[WIP][ROM][2.3.7]LeWa Madness Alpha3

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My first ever tiny contribution :D FOR ZVD

Based of LeWa port by gannon (http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/158380-rom-alpha-2-3-7-lewa-os.html) from HTC Port by ajrty33 ([ROM][2.3.7] LeWa OS (02/24/2012) - xda-developers)
This is Kraven's CM7.2 + Gannons LeWa port.

Installation Instructions:
Format Cache
Format Boot/System/Data/Cache
Flash Debug-FormatSystem.Zip
Flash LeWa Madness (Turn off sig notification for now, will do once it qualifies for a beta)
Flash Gapps
Reboot.

Setup Instructions:
Once greeted on the setup screen, scrolldown notification bar. Long press on the Mobile Data icon takes you to the Data settings.
Scroll down to the access Point Names, select it and TICK the Sprint 0. You'll see the 3G icon on top.
Exit, scroll down notification again, long press WLAN. Takes to you wifi, set up you wifi.
Go back and long in to your google account. Download apps from Market.

Swipe up Dock to see your apps.
Customize Dock apps: Just swipe up your dock to show apps, drag what to want in/out of the Dock from App Drawer.

ROM Theme - Vfan/seven are my Favorites. There is a theme app that lets you download themes.
Weather Clock Widget - Go Weather
Lock Screen - Download MIlocker form Market. Create a folder called MIUI/theme on SD card (sdcard/MIUI/theme). Downloading MiLocker might create this, not quite sure. Place the attached .mtz file in the folder.
Go to MiLocker app and apply the theme.

Themes: rediem at XDA made a zip of 30-odd themes. Looks like it works only if you place them on the root of SD card.
Place on root of SD, go to theme app, select import. Let me know if it works. Thread - LEWA ROM Themes - xda-developers

Credits:
Every Dev at AndroidCentral - Sprint forums for keeping our beloved Optimus alive and kicking.
CM, Zefie, Drew, Thekraven for bringing us the CM7 & CM9
gannon for helping me out with and letting me porting this. Thanks Guru.
ajrty33 for the original port to Hero.
Le Frog Technology

Links:
ROM - Updated with email and gallery http://db.tt/KjN098ne . Latest by Almos.lalo - Click Here
gapps - http://db.tt/Tl919Ju7
MiLocker theme - http://db.tt/CIeuvgsh
More MiLocker Themes at XDA - [Milocker][devs help plz] mdpi, request and post it here ~ more than 45 themes - xda-developers

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][2.3.7]LeWa Madness 3.3.2012

Alpha - 1
Initial Release

Alpha - 2
Added email and gallery

Alpha - 3
Fixed 'Roaming Indicator Off'
Removed 'Swapper' (root permission was annoying)

Bugs:
I see a 4G ghosting when I open calender.
Data needs to be toggled after every boot. Long Press data on notification bar, select between Sprint 0 or Sprint 1 under Access Point Names to enable it (Temporary fix).
Need to get rid off the Roaming Indicator off thingy from the notification bar.
Some non-market apps don't seem to be working.
MMS not working (by tlrsax54), can others confirm?

Last edited:
Reactions: twtippets

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][2.3.7]LeWa Madness Alpha1

Update: There have been a few updates to the ROM but nothing that fixes the data sticking or mms issue.
I'm not completely leaving this but keeping it aside for now. I will update it once/if the issues get fixed. Little busy with learning other things for time being and yeah exams too :p

Last edited:

blackZ

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Looks awesome! So everything is working on this? And is it zvd or zvh?. I'll have to try this out after work.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

This ROM looks really cool!I've been wanting MIUI for a while now. Seems like there are a lot of new ROMs coming recently. Gonna try this one out! Thanks!

Reactions: Invincible Madness

thehutch38

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Overall very solid for an alpha build.

Somethings I noticed.

You have to toggle data at every Boot.

Seems to be an issue installing some non market apps to internal memory.

I did have to install a gallery app from CM7 in order for that to work.

But all in all I think you did a great job. One of the most solid alpha builds I've ever flashed my son loves it.(been flashing since the G1 lol) would love to see this on my epic touch. Good job look forward to a beta release.

Reactions: Invincible Madness

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Flash Debug-FormatSystem.Zip
I don't see a link for this. Is this the same one in thekraven's CM7 thread?

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Just tried it. It has a lot of cool features like block calls and sms. The file manager shows different categories which makes it much easier to find the file I want.
There's no gallery so I can't view pictures from the camera or file manager.
The dock can't be customized.
Settings menu and dropdown status bar are neat.
Switching back to CM7 for now. Will be waiting for updates. Keep up the good work!

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Just tried it. It has a lot of cool features like block calls and sms. The file manager shows different categories which makes it much easier to find the file I want.
There's no gallery so I can't view pictures from the camera or file manager.
The dock can't be customized.
Settings menu and dropdown status bar are neat.
Switching back to CM7 for now. Will be waiting for updates. Keep up the good work!

Gallery was having little hickups. I use quickpic which is much easier and loads faster than stock gallery.
Dock background might not be customizable but shortcuts can be.
Just swipe up your dock to show apps, drag what to want in/out of the Dock from App Drawer.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Sweet. Is this MIUI source? Excuse my lack of knowledge just saw the post. Can't wait to try this later on.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance