Please Help me. Bricked phone.

zethman

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I got an LG Optimus S from a friend, it is bricked. does not boot to recover, does not boot to emergency. hanges at LG screen. Has anyone run into this? has anyone fixed this? if so i would really appreciate the help.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I got an LG Optimus S from a friend, it is bricked. does not boot to recover, does not boot to emergency. hanges at LG screen. Has anyone run into this? has anyone fixed this? if so i would really appreciate the help.

Your phone isn't bricked. You just flashed a recovery that doesn't have the right video drivers for your model.

One way you can test this: many recoveries, such as CWMA and stock have "Reboot now" right at the top of the recovery menu. After the screen goes blank, try pressing the home button or camera button once. If you reboot to the LG screen you can verify that us the problem.

AFAIK, the only way to fix this issue is to use the @Droid desktop application and access the filesystem on your PC. Idk the steps myself unfortunately, but you will need to install JAVA 6 SDE, Android SDK, and Optimus S drivers before you can use the @droid

http://blog.ribomation.com/droid-at-screen/

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Google android screencast, will display your phone screen on your pc.

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Screencast won't work unfortunately, you have to be able to boot the phone completely get screencast running and then boot into recovery. Good luck with one of the other responses.