[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about theming. I made a theme last night and it turned out exactly how i wanted it, except for the signal bar. It stayed white/gray (which i don't mind), but it's also still green when syncing, which clashes with my color scheme...lol. I used the unicolor icons bc i wanted them all the same color but that one is being stubborn! What did i do wrong?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like UOT isn't able to change those specific png's in our system. That happens sometimes because they have built that kitchen to service hundreds of different devices and the png's your trying to change are named specific for our device.

UOT is cool and a great way to start, but if you want to produce a full theme, your going to have to get down and dirty the hard way.

Those images you are speaking of (sync) are housed in SystemUI.apk. Open that apk (from the rom) with Winrar or 7zip (I like winrar personally) and navigate to res/drawable-mdpi. Extract those images to a folder on your desktop and make it so you can view the thumbnails in that folder. From there you can find the images you want to change. Now if you do these same steps with the cooked SystemUI.apk from the kitchen, you might be able to find the sync images already colored the way you want. They are probably just named something slightly different so rename them the same as what is in the original SystemUI from the rom. As long as you only change images that are not .9.png, you will be fine.

Put your new renamed images back into the SystemUI.apk in the cooked zip from the kitchen, disable signature verification in recovery and flash.

blackZ

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

Thanks jstntp! Installed the ROM yesterday and my phone is running great. Thanks for the hard work.

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 ***4/14/12***

1.3 working awesome can't wait to see what's next, thanks for all the crazy time put into this phone. :-D

Reactions: jstntp

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like UOT isn't able to change those specific png's in our system.
<deleted for brevity>
Put your new renamed images back into the SystemUI.apk in the cooked zip from the kitchen, disable signature verification in recovery and flash.

Thank you, sir!

pilot03

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Did the jump to 1.3 and just completed the flash. Not getting signal out or not good despite showing connection. Going to clear everything and do it one more time.

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

So whats better Iscream or gingerkernel? Total noob here, this is my first time rooting, and i just updated to the gingerrom 1.3 on zvj.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Did the jump to 1.3 and just completed the flash. Not getting signal out or not good despite showing connection. Going to clear everything and do it one more time.

Let me know if a second clean flash fixes it. Honestly, I didn't touch anything this time around that would affect data, but hey you never know right? I did mod settings to get the privacy menu out, but usually if that breaks anything, its bluetooth. Which I did test by the way, and seemed to be working fine.

Sidenote: is it me or are the pop up menus animation much smother with 1.3? I seem to remember them being laggy before.

Warlord721

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Someone mentioned in one of the other ZVJ threads that the Headphones + Handset mic bug was fixed with ZVJ. Can this be confirmed? And also that it STILL works AFTER flashing Drew's Gingerkernel with ZVJ.

If so then it might have to jump on the ZVJ bandwagon with this ROM, although leaving HydroROM will leave an empty space in my heart, as i think this was the best full featured ROM for this phone, unless Drew updated HydroROM to ZVJ....... /ultimate wishful thinking O:)

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone mentioned in one of the other ZVJ threads that the Headphones + Handset mic bug was fixed with ZVJ. Can this be confirmed? And also that it STILL works AFTER flashing Drew's Gingerkernel with ZVJ.

If so then it might have to jump on the ZVJ bandwagon with this ROM, although leaving HydroROM will leave an empty space in my heart, as i think this was the best full featured ROM for this phone, unless Drew updated HydroROM to ZVJ....... /ultimate wishful thinking O:)

Just wanted to post this, pulled it from the HydroROM thread.

Flashed my HydroROM backup over ZVJ. Everything works so far. I also used headphones and handset mic successfully.

If in fact this is true, it would appear that the handset mic issue was in the radio and not the rom.

Reactions: Warlord721

Warlord721

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Quote:
Originally Posted by memsman

Flashed my HydroROM backup over ZVJ. Everything works so far. I also used headphones and handset mic successfully.

If in fact this is true, it would appear that the handset mic issue was in the radio and not the rom.

Looks like I've got some testing to do! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000