[MOD] GPS fix v3 4/21

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD] GPS fix

Not accuracy threshold.... that should stay at 0 or something between 150 and maybe 300 (distance from your true position before "lock").

But I haven't been able to find a definition to the intermediate position report (INTERMEDIATE_POS=0). I would be curious to see if changing it from 0 to 1 makes a difference.

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Oh okay. Gah, I'm an idiot. lol. I totally had read that wrong. After seeing this and playing with it, I'm curious to see what the one in Kraven's CM7 looks like because I've always felt like that had great lock on.

:EDIT: Okay, so I downloaded a build, and checked the gps.conf Here's what I found. Also, it does have explanations that might help regarding intermediate and such.

I'm unsure if this would work on ZVJ? Not sure why it wouldn't as it's written for a GB ROM albeit a different version.

:EDIT2: Removed text so as not to confuse people. Adding file for OP to compare.

The attached file is NOT the GPS fix please refer to post #1

Last edited:

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Oh okay. Gah, I'm an idiot. lol. I totally had read that wrong. After seeing this and playing with it, I'm curious to see what the one in Kraven's CM7 looks like because I've always felt like that had great lock on.

:EDIT: Okay, so I downloaded a build, and checked the gps.conf Here's what I found. Also, it does have explanations that might help regarding intermediate and such.

I'm unsure if this would work on ZVJ? Not sure why it wouldn't as it's written for a GB ROM albeit a different version.

:EDIT2: Removed text so as not to confuse people. Adding file for OP to compare.

The attached file is NOT the GPS fix please refer to post #1

Hmm... I'll spend half my day on INTERMEDIATE_POS=0, then change it to 1 at lunch and see if I see a difference....

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the file and it seems to lock faster. I've noticed that when i'm using the navigation and it loses the gps signal, it locks up, freezes and has to force close. Is this because of these files not allowing the gps to relocate itself or some other reason?

Also, another observation is that when I close maps, or any other gps based app, sometimes the gps signal stays on. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen it behave that way. What ROM/ kernel are you using?
Hydrokernal v.3. I've uninstalled and reinstalled maps, and reboot. I will be testing it later today.

I'm sure we all have times that we lose the gps signal. The question is what happens when it comes back. In my case, it froze. I'll have to see if the changes have helped. Perhaps it has nothing to do with your gps zip.

btw, as far as the file, is it suppose to give me a more accurate location? If so, what should I notice with this as compared to stock?

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
What I've noticed was a much faster lock and I don't loose lock. I don't seem to get gps lag either, just from navigation. When nav is lagging, everything is lagging.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
not that I'm aware of. I've noticed that zvj or the hydo-kernels seem to have a higher drain. I had cm9 melt down on me today (with gb hydro) and I had to nandroid back to reborn. I then flashed the gps fix and my battery drain went away. I think Drew is aware of the ICS hydrokernel battery drain.

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not on ics, i'm on ginger rom and hydrokernel, (non ics version). Do you find a big difference in performance of the gps system using your fix on this custom rom/kernel combo?