Hello guys..

I have a new rooting method for ZVH and ZVJ for the LG Optimus...

I have been overthrown by the Optimus S Rooting Kings..

No more method.

Sorry for any inconvience. I thought this method would work.
    ikeywatson likes this.
    04-11-2012 05:00 PM
    Yup. It's that simple. No extra files to the SD Card required.
    04-11-2012 05:02 PM
    So this works from stock unrooted ZVH and ZVJ?
    04-11-2012 05:20 PM
    I'm confused, I actually created the zvhroot.zip and don't see how it would root ZVJ.

It doesn't contain any exploits. It includes an installer for the persistent root files, which will run as long as you are already rooted. it won't give you the initial root though.
    04-11-2012 05:26 PM
    ....grabs popcorn....

Sent with telepathic powers
    Warlord721 and fankhanelraul like this.
    04-11-2012 06:37 PM
    I'm confused, I actually created the zvhroot.zip and don't see how it would root ZVJ.

It doesn't contain any exploits. It includes an installer for the persistent root files, which will run as long as you are already rooted. it won't give you the initial root though.
    I ran that zip on STOCK unrooted ZVJ and it rooted the phone.. I just posted the method..

I ran the zip..

That's it. :-)
    04-11-2012 06:41 PM
    So this works from stock unrooted ZVH and ZVJ?
    Did for me...
    04-11-2012 06:42 PM
    So you're saying something that physically CANT exploit your software magically did?

Methinks you are mistaken
    04-11-2012 06:48 PM
    Patrick, try this. Put the stock recovery back in place, and flash the ZVJ update.zip. Now, follow your own instructions you've posted here step by step and see if you end up with root. Don't do anything other than what you posted in post #1.

I'm not trying to call you out by any means, but just give that a test.
    04-11-2012 07:10 PM

lol. Thats all i have to say.
    04-11-2012 07:31 PM
    Wait so does this method ROOT stock ZVJ or not? There seems to be a bit of confusion on this and as badly as I miss being rooted I don't wanna rush out and get a brick.
    04-11-2012 07:45 PM
    Wait so does this method ROOT stock ZVJ or not? There seems to be a bit of confusion on this and as badly as I miss being rooted I don't wanna rush out and get a brick.
    For rooting ZVJ just do http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...t-zvd-zv9.html

I did and it works
    04-11-2012 07:52 PM
    While I appreciate the attempt to save the hippos, I don't see how this can work. I appreciate the effort though
    prowlingfox likes this.
    04-11-2012 07:52 PM
    For rooting ZVJ just do http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...t-zvd-zv9.html

I did and it works
    I was with thinking of trying sfhub's automated root first. But I just wanted to know cause this method would save time.
    04-11-2012 08:07 PM
    I was with thinking of trying sfhub's automated root first. But I just wanted to know cause this method would save time.
    The automated root method works too. so good luck

I wouldnt even bother with this method
    04-11-2012 08:37 PM
    I don't see how.... Why....

The method in #1 was not working for all of you!..

Where did I go wrong? Help me out?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    04-11-2012 10:12 PM
    While I appreciate the attempt to save the hippos, don't see how this can working appreciate the efort though
    I appreciate your hippopotamus-based humor. ;D
    04-11-2012 10:14 PM
    I don't see how.... Why....

The method in #1 was not working for all of you!..

Where did I go wrong? Help me out?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    If we were to follow your instructions to a tee, when running install.bat, all that happens is the files get pushed to the sdcard. That's it, nowhere else.

Also, you mentioned in a later post that you flashed "that" zip. What zip are you referencing?
    04-11-2012 10:38 PM
    Guys, I know what I did wrong. I flashed the update.zip for rooting sfhub has on his thread. That's what I left out. That's what I did wrong.
    04-12-2012 06:58 AM
    Guys, I know what I did wrong. I flashed the update.zip for rooting sfhub has on his thread. That's what I left out. That's what I did wrong.
    yea... THATS an exploit
    04-12-2012 11:29 AM
    I appreciate your hippopotamus-based humor. ;D
    I believe this app fits the bill quite well (Thanks to Drew Walton for linking to this in the OP of HydroROM).
    04-12-2012 04:03 PM
    ok... im sooooooo lost... i updated to ZVJ... where is the link to the most SIMPLIEST root that will work.... thanks in advance.....
    04-13-2012 04:49 PM
    Read through this thread carefully:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-zvh-zvj.html

Pay attention to the part where it instructs you to revert to ZVD, because that is what you'll need to do first. Then you need to root ZVD (also in that thread).

After that you are ready to follow the ZVJ rooting directions in that thread.
    04-13-2012 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD