[bootanime] ~NOW FLASHABLE! ~ 3rd bootanime for ICS! :-)

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
ICS%20BOOT%20ANIMATION%20AD.png

This bootanimation is fitted specifically for 320 by 480/MDPI sized devices. This includes the Optimus S and the Optimus V.

I am trying the best I can... Kuddo's to Drew, me2151, jstntp, and XDA dev's for helping me learn how to create a bootanime' and flashable zip.

DOWNLOADS:

NEW! See all boot animations at http://www.mediafire.com/cm9bootanimations

Animation1 (Beta1) - bootanimation.zip

Animation2 (Beta2) - newbootanimation.zip.zip
NEW! Thanks to jstntp, we now have a FLASHABLE EMPTY ZIP FILE.. Place bootanimation.zip in /system/media folder, place on SD, wipe cache, and flash like any other zip.

Animation2 Flashable Empty ZIP - Animation2 CM9 flashable by jstntp.zip

Animation3 (Beta3) - Animation3FixedBootAnimation.zip
Sorry! I just now fixed the Animation3.. the desc.txt file in the zip was bad and had an error... FIXED.

NEW! Animation3 Flashable! Thanks so much to the guys over at XDA developers, jstntp, and again... XDA. I had a problem first hand with CWM throwing status 6 back at me and it refused to flash... Luckly, I RETYPED the whole updater-script in NotePad++ without copying and pasting, converted it to UNIX, and encoded it with ANSI in NP++ and I signed it and FINALLY got it to flash... This flashable zip IS compatible with thekraven's CM7!! IT IS COMPATABLE WITH ANY ROM FOR ANY ANY ANY DEVICE AS LONG AS IT MEETS THE MDPI/320*480 SCREEN SIZE REQUIREMENTS. Anyways, the zip is FINE FINE FINE with thekraven's CM9, drewwalton's ZVH CM9 ROM, and me2151's MIUI port... This flashable zip is truly a masterpeice! :) Took me four days to learn how to sign, create a flashable zip, and updater-script with Windows and NotePad++! Woo Hoo! ---- Alright... Enough of my babble!
On to the link... Here you go... Just wipe cache and flash in CWM or Xionia.. Either works fine... AnimationV3-flashable-signed.zip

CHANGELOGS:

Animation1 - Inital Release to the AC world...

Animation2 - Slowed down Animation1 to 2FPS, making the bootanimation readable.

Animation3 - Features an Ice Cream Sandwich being eaten away. Also, in the part1 folder's images, the text jumps around at the bottom, adding a sugar rush kind of effect!

AnimationV3 Flashable - Adds an option for you guys to just flash the bootanimation instead of manually placing it... :)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

This is NOT NOT NOT NOT flashable starting with V3 Animation! :) If you just want the bootanimation.zip for each version, PM me. I will be glad to send it to you... For all of the flashable zips, just wipe cache and flash in recovery... CWM recommended..

For all other versions, Rename the file to "bootanimation.zip"
...You have to copy it into /system/media using root explorer.... Alternatively, you could do "adb remount"; "adb shell"; "adb rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip"; "exit" "adb push /path/to/bootanimation.zip "/system/media/bootanimation.zip"...

CURRENT DOWNLOAD COUNT - PLEASE NOTE: I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO SEE ANY PRIVATE INFO.. MEDIAFIRE JUST TELLS ME HOW MANY DOWNLOADS I HAVE GOTTEN...

Animation1 downloads - 48 downloads

Animation2 downloads - 33 downloads

Animation2 Flashable EMPTY ZIP downloads - 11 downloads

Animation3 bootanimation.zip downloads - Approx. 60 downloads

NEW! Animation3 Flashable ZIP downloads - 29 downloads

THANKS SO MUCH FOR DOWNLOADING!!
[INFO]PLEASE NOTE - Download count will be updated as soon as I can everyday; at least once a day to ensure that they stay updated. If you want to request bootanimation.zips for ANY versions, help me produce the next release, help me stay on task with the download counts, or even create flashable zips, I need helpers... Just PM me.. Thanks guys for viewing..[/INFO]

ONCE AGAIN, THANKS FOR DOWNLOADING! HAVE A GREAT DAY! HAPPY MODDING!

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [BOOTANIME][FINAL] CyanogenMod 9 boot animation

It sure did. I just think behin the ICS there shouldnt be soo much white lol

AWESOME! I am not having the best night with MIUI for ZVD so I am flashing back kraven's GB ROM and then I am gonna push the bootanime file over to the phone..

Please like the OP so I can get more points on my profile..

WannaB

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

You might get more beta testers to try it out if their was some sample images of it :) Ill make a .gif so people may view it!

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

WannaB

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

y0vx0.gif

THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL BOOT ANIMATION

I just used the reference images from the .zip to make a simple .gif. I simply did this to allow users whom might be interested a chance to view the animation without installing it.

WannaB

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

cool cool, i just did it to spur some interest. Its of course done with random images or its a bit choppy. Personally i would love for it to have a black background and it possibly be eaten along the way ;)

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
cool cool, i just did it to spur some interest. Its of course done with random images or its a bit choppy. Personally i would love for it to have a black background and it possibly be eaten along the way ;)

We will get there maybe! ;)
Sent from my LG-LS670 running CyanogenMod 7 and Gingerbread

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I know that you're just playing... please tell me that the posted gif is a joke. I'm already laughing pretty hard, so it would all make more sense if you say yes.

If you're going to use Photoshop--and not GIMP--then you might want to take a quick tutorial on transform and free form tools. This will allow you to at least get the 9 positioned properly. ;)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes