Best governor for battery life

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Im setting up a screen off profile in Cpu tuner and I was wondering what you guys think the best governor choice would be when it comes to saving battery life? All answers are very appreciated

duffkitty

Lurker
May 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe SmartAss or InteractiveX would be good choices as they both throttle down as much as possible and ramp up fairly quickly when you wake your phone.

To be completely honest, I don't think there is much real world difference in governors except between Performance and OnDemand style governers (which is probably 90% of them).

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I like SmartAss v2, basically it throttles the CPU to the min state when your screen is off, and when the screen is on, it acts like ondemand. Perfect balance for me, and has worked to my benefit over any other governor.

Try it out, it's pretty cool

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Had smartass v2 hopped up to 900 or so and got 30+ out of my optimus on moderate usage...

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thresholds determine the maximum and minimum value the governor allows the CPU to run. You mentioned you wanted a "screen off" profile, then use powersave for that. I use Smartassv2 as an all time governor, i dont use profiles or anything because it works fine without it for me.

Reactions: Deadly_Poison630

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae