[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
FYI I posted this in the FC kernel main thread but since you can now use FC with Dante I think I should cross-post:

I made a widget for toggling Fastcharge. Requires root which you all should obviously have. click to turn on, click to turn off, etc... checks how you're plugged in, if you are, and tells you if you should plug/unplug your USB cable, etc.

I use it and like it and felt like sharing.

Attachments

• FastCharge Widget.1.1.apk
    60.5 KB · Views: 3

evilvoice

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello hlxanthus, I downloaded your rom for my daughters phone (she has the phone under the Kroger benefit plan)...anyways, I wanted to ask a few questions...Im just going to number them for myself.
1. I see term.apk is included in the rom...one thing I have noticed from having term included in the rom is that there is a lib file in the apk that needs to be moved to /system/lib for it to work without causing a FC. I did not see the corresponding lib file in your roms /system/lib directory. Does it simply just work? I wonder if jack fixed the issue that caused the FC to happen when included within a rom. (lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm4.so). Maybe it is only an issue if term is in /system/app
2. I see you fixed the FoxFi issue by moving the app to data, but I looked in the apk and see that there is a lib directory inside. I wonder if it was moved to /system/lib if the app would work within /system/app instead of /data/app (I only mention these since system size is set and cant be changed [that I know of] and data fills up quick - any thing that can be moved out of data would offer up more space)
3. I understand why gapps is included in the system dir, but wouldn't things that can be updated be better suited in the data dir since that is where it is going to end up after you updated an app? (Gmail, Maps YouTube, Music [only if it is the Google Music app], Calendar [Google is allowing it to be updated through the play store, though I do not remember if it is only for ICS/JB or not]). This would only be so not to give the people the illusion of having more space in data than what would be there if they updated Maps or so forth.
4. It might also be a good idea to move zeam launcher to data, though I do not know how often it is updated to say for sure.
5. Is there not an issue of having su in 2 places (bin and xbin)? Looking at your update script, /system/xbin/su should be deleted since you symlink bin to xbin.
6. Speaking of the updater script, you reference check_data_app, but the file does not exist in your rom.
7. Finally, maybe I dont understand what is happening here, but in /data/init.sh it is installing busybox which was already installed when the rom was installed from the file "installbusybox" in root (it is run from updater-script). It is also installed into 2 places when it should be installed to xbin. There also seems to be a reference issue in the updater script because it symlinks xbin/busybox to bin/busybox - and really only need one.

These are just observations I have made looking through your rom. This is not to create problems or say that it is a bad rom. Your rom is the only one I am interested in running on her phone (she wants a lot of games and, as I said, data fills up fast). You have done an amazing job on this rom and I must be honest that I thought you had stopped developing it (which is why I went through the actual rom files in the first place - to update to SuperSU and update the gapps [which you have done with the new version :)]). Please only look at the things I listed as suggestions, comments, or the ramblings of a mad man and dont stop developing. I was happy to see v4 released.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello hlxanthus, I downloaded your rom for my daughters phone (she has the phone under the Kroger benefit plan)...anyways, I wanted to ask a few questions...Im just going to number them for myself.
1. I see term.apk is included in the rom...one thing I have noticed from having term included in the rom is that there is a lib file in the apk that needs to be moved to /system/lib for it to work without causing a FC. I did not see the corresponding lib file in your roms /system/lib directory. Does it simply just work? I wonder if jack fixed the issue that caused the FC to happen when included within a rom. (lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm4.so). Maybe it is only an issue if term is in /system/app
2. I see you fixed the FoxFi issue by moving the app to data, but I looked in the apk and see that there is a lib directory inside. I wonder if it was moved to /system/lib if the app would work within /system/app instead of /data/app (I only mention these since system size is set and cant be changed [that I know of] and data fills up quick - any thing that can be moved out of data would offer up more space)
3. I understand why gapps is included in the system dir, but wouldn't things that can be updated be better suited in the data dir since that is where it is going to end up after you updated an app? (Gmail, Maps YouTube, Music [only if it is the Google Music app], Calendar [Google is allowing it to be updated through the play store, though I do not remember if it is only for ICS/JB or not]). This would only be so not to give the people the illusion of having more space in data than what would be there if they updated Maps or so forth.
4. It might also be a good idea to move zeam launcher to data, though I do not know how often it is updated to say for sure.
5. Is there not an issue of having su in 2 places (bin and xbin)? Looking at your update script, /system/xbin/su should be deleted since you symlink bin to xbin.
6. Speaking of the updater script, you reference check_data_app, but the file does not exist in your rom.
7. Finally, maybe I dont understand what is happening here, but in /data/init.sh it is installing busybox which was already installed when the rom was installed from the file "installbusybox" in root (it is run from updater-script). It is also installed into 2 places when it should be installed to xbin. There also seems to be a reference issue in the updater script because it symlinks xbin/busybox to bin/busybox - and really only need one.

These are just observations I have made looking through your rom. This is not to create problems or say that it is a bad rom. Your rom is the only one I am interested in running on her phone (she wants a lot of games and, as I said, data fills up fast). You have done an amazing job on this rom and I must be honest that I thought you had stopped developing it (which is why I went through the actual rom files in the first place - to update to SuperSU and update the gapps [which you have done with the new version :)]). Please only look at the things I listed as suggestions, comments, or the ramblings of a mad man and dont stop developing. I was happy to see v4 released.

My biggest issue is that I no longer have my Optimus S to test alot of this stuff with, and alot of the groundwork I did on this rom was a major learning curve as I had never done this kind of work before.

1 - To my knowledge you dont have to pull the libs if the apps are in /data. I placed it there so it could be easily removed if it was unwanted. I suppost on my next update i will try it back in /system with the lib placed into the rom
2 - With FoxFi I guess it is the same as terminal emulator, I can try on a future update and see how it goes
3 - I partially agree with you on the gapps issue. I have thought of this, but I hate to add stuff to /data out of the box. I am looking into creating an update.zip that I can release that will install the updates to /system/app and also delete them from /data/app, but again not having the device just makes this all more complicated.
4 - Zeam launcher hasnt updated in almost a year I believe, so it should be safe where it is LOL
5 - When I updated to superSU i missed SU binaries and must have gotten over excited and dropped in both placed. I havent heard anyone having issues with it so I will fix it on a future update
6 - I was trying at one point to incorporate some pre-configurations on the launcher etc and it failed. Must have missed removing that line, good catch!
7 - Honestly I dont remember when this came in LOL. Might have been when I did the amphedamine tweak. Agree that it is overkill but it doesnt seem to cause problems as far as i can tell. I will look into cleaning this up on a future update.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
What happens? Does the update.zip fail or does it install, reboot and doesnt work?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Unless I was supposed to flash it with the custom recovery's "update.zip" option, it flashed and then nothing changed; previous animation still there.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
No you did as you were supposed to. I will have to look into it. Maybe froyo ROMs handle boot animations differently, I simply don't know much on their file structure.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys, as soon as my repo finishes I will be able to try again! If you really want it now you can always pull it from Dante and manually insert it into /system/media of what ever ROM you are on

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Hlx, for doing so much with a device you don't even have any more. It's really inspiring, especially considering this is a blind buildout for V4.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Hlx, for doing so much with a device you don't even have any more. It's really inspiring, especially considering this is a blind buildout for V4.

Hey, no problem. I LOVED this device, but my fingers itched to much to keep me here. Also the nexus world is full of MUCH more talented folks so I am more than a little out of my league building for them. Deving for a phone you don't have, I have to rely on the community a lot to find bugs for me, and I simply don't know when things don't work as intended without all of your help.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The community is really what makes the os/ov so great. Without that I'm sure I'd be really annoyed with the slow bloated stock rom with too little storage space. I know I try and do my part wherever I can to give back and there are many others who feel the same :)

P. S. hlxanthus, don't know if your interested but os/ov can be had on eBay for 20/30$. Pretty cheap even if just being used as a wifi device

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The community is really what makes the os/ov so great. Without that I'm sure I'd be really annoyed with the slow bloated stock rom with too little storage space. I know I try and do my part wherever I can to give back and there are many others who feel the same :)

P. S. hlxanthus, don't know if your interested but os/ov can be had on eBay for 20/30$. Pretty cheap even if just being used as a wifi device

Boy is my face red. Guess you all know just how broke I have been LMAO. Yeah even $20 is out of my budget right now.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Boy is my face red. Guess you all know just how broke I have been LMAO. Yeah even $20 is out of my budget right now.

Trust me I know the feeling or I'd probably get one for ya lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan