Root ZVH without computer?

omfgitsjthree

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if there was a way- ANY WAY - to root ZVH baseband without ADB or computer. I will not hace access to my desktop until late June, so can I root my phone without a computer? Thanks in advance (if there is a way)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but for zvh no there is not. But you can revert to zvd without a computer, root zvd, install xionia and a custom rom without a computer. Root zvd with the gingerbread.apk, download xionia and install with terminal emulator.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I admit that I have not done this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but in reading over sfhub's guide, you should be able to do this with a terminal emulator, a zip decompression app, and a little Linux savvy. (Click the link above and scroll down to Section B, Note 1).

You would need to download the optiauto.zip, open the zip file and extract the contents to, let's say the root of the sd card, which is /sdcard.

Then you would use a terminal emulator to move the files to the proper directories. For example:
Code:
adb push copy2tmp /data/local/tmp/
would become
Code:
mv /sdcard/copy2tmp /data/local/tmp/

For the remaining bits, remember that adb shell is just like being in a terminal emulator session on the device, only with an easy to work keyboard. ;)

If you are not sure what directory you are currently working in, just enter:
code
pwd

Last edited:

DsTyLeR420

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried gingerbreak i believe there is an app to it.. my friend used it on his and it worked. and i used the terminal it worked. Fair warning if you root Zvd Roms for it are hard to find thta work corrrectly but HydroRom is good with it! hope i helped.:cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried gingerbreak i believe there is an app to it.. my friend used it on his and it worked. and i used the terminal it worked. Fair warning if you root Zvd Roms for it are hard to find thta work corrrectly but HydroRom is good with it! hope i helped.:cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D
I understand that Gingerbreak does not work on ZVH. Also, ZVD has several solid ROMs that work great; HydroROM is ZVH only.

DsTyLeR420

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I understand that Gingerbreak does not work on ZVH. Also, ZVD has several solid ROMs that work great; HydroROM is ZVH only.

oh crap my bad thought it said ZVD. i apologize for the inconvience. I'm so tired haha again please accept my apology. but the theterminal should work btw.

omfgitsjthree

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I admit that I have not done this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but in reading over sfhub's guide, you should be able to do this with a terminal emulator, a zip decompression app, and a little Linux savvy. (Click the link above and scroll down to Section B, Note 1).

You would need to download the optiauto.zip, open the zip file and extract the contents to, let's say the root of the sd card, which is /sdcard.

Then you would use a terminal emulator to move the files to the proper directories. For example:
Code:
adb push copy2tmp /data/local/tmp/
would become
Code:
mv /sdcard/copy2tmp /data/local/tmp/

For the remaining bits, remember that adb shell is just like being in a terminal emulator session on the device, only with an easy to work keyboard. ;)

If you are not sure what directory you are currently working in, just enter:
code
pwd
Thanks, I intended on using his guide anyway. I am familiar with linux terminals so i figure this will be a walk in the park :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexitotab7