[ROM]MIUI GingerBread Release5 4.26.2012 ZVD

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i applied a theme, successfully, backed out locked the screen now i cant unlock it. rebooted and still locked out. how can i fix this?

**EDIT**
never mind just did a factory reset. we're good again!

**EDIT2**
tried the same theme again, evoluer, and happened again. so im thinking its the theme. i've used other themes and they've worked fine.

You can't apply the lock screen. It will do it every time. I'm using milocker but only the themes I've downloaded through that app

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release3 4.9.2012 ZVD

Time out I love the rom. But our armv6 ported flash does not install? Or what goin on here any help please flash is a must (smack a ho who said ....awww armv6 doesn't need flash) IV tried all versions refuses to install HHHEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!!!

And yes I enabled install from unknown sources....

Also what with the no landscape homescreen?

Dont mean to complain but this rom has everything I want in a rom (and trust me IV been looking for the perfect rom this comes very close minus the app drawer but hey its miui. Perfect 10 if flash and landscape home worked keep up the totally awesome work and thank you love the toggles

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Time out I love the rom. But our armv6 ported flash does not install? Or what goin on here any help please flash is a must (smack a ho who said ....awww armv6 doesn't need flash) IV tried all versions refuses to install HHHEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!!!

And yes I enabled install from unknown sources....

Also what with the no landscape homescreen?

Dont mean to complain but this rom has everything I want in a rom (and trust me IV been looking for the perfect rom this comes very close minus the app drawer but hey its miui. Perfect 10 if flash and landscape home worked keep up the totally awesome work and thank you love the toggles

MIUI doesn't support landscape on home screen AFAIK. And I had issues with flash as well when trying veetle tv.
I don't have a solution atm. Sorry.

czifro

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
You can't apply the lock screen. It will do it every time. I'm using milocker but only the themes I've downloaded through that app

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

I've downloaded and installed other themes with the lockscreen with no issue. Will this be possibly fixed in a future release?

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I've downloaded and installed other themes with the lockscreen with no issue. Will this be possibly fixed in a future release?

If you read the second post, it's mentioned in RED that you shouldn't be applying lockscreens.
Some might work but most wont. Themes are made for HDPI.
And no it is not something to be fixed, default theme already has the lockscreen fixed to our phone.
If you want more optins in lockscreens, pick one for milocker form XDA, place it in theme folder, go to themes, customize, lockscreens and apply that theme. Check here for MDPI lockscreens.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Ok I can handle no landscape but please point me in a direction to tinker to get flash working kernel ,build prop,infernal settings from hell??? Anything I will tinker and report!

deathc0re666

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

when i flashed this, it wanted me to click on the android for start up as usual but it wouldnt recognize it, other on-screen buttons worked, it just wouldnt go any farther in the setup, please help

wanabee

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

use power button and settings button to toggle screen make sure you have wireless (wlan) selected then power off
use the manual method (search button,volume down,powerbutton) to get into recovery reflash GAPPS
gapps-20111214-with.VVM.fix.zip......works for me

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release4 4.14.2012 ZVD

I am a big fan of the new boot screen. It seems to take a litle longer than it used to, but with coolness come a little sacrifice of processing power. Great release! Also I just wanted to make a little side note with release 2 I was having some issues with the music controls from the lock screen. That all seems to be fixed with this new release.

Last edited:

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

sorry would like to confirm steps
1) wipe all that stuff in post 2
2) flash the debug zip for the home key
3) flash rom
4) flash gapps
5) restart and we're good?

Any restarts or anything needed in between? Thanks

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

sorry would like to confirm steps
1) wipe all that stuff in post 2
2) flash the debug zip for the home key
3) flash rom
4) flash gapps
5) restart and we're good?

Any restarts or anything needed in between? Thanks

Steps are correct, nothing else needed.

Reactions: itony

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

working awesome so far thanks!

few things to report:
system/device settings crashes
program/browser crashes
the voice button above the camera button acts as another power button...cool haha

Camera keeps crashing but video works :-\

i dont know what's going on but I would like to get rid of the chinese search pop up when i click the search hard button. is it possible to set it back to google search?

edit: hmm nvm i just straight up deleted sidekick and installed google search and that took care of it...hope it didnt break anything!

is it not possible to update prl through miui? my signal looks to be a little weak.
i saw on post 72 that it was stated we should try going to reborn to do it and then reflash miui if there were any data problems...if you don't mind enlightening me on the subject: i just assumed "prl" and "profile" were things that would be cleared when flashing roms and wiping system/cache and stuff

Last edited:

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

So I wiped the stuff according to the instructions and installed the ROM with theKraven's gapps with VVM fix but my phone can't get pass the boot screen. It's stuck at the MIUI android screen. Any ideas? I've flashed CM7 numerous times and I'm on ZVD so I don't really think I messed up anything. Not sure why it can't boot...