you can get into recovery you should try flashing the official zvd update.zip. this method is for phones that can't get into a recovery

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Yunqo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I cant flash files for some reason! Every time I try to select for some reason only the up and down button works and volume down = up button above camera = down nothing else does anything except hide the menu

Yunqo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Will someone please address the
"C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\image\header_bg.gif "

error?!

All I see is question marks when I click ok after that

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a method of this using Mac OS 10?
Unfortunately, if you are at this phase, you are relying on LG's proprietary tools that they produce for Windoze only. I don't think anyone has produced a cross-platform LG tool (a la Heimdall for Samsung devices) and I'm not sure if anyone has tried it in Parallels, Crossover, or WINE yet. If someone knows better, please correct me.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm soooo I can't unbrick my phone unless I use a windows pc? =/
If this is the tool that you need to get back from where you are, then probably. I hate it, too. I run Linux, there is no reason I should ever need to run Windows to manipulate a Linux-based Android device. We can all thank LG for putting out a closed-source tool in Windows binaries only. Makes no sense...

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
On the other hand, upgrading from xp, vista, 7, or 8rp will only cost 40$ to get Windows 8 Pro. It's not perfect, but it's better than the 150$ monstrosity of a fine that one used to have to pay for windows 7 ultimate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC