[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
hi noob here.lol i was trying to see if i can use UOT Kitchen on this rom but every time i flash the uot theme it says opening then goes right back to recovery..is there any specail way to flash over this rom??? i tryed the UOT Kitchen recommendations but no luck...great rom btw no problems so far.. can anyone help, please. thank you

Make sure you upload the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk from ginger rom. Turn off generate preview. wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.

anon(332172)

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you upload the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk from ginger rom. Turn off generate preview. wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.

I was able to get it to work by doing that and selecting the amend scripting option.

One thing that I can't figure out is how to change the signal strength indicator using the kitchen. Most of the other notification bar icons work, but for some reason the stock signal indicator remains. Any ideas?

evo_ceren

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get it to work by doing that and selecting the amend scripting option.

One thing that I can't figure out is how to change the signal strength indicator using the kitchen. Most of the other notification bar icons work, but for some reason the stock signal indicator remains. Any ideas?

well i opened up the uot zip and everything was the same but the boot animation and the settings.uot. does anyone now how to apply these two files onto the phone???what program do i use. thank you

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
i did what was recommended and it worked.. thank you everyone ..no i just got to figure out how to flash boot animations..

easy way, use UOT to add JUST a bootanimation, doesnt matter which. Then crack it open with 7zip and navigate to what you need and delete/replace and save. dont actually extract the zip, that way it will still be signed :D

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I see alot of people using Ginger rom with ginger kernel, but i thought ginger kernel was made for zvd?

Hydrokernel is made for ZVJ right? So would the best combo be gingerom 1.3 with hydro kernel?

Sorry for being such a F'in Noober

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I see alot of people using Ginger rom with ginger kernel, but i thought ginger kernel was made for zvd?

Hydrokernel is made for ZVJ right? So would the best combo be gingerom 1.3 with hydro kernel?

Either one works fine, though gingerkernel was built from zvh source so if you have any issues, try hydrokernel. And yes, hydrokernel was built from zvj. :)

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry for asking a noob question but I cannot find my questions via the OP or searching the forum - does this rom or any of the linked kernels by Drewwalton support App2SD? If not, is it possible to run some ADB whatnot to allow my to use the ext4 partition on my SD card to install apps to in this GingerRom?

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Gingerkernel was built for ZVH. If you flash GingerRom I would very much recommend flashing hydrokernel for GB. Consider it a must have.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused/frustrated...

I had a Kenwood deck... kdc-X994... it acted quirky (USB/Ipod connection would freak out periodically and lockup both the USB and the CD player...) but bluetooth would work fine... and my phone book would transfer from my Optimus S w/ Gingerom v1.3 w/ hydrokernel Pre3... Audio streaming would work (but I'd have to disconnect and reconnect my phone when switching to btaudio)...

Because of the issues (and an extended warranty) yesterday my deck was upgraded/replaced with a KDC-X996... my phone pairs fine... audio streaming works great... pandora links up fine... my phonebook... doesn't transfer...

The deck is supposed to support these connection methods:
KENWOOD Bluetooth Products are compatible with the following profiles.
HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
HSP (Headset Profile) * HSP may or may not be connectable from a cellphone to our Bluetooth device.
OPP (Object Push Profile)
PBAP(Phonebook Access Profile)
SYNC(Syncronization Profile)
SPP(Serial Port Profile)
A2DP(Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
AVRCP(Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)

Any idea's?

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Team Hydro,
Any chance in providing the battery power meter from HydroRom as a flashable zip?
I would like to use it with GingerRom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Does it work with the stock rom/kernel?

Not sure... Haven't been stock by choice for over a year...

I'm upgrading the firmware on the deck as I type... 3.0 -> 4.0... We'll see if that fixes things. Again, this worked properly with the other kenwood deck... Updates are supposed to resolve bt compatibility issues...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Anything have app 2 SD on zvj right now? Running Ginger rom and Ginger kernel now, but sad that app to SD doesn't work. The optimus s doesn't have much internal memory you know...

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
GingerRom can work with app2sd. I am currently running HydroKernel and DarkTremors app2sd.

Here is what I did.
I already had a copy of kravens cm9 zip, dt app2sd and es file explorer.

1. Using es file explorer, I copied e2fsck from the system\bin directory of kravens zip then pasted it in gingerrom's system\bin directory.

2. Reboot into recovery and flash the dt app2sd zip.

3. Reboot into Rom

Note: first boot after took several minutes. Be sure to do a nandroid first just in case.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: nazzo

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed to ginger rom with HydroKernal and link to sd. I just cleared both caches so my programs were there and my settings. I just had to redo my widgets, redo my link2sd mounting, and I'm off and running.

I'm wondering if i need to add the new gps fix. Just wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781