[Beta] ZVJ rooting automation - please help test

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This has left Beta stage and been released here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...9-how-automated-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-zvj.html

Thanks everyone for help testing and your feedback. You've made the process much clearer for future rooters.

23354d1334001486-beta-zvj-rooting-automation-please-help-test-root-opti-11.1.jpg

I'll do a more detailed writeup but needed to get some help testing this out for now:

optiauto-beta7-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2]

PLEASE ENABLE SCROLL BUFFERS USING OPTION H on the main page.
This will allow you to cut/paste the full log if something goes wrong so I can figure out what happened.

I've made it about 95% automated (don't need to type anything), but certain functions need to be performed on the phone in recovery. (ie applying update.zip)

You MUST be ALREADY ROOTED to use Option B - ZVJ Root

Included in this package is the Automated Root for ZVH/ZVD so if you aren't rooted yet on your existing ROM, you can use Option A to root.

If you are already on ZVJ, then you will need to revert to ZVD using this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...67361-how-simplified-unroot-return-stock.html
and then root using Option A.

Basically double-click on the .exe, choose Option B - Install Root - ZVJ

Then go through each step, it should be self-explanatory

You do NOT need to download the ZVJ update.zip, it is included in this package.

23441d1334096859-beta-zvj-rooting-automation-please-help-test-root-opti-11.2.6.jpg

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
At work so.I can't play with it today. If it works as it should, that would rock!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Test phone is on ZVD+rooted so I can try this out. Only problem is the site that you gave is blocked at work.
Can you send it by PM by any chance? Be happy to test it out.

Also, just curious - I know you help work magic on the E4GT ODIN TARs (in addition to others).
Is it possible that we could somehow pull something off like that using KP500?
(Like a ZVJ+root option)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Test phone is on ZVD+rooted so I can try this out. Only problem is the site that you gave is blocked at work.
Can you send it by PM by any chance? Be happy to test it out.

Also, just curious - I know you help work magic on the E4GT ODIN TARs (in addition to others).
Is it possible that we could somehow pull something off like that using KP500?
(Like a ZVJ+root option)

Sfhub, would you mind posting a mediafire mirror?

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Sfhub, would you mind posting a mediafire mirror?

MF also blocked along with other typical drop sites. :(

I might try running to a place with free Wi-Fi and try downloading during lunch. As long as it's under 256 MB I'll be good. Will report back this afternoon.

ijroorda

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I tested this solution from un-rooted ZVD through to rooted ZVJ. I ran into one issue:

On step B of the ZVJ root, the phone does not reboot into recovery - it just reboots. I had to power down and manually boot into recovery. From there, step C worked correctly.

Other than that one hiccup, it worked great. Thanks for the work on this sfhub!

Reactions: Zhara

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
worked good for me ,1 issuse tho, i could not get it to root through the root package i had to flash su and install busybox manually

Great work tho....Thanks

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, got it during lunch, ran it on a clean KP500 ZVD + root. Skipped wipe for obvious reasons but everything else worked as advertised, including the reboot recovery steps!

I did have it happen to me yesterday when I did "adb reboot recovery" and it rebooted normally on wife's phone but same step. Maybe something to look into but rather minor. Other than that a great and very easy rooting solution!

grayem

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
So help me understand.
If my phone is already rooted in ZVD then option B will update the phone to ZVJ and maintain the rooted status?

Will doing this maintain all my current software and settings that have been downloaded and configured, or will I have to redownload all my old data.

I have link2SD and do not want to have to reinstall eveything or re-link everything.

Thanks.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tested this solution from un-rooted ZVD through to rooted ZVJ. I ran into one issue:

On step B of the ZVJ root, the phone does not reboot into recovery - it just reboots. I had to power down and manually boot into recovery. From there, step C worked correctly.

Other than that one hiccup, it worked great. Thanks for the work on this sfhub!
Apparently there is some issue with doing automated reboots through adb.

I've had seen this issue periodically in the past, but forgot about it since it doesn't happen on the Samsung GS2.

I don't know if the problem is with the adb on the phone or the adb client.

Anyway, the workaround is to just repeat Step B. It almost always reboots the 2nd time around.

I'll add a note to call attention to this workaround.

Thanks for testing things out.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
worked good for me ,1 issuse tho, i could not get it to root through the root package i had to flash su and install busybox manually

Great work tho....Thanks
Do you have more details about this?

I would like to fix this if it is repeatable.

blkphnt

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
just tested it out. so far it seems to have rooted to zv. but with many bugs. my home button no longer functions. and when i long press the power button i no longer can silence my phone or put it into airplane mode. only power on and off. im sure theres more

im going back to stock for now. these few things are annoying enuf

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
just tested it out. so far it seems to have rooted to zv. but with many bugs. my home button no longer functions. and when i long press the power button i no longer can silence my phone or put it into airplane mode. only power on and off. im sure theres more
Did you perform a factory reset?

Those aren't bugs that would be introduced by the rooting process. If you are seeing those type problems they would be there even if you had installed the ZVJ update and never rooted it.

blkphnt

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you perform a factory reset?

Those aren't bugs that would be introduced by the rooting process. If you are seeing those type problems they would be there even if you had installed the ZVJ update and never rooted it.

i returnded to zvd and rooted it and followed the instructions. and i factory reset it.idk. maybe it was a user error. i need my phone right now for life ya know :) but ill try again later to see it works and let you know

but when i had stock zvj b4 i returned to zvd i didnt have these issues

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i returnded to zvd and rooted it and followed the instructions. and i factory reset it.idk. maybe it was a user error. i need my phone right now for life ya know :) but ill try again later to see it works and let you know

but when i had stock zvj b4 i returned to zvd i didnt have these issues
If you run it again, check closely in the log to see if there were any errors in the first step "install ZVJ recovery"

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm running rooted ZVH with custom (Xionia) recovery. Do I need to go back to stock recovery before trying this?

Thanks for the great work!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm running rooted ZVH with custom (Xionia) recovery. Do I need to go back to stock recovery before trying this?

Thanks for the great work!
If you are already rooted, there is nothing else you need to download or do ahead of time.

Just follow every step in Option B.

It will automatically give you the recovery you need and will put the ZVJ update.zip in place so you don't need to download that either.

I'm about to upload Beta2, so if you can wait 15 mins, I'll have the new link up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21