[WIP][ROM][2.3.7]LeWa Madness Alpha3

thehutch38

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][2.3.7]LeWa Madness Alpha1

Been running it all day. No issues with any of the primary functions. The only thing really of note is the inability to install non market apps.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Gallery was having little hickups. I use quickpic which is much easier and loads faster than stock gallery.
Dock background might not be customizable but shortcuts can be.
Just swipe up your dock to show apps, drag what to want in/out of the Dock from App Drawer.
I tried dragging Browser out of the dock bar but it tries to uninstall it and failed because it was a system app.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

This is going well :)
Good job! I'm looking forward to working with you in future releases

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed your rom , and I have to say that it's cool. Thanks for your work man. It's one more great rom to go with all the other great roms for our phones. I would guess that LG never expected optimus s to live this long, and it probably would not have if not for the great devs here on AC.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

There's not much to learn about when it comes to the framework-res. It's just like any other application, but it's one of the most important. Without this, the ROM can't function properly (note how we couldn't get radio to work because we missed a file in it.) If you decompile it and go into the res folder, you can edit the png's to make it look different, or change the whole layout. Also, the xmls all do different things, but if you're wanting to mess with xml's, you're going to need a little more experience. And then, of course, there's smali. Smali is the thing that runs all apps (If I'm not mistaken). It tells the phone what xml, png, etc. does what. You can add in new features (i.e., quick toggles in the notification drawer) by messing with smali. But, smali is the one thing you don't want to mess with. It's very very very very very difficult. And really not needed unless you're wanting to implement a new feature

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

There's not much to learn about when it comes to the framework-res. It's just like any other application, but it's one of the most important. Without this, the ROM can't function properly (note how we couldn't get radio to work because we missed a file in it.) If you decompile it and go into the res folder, you can edit the png's to make it look different, or change the whole layout. Also, the xmls all do different things, but if you're wanting to mess with xml's, you're going to need a little more experience. And then, of course, there's smali. Smali is the thing that runs all apps (If I'm not mistaken). It tells the phone what xml, png, etc. does what. You can add in new features (i.e., quick toggles in the notification drawer) by messing with smali. But, smali is the one thing you don't want to mess with. It's very very very very very difficult. And really not needed unless you're wanting to implement a new feature

See, thats what I wanted to know :D Thanks.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed your rom , and I have to say that it's cool. Thanks for your work man. It's one more great rom to go with all the other great roms for our phones. I would guess that LG never expected optimus s to live this long, and it probably would not have if not for the great devs here on AC.

You're welcome man :)

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Can't access tapatalk using mobile version ill thank when I can install my non market app and I can't thank until then litteraly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36