Visit site
From Team A.P.P

This is a MIUI Gingerbread Port. (CM7 + MIUI) for ZVD

23951d1334944174-rom-miui-2-3-7-release4-4-14-2012-zvd-2012-04-20_10.46.45.png

Release 4

Code:
What doesn't work:
[S]Browser not included (force closing)[/S]
[S]Status bar battery Icon. (Use Top bar instead. Menu>Personal>Toggle Settings>Battery Indic'r Style)[/S]
[S]Themes (will post the fix after I try and check)[/S] Icons work, see fix in post 2
Some settings force close (still does?)
[S]MMS?[/S]

Release 5

Code:
Stock Browser included.
Lots of clock widgets (Thanks to Jason and Carole)
Center Clock
MMS working or not?
Camera working or not? (freezes on me)

Let me know if you find other bugs.

READ POST 2 FOR MORE INFO

Credits:
Carole
Jason
Gannon
AJ
TheKraven
CyanogenMod
MIUI

Downloads:

Release 4 http://db.tt/Yotk7Bhj
RELEASE 5 http://db.tt/n8f8HAsI 83MB
Not including gapps. Use your favorite from thekraven's CM7 thread. (everyone should have one on their phone already :p)

Experimental Tweaked Version:
Code:
Download R5-EXP: [url]http://db.tt/QCsxrGjh[/url] 68MB
Removed most media files, bootanimation, some widgets. (148MB free memory)
Added some tweaks [U](Leave feedback if you find Issues/Improvements)[/U]
Changed In-call Background

Before and After Tweaking, both oc'd to 748 with SmartassV2 :cool:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Feel free to hit the Thanks button if you like my work.

LeWa Madness
MIUI GingerBread

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release1 3.25.2012

Tips:

If first flash doesn't work, flash rom and gapps again without wiping anyting. (Thanks to Carole for pointing that out)

For POWER MENU: Long press the power button on LOCK SCREEN, it will take you to the power menu.

Home key should be working fine and no fix is needed. Make sure you've formatted Cache, boot/system/data/cache under mounts and storage and flashed Debug-formatSYSTEM.zip before flashing the ROM.

Themes:
Grab rootexplorer or any file explorer with root access. Go to Data/system. Create a folder 'theme' without quotes. its 'theme' not 'themes' and all in lowercase. Go to themes form desktop>customize> select anything except lockscreen> apply theme.
It might say 'converting theme to new format', let it do that. Lot of themes here MIUITHEMES

Lockscreen Themes: If you'd like to have themes for Lockscreen, check this thread out. Place it in the SDcard/MIUI/theme and apply from themes>customize>lockscreen and apply that theme. Some are shabby but most are pretty darn good. I tried trasformers, christmas and 2 others.

Don't move apps to SD if you notice random reboots. Move back to internal if you notice it.

Warning: DONOT select lockscreen when applying themes or your phone will be locked. Hit Menu + Volume to unlock

To have headphone with phone microphone working: GO HERE & READ THE POST (I didn't yet)

If you want to try tvall's new kernel, GO HERE (I didn't yet)

Check out the new Amphetamines MOD by Redbaron2005. (I tried and saw increase in benchmark score)

If you're having issues with Camera, replace it with the one attached, set permissions and reboot (or adb push and fix permissions).

Last edited:

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release1 3.25.2012 ZVD

Sweet! When development for lewa stopped I was just going to hold on until MIUIv4 got a little more stable. And then...wham! Legit MIUI! Nice job!

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Ahh good, I'd rather have an original source than a look-alike. I'll test it out soon, thanks Invincible Madness!

illinoissparks18

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Nice work!! Still fcs but very good!! Noticed alot of rebooting when i overclocked to 738 with setcpu. Other than that this rom is great!!!

fwankbewwy

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Device settings keep force closing on me, home button isn't working and holding power opens notification bar but this might be because I was using the home button fix for the cold as ice rom.
Everything else is working great, I'll update if I find anything else

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

My home button is working fine but long pressing the power button opens the notification bar. The battery fix you mentioned in the first post only put a thin green line on the top left of the screen

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

My home button is working fine but long pressing the power button opens the notification bar. The battery fix you mentioned in the first post only put a thin green line on the top left of the screen

I guess you are asking about reboot menu. Long press the power button when screen is locked, it will take you to power menu (guess, I'll have to add that in the OP)
Battery Fix: Its not really a fix, I mentioned it in the Bugs section. TOP BAR is a good alternative though.
If you want percentage icon, Battery Indicator on the market is a good option.

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is an awesome start. Most glitches I've noticed are due to image size problems. I'm wondering about the battery issue, is it pulling from the framework each individual image or is it pulling from the miui grid in the raw folder?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

When taking a picture, the camera app freezes and then the fc/wait message comes up. Tried installing a different camera but that didn't seem to work either, anybody else getting this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800