No Facebook notifications or full syncing with contacts

jgdiaz731

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched over roms to CM7.2 by thekraven and I recently noticed that I am having syncing issues. Most noticeable are with my facebook app. I no longer get notifications on anything; wall posts, messages, etc. Also it will not fully sync my facebook contacts with my phone contacts. Yes, their pages are linked in their contacts but their profile photos do not sync to show as their contact photo. I have messed with the settings in the app, like checking all the notifications and changing the syncs from "with contacts' to "all" and even to "none."It isn't a game changer for me to switch to another rom, especially since I am very happy with this one but I was wondering if there was a fix or if it is just a bug. Thanks in advance.

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Try un-installing the app then re-installing it. I was having a problem with my contacts syncing earlier today and that fixed it for me. Haven't had a problem with the notifications though.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
More recent versions of the facebook app are riddled with issues. One more reason not to participate in that mess, if you ask me.

Glad you were able to get it working though. :)

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
More recent versions of the facebook app are riddled with issues. One more reason not to participate in that mess, if you ask me.

Glad you were able to get it working though. :)

Yeah....it's faster to use facebook mobile in the web browser than it is to use the app. it's a little bit ridiculous. -_________- also my contacts don't sync right either. i cant' get the contact photos to sync.

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Go back into your Facebook settings and re-check the "sync with existing contacts" or the "sync all contacts" whichever you want to sync. I had to do that yesterday, too. I checked it when setting the app up, but it didn't stick for some reason.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm