No, no, no.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It comes with Froyo, SprintID and the noisy boot animation? And it doesn't work yet, too? I'm eagerly chomping at the bit... to avoid that. Seriously, is this a joke?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well if you are talking about the sprint splash, that is in the boot.img. Toss me your boot.img and I will replace it with the lg animation I did for stock based zvj

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: GingerRoot OS (ZVD) Released

Wait so...it's just a stock ROM with GO Launcher? Is it Gingerbread or Froyo? Your post implies both, which is, well, impossible if it's just one ROM.

Edit: Oh and it has parts of CyanogenMod too? How clever!

Edit 2: No pics, no clicks.

Edit 3: I would also like to point out that it is an interesting coincidence that you post this right after you get a C&D telling you to stop copying Android.

Last edited:

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Well if you are talking about the sprint splash, that is in the boot.img. Toss me your boot.img and I will replace it with the lg animation I did for stock based zvj

Thank You! Lol you just helped me out there A LOT because I couldn't find the LG Boot nor the location of the sprint nusiance.

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Thank You! Lol you just helped me out there A LOT because I couldn't find the LG Boot nor the location of the sprint nuisance.

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Wait so...it's just a stock ROM with GO Launcher? Is it Gingerbread or Froyo? Your post implies both, which is, well, impossible if it's just one ROM.

Edit: Oh and it has parts of CyanogenMod too? How clever!

Edit 2: No pics, no clicks.

Edit 3: I would also like to point out that it is an interesting coincidence that you post this right after you get a C&D telling you to stop copying Android.

Lol can't hold me back. Plus I'm not gone let some copyright TROLLS stop me. :D Android is open-sourced and if they don't see it like that oh well, they just going to act like Microsoft, and Apple. :cool: :eek: ;)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Lol can't hold me back. Plus I'm not gone let some copyright TROLLS stop me. :D Android is open-sourced and if they don't see it like that oh well, they just going to act like Microsoft, and Apple. :cool: :eek: ;)

That's quite a turnaround from:
I went to my attorney's office, and he told me sign it, and he signed it as a witness, and sending it off FedEx Express. Told me to lay off anything pertaining to what they said in the letter until he can investigate further. :'(

So what about the ROM? Is it Froyo, Gingerbread or CyanogenMod? I'm so confused here.

I know it can't be all three (in one ROM) as your post implies because that is absolutely impossible.

It can't be CyanogenMod 6 (Froyo) because nobody has even a half-working build of CM6 for the Optimus S. For that matter, it can't be CyanogenMod (any version) because Sprint ID doesn't work at all with any CyanogenMod ROMs, period.

If it's stock-based Froyo, it's only going to work on the ZVD radio. If it's stock-based Gingerbread, your radio compatibility is ZVJ and (possibly) ZVH.

Also, you need to post screenshots or else nobody (save a few people) will download your ROM.

Lastly, make sure you read and understand the rules regarding ROMs. This also includes posting a link to the source code of the kernel you include (yes even if it's the stock LG kernel). On that note, do you have permission to include GO Launcher in your ROM?

EDIT: One more thing, if you really have a Motorola Mobility signing key, it's probably illegal to use it since you are no longer a Motorola employee...

EDIT AGAIN: "I'm positive that major features of the phone works (Phone, Speaker, Camera, etc.)" does not sound appealing to most people. You're going to release a ROM that you haven't even tested yet?

Last edited:

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

So this is a cryogen mod rom with stock rom fetures?

I guess you could put it that way...fully rooted Froyo rom with the feel of ICS (thats where GO Launcher plays in until I can get my hands on a working version of Android SDK and Eclipse). Also, some apps may not work as designed as this is a ALPHA BUILD! But screenshots will be up soon. Doing a NAND backup as we speak.

So my Gingerbread ROM will be released as soon as I can get the build debugged, then published on Google Code first, then SourceForge.

Confusion cleared up? ;)

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I will respectfully hold my tongue, altho I would strongly advise you to make sure you have a working ROM before you post, as well as your source information. Good luck on the ROM

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I guess you could put it that way...fully rooted Froyo rom with the feel of ICS (thats where GO Launcher plays in until I can get my hands on a working version of Android SDK and Eclipse). Also, some apps may not work as designed as this is a ALPHA BUILD! But screenshots will be up soon. Doing a NAND backup as we speak.

So my Gingerbread ROM will be released as soon as I can get the build debugged, then published on Google Code first, then SourceForge.

Confusion cleared up? ;)

Nope. Where does CyanogenMod come in to play? And again, you need permission from the GO developers to include GO Launcher in your ROM.

You better not release it as a nandroid backup....that's a HUGE no-no...

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

That's quite a turnaround from:

So what about the ROM? Is it Froyo, Gingerbread or CyanogenMod? I'm so confused here.

I know it can't be all three (in one ROM) as your post implies because that is absolutely impossible.

It can't be CyanogenMod 6 (Froyo) because nobody has even a half-working build of CM6 for the Optimus S. For that matter, it can't be CyanogenMod (any version) because Sprint ID doesn't work at all with any CyanogenMod ROMs, period.

If it's stock-based Froyo, it's only going to work on the ZVD radio. If it's stock-based Gingerbread, your radio compatibility is ZVJ and (possibly) ZVH.

Also, you need to post screenshots or else nobody (save a few people) will download your ROM.

Lastly, make sure you read and understand the rules regarding ROMs. This also includes posting a link to the source code of the kernel you include (yes even if it's the stock LG kernel). On that note, do you have permission to include GO Launcher in your ROM?

EDIT: One more thing, if you really have a Motorola Mobility signing key, it's probably illegal to use it since you are no longer a Motorola employee...

I'm about to read it right now. :D And post the source. Sorry, didn't know I had to.

EDIT AGAIN: "I'm positive that major features of the phone works (Phone, Speaker, Camera, etc.)" does not sound appealing to most people. You're going to release a ROM that you haven't even tested yet?

Nope, that's I haven't posted no links yet apart from the boot.img and that's to remove the Sprint Boot Animation.

Don't worry, I wouldn't upload a ROM I wouldn't use myself. On that note I'm installing it on my Optimus now.

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Nope. Where does CyanogenMod come in to play? And again, you need permission from the GO developers to include GO Launcher in your ROM.

You better not release it as a nandroid backup....that's a HUGE no-no...

CyanogenMod comes into play in the Gingerbread Rom, and about the Go Launcher I had no idea. I'm pretty new when it comes to building roms. When I was at Moto Mobility, I was in the testing and debugging sector until Google came into play.

Sent a email as of 4-25-2012 (Wont publish until recieving an okay)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

CyanogenMod comes into play in the Gingerbread Rom, and about the Go Launcher I had no idea. I'm pretty new when it comes to building roms. When I was at Moto Mobility, I was in the testing and debugging sector until Google came into play.

Sent a email as of 4-25-2012 (Wont publish until recieving an okay)

OK, well you need to clean up the first post, it makes absolutely zero sense.

And yes, you have to get permission to use any third-party apps in your ROM. That's the law. If you use GO Launcher (or ANY third-party app for that matter) without permission, you could actually get a REAL Cease and Desist notice...

And if you're releasing your own version of CM7, I hope you built it from source yourself instead of "borrowing" someone else's build...

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

My results so far:
After doing a hard reset, you have to do a manual program of the phone by using either ##000000# (that's what it is for me since I changed the SPC using CDMAWorkshop) or ##YOURSPC#. Then ##DATA# or ##3282#.

3G works after toggling airplane mode off and on.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
My results so far:
After doing a hard reset, you have to do a manual program of the phone by using either ##000000# (that's what it is for me since I changed the SPC using CDMAWorkshop) or ##YOURSPC#. Then ##DATA# or ##3282#.

3G works after toggling airplane mode off and on.

So...you have a broken ROM?

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't get why you put REAL in capital letters, because it was REAL just a scam I guess. I don't know yet.

And all ROMs have problems thats why I called it an alpha.

Just a side note: people on this forum have feelings too... :( :'(

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

And Drew, you have to give me PROPS because I am trying to contribute to the Android community because I am trying to help out here. You criticized me on my rooting utility in which I couldn't get a chance to comply with @sfhub 's wishes in three days, because I had a virus on my laptop and it's only but so fast. Dell Latitude D600. 256MB Ram. 20 GB HDD. I'm ing trying! You can't put people down. Let other people have the light for a while. And since you brought up the C & D I just emailed Google Support to find out more. I deleted EVERYTHING pertaining to my rom. Are you happy now? :mad: :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan