[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know that this is not specific to GingerRom, but does anyone know about the google maps battery drain? I've disabled everything, uninstalled all social media, lattitude, gps, you name it, and maps is still using about 40% of my battery.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I know that this is not specific to GingerRom, but does anyone know about the google maps battery drain? I've disabled everything, uninstalled all social media, lattitude, gps, you name it, and maps is still using about 40% of my battery.

Yeah, I freeze it until I need it.

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

try turning location services off,google uses that for searches ,maps,etc:):)..

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that works is uninstalling maps, which leaves me with the original version, but at least its not running in the background. Hopefully it will save me some battery life.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I use AppQuarantine to isolate Maps. It has a nifty toggle widget to lock/unlock it that you can place directly on your navigation homescreen to activate when needed. Seems to help out my battery considerably on other ROMs, too.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone stopped charging after updating it from GingerROM to GingerROM/GingerKernel. Installing HydroKernel fixed this issue. BTW, her phone had charging issues with Sprint's ZVH update, while mine was fine.

ginger kernel + ginger rom = problems
Plus ginger kernel is zvh based :p:p

Sent from futuristic optimus s

rcdoma

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
:D As soon as she had the charging problem, I knew it might be ZVH related because her phone had the same problem after updating OTA to ZVH :) I just wanted to post it here for the benefit of others with similar problems.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
As a follow up on my "bluetooth" issues... the directory transfer issues with my Kenwood deck appears to be related to GB... occurs on the "stock" droid x I have for work, as well as on my optimus.... but it works fine with an ICS rom on my cousin's EVO... so I'll stop worrying about it... if that's my only problem with this deck, I'm good...

Time to move on.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
As a follow up on my "bluetooth" issues... the directory transfer issues with my Kenwood deck appears to be related to GB... occurs on the "stock" droid x I have for work, as well as on my optimus.... but it works fine with an ICS rom on my cousin's EVO... so I'll stop worrying about it... if that's my only problem with this deck, I'm good...

Time to move on.

Hmm...that's a strange one for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a generic Gingerbread issue rather than phone or ROM.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...that's a strange one for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a generic Gingerbread issue rather than phone or ROM.

That's what I thought...

It's interesting that it worked fine with my previous stereo... though the X994 (and X995) both have issues where the USB interface will periodically freak out and when that happens, it locks up both the USB and the CD interfaces... if this is the only quirk with the 996, I'm good... :D

When I read their response, I wonder if they bothered to actually READ my submission...

What I sent
My new KDC-X996 doesn't appear to properly download the phonebook from either of my phones - a LG Optimus S (Android 2.3.3) or a Motorola Droid X (Android 2.3.4). Any idea if or when this will be fixed/addressed? (note that I've upgraded both firmwares on the deck from 3.x to 4.x, the bluetooth firmware is already 1.12.30...) Ironically, these same phones worked fine on my previous deck a KDC-X994... but that deck had other show stopping issues.

Their Response
I understand you?re experiencing a problem with the KDC-X996 and apologize for the inconvenience. My suggestion would be to delete any Bluetooth pairings you have done on your phone and radio then pair the cell phone again. However since there are no firmware updates available for Bluetooth, my suggestion would be to keep checking our website. Another suggestion will depend on the Android phone, which in some phones you will need to disable your phonebook to sync with your Gmail account. Usually this is found by going into your contacts then bringing up the "Account and Sync Settings" option and disabling this feature, this setting is also found in the menu of the phone. Keep in mind that this doesn't apply to all Android phones and getting to this setting might be different or might not be available on the phone.

heathspawn

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If this has been answered, my apologies. I have been using this ROM for about a week after having updated from Reborn ROM, so I don't know if this is a Gingerbread issue, or an issue of this particular ROM, but the problem I am having is Wifi/data automatically setting itself to sleep. As a result, I get email notifications (if at all) way late and gtalk always signs me out. Really frustrating as I rely heavily on both of these services. I can't find anywhere where I'd be able to tweak the settings for this. Any help would be appreciated.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just make a recovery backup and flash the community build I posted. That is basically pure rooted stock GB. Try it with the stock kernel and if it fixes it, try with HydroKernel. If it still works then I must have busted something in this rom.

Sorry not telling you what to do, but this would be a good way to trouble shoot it. If it doesn't work off the bat with the community build then its a GB bug period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12