[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1.4 beta [UPDATE] 04/29/20012

It also seems that when I first click on the search button it takes longer to come up than before, same with the internet earth browser. It just hangs on the white page a little longer than normal. But once you initially do it going out and back in is faster

How is everyone's battery life?

UPDATE: Seems this initial hang happens on my wifes phone too. So I guess thats nothing with your ROM. So really the only thing so far is the not being able to long press delete google searches.

I just tested my wife's phone she is running Ginger rom and Ginger kernel and the long press delete Google search entries exist on hers

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Tracked down the search issue to . . . The google search app, funny huh. Just download the update should fix it. The catch? I can't seem to get it to update from within the rom at the moment. Keep getting "error processing purchase" error. Grrrrrr . . . .

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Tracked down the search issue to . . . The google search app, funny huh. Just download the update should fix it. The catch? I can't seem to get it to update from within the rom at the moment. Keep getting "error processing purchase" error. Grrrrrr . . . .

Yes the update fixed that issue. Thanks again! Hows your batter life on this rom compared to stock or gingerbread?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Its hard for me to get a good read as I dont think there has been a day I have just run it. Keep flashing different build and tests. I bet i flashed back and forth 8 times last night trying to track down. But what I have noticed seems pretty good.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

wipe data to fix that in the play stores settings

Sent from futuristic optimus s

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
[UPDATE]

I have run this rom (v1.4) all day with no reflashing or modifications. Stock kernal, so clocking or governor settings changed. Wifi has been active most of the day and set to never sleep, with a few calls and web browsing. It has been off the charger for 12 hours and I am at 83% battery remaining. While I understand that the wifi active might make this a little biased, but this is better than I was getting on thekravens cm7 a few months ago.

That is no force closes, and every thing I can think to check seems to work fairly well.

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

When watching videos through the Optimus's video playback player Im getting black lines through the whole video. Some vertical and some horizontal. I tried youtube and playback on that is fine through youtube.com, but when opening up a video from another site its doing this. Even when trying to record a video using the video camera, i have the lines through out. Camera is fine, but vid camera isnt.

Also i am not overclocking.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
When watching videos through the Optimus's video playback player Im getting black lines through the whole video. Some vertical and some horizontal. I tried youtube and playback on that is fine through youtube.com, but when opening up a video from another site its doing this. Even when trying to record a video using the video camera, i have the lines through out. Camera is fine, but vid camera isnt.

I am not seeing these issues. Might try dirty flashing the rom. There is a chance hydrokernal doesn't like the amphedamine scripts or something. I don't have time tonight but will give it a try in the morning.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: I have spent over an hour and cannot get this to replicate in any way. I can only surmise that it is due to something on your end. All html5 streaming video I check out is flawless. I would try wiping cache from recovery. Did you restore anything with Titanium Backup or other app back up methods? I noticed that simply backing up apks from data/app to the sdcard and then installing on a fresh build broke my gallery app. Just saying, a fresh install from the market is always best.

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Could you please add a list of bugs and anything not working to the OP so folks know what to expect? Thank you!

I am adding this to the Welcome Guide now.

Reactions: hlxanthus

jbobby

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Any else having issues getting FoxFi tethering to work? Tried on standard kernel and on the hydro kernel. FC's every time I try to start a hotspot.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Any else having issues getting FoxFi tethering to work? Tried on standard kernel and on the hydro kernel. FC's every time I try to start a hotspot.

I am on it.

Edit: Seems it doesnt like being a system app. Updating to data/app along with terminal emulator. Once uploaded will update the OP

Edit2: OP updated with newest version. FoxFi working as inteneded now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbobby

xcraveddreamsx

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

+1

I am not seeing these issues. Might try dirty flashing the rom. There is a chance hydrokernal doesn't like the amphedamine scripts or something. I don't have time tonight but will give it a try in the morning.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: I have spent over an hour and cannot get this to replicate in any way. I can only surmise that it is due to something on your end. All html5 streaming video I check out is flawless. I would try wiping cache from recovery. Did you restore anything with Titanium Backup or other app back up methods? I noticed that simply backing up apks from data/app to the sdcard and then installing on a fresh build broke my gallery app. Just saying, a fresh install from the market is always best.
It was a clean flash and only restored 3 apps... Taptalk facekbook and es file manager

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1.4 beta [UPDATE] 05/02/20012

Give me more info please. I am happy to try to find this. Are you on the newest version? Did you flash a kernel? What method did you use to wipe? Did you try standard reboot to fix? Dirty flash?

My method to test this was backup>flash the debug-formatALL.zip from the OP>flash the rom>flash the kernel>reboot>basic phone set up including wifi and market>open browser to view streaming video>open camera and capture video to watch>watch video from gallery.

I cannot track down I bug I cannot replicate. I am happy to try and track this down if only I could catch it.

xcraveddreamsx

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Give me more info please. I am happy to try to find this. Are you on the newest version? Did you flash a kernel? What method did you use to wipe? Did you try standard reboot to fix? Dirty flash?

My method to test this was backup>flash the debug-formatALL.zip from the OP>flash the rom>flash the kernel>reboot>basic phone set up including wifi and market>open browser to view streaming video>open camera and capture video to watch>watch video from gallery.

I cannot track down I bug I cannot replicate. I am happy to try and track this down if only I could catch it.

Im on 1.4 I did not use the wipe zip. Flashed drews new kernal due to data problems that were fixed after flash I do a reboot every morning to style the phone in for the day... Also it was a clean flash I wiped everything but sd card

Edit. Do you want me to post a nandbackup or something for you to poke around in?

Edit 2: now I can't replicate it it is not doing it now....

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1.5 beta [UPDATE] 05/02/20012

Im on 1.4 I did not use the wipe zip. Flashed drews new kernal due to data problems that were fixed after flash I do a reboot every morning to style the phone in for the day... Also it was a clean flash I wiped everything but sd card

Edit. Do you want me to post a nandbackup or something for you to poke around in?

Edit 2: now I can't replicate it it is not doing it now....

Kinda hard to track down a ghost bug! Please, if it pops back up and you can track it to something in particular, let me know

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Attention Rommers!

I am looking for more feed back from all the great users here are Android Central. If you are currently running this rom, what are your thoughts, likes or dislikes ect. Any bugs that have not been reported? Changes or features you are looking forward to? Want the default theme to go in a different direction?

If you havent tried it yet, why not? I know stock based roms are not as exciting as some of the great ports out there, but there are benifits to having a stock rom like native prl and profile updates. What would it take to tempt you? I cant make any promises, but I will give it my best.

Just a word of warning, the notification power controls is still beyond me. I keep going over and over it and cant get it to work.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Attention Rommers!

I am looking for more feed back from all the great users here are Android Central. If you are currently running this rom, what are your thoughts, likes or dislikes ect. Any bugs that have not been reported? Changes or features you are looking forward to? Want the default theme to go in a different direction?

If you havent tried it yet, why not? I know stock based roms are not as exciting as some of the great ports out there, but there are benifits to having a stock rom like native prl and profile updates. What would it take to tempt you? I cant make any promises, but I will give it my best.

Just a word of warning, the notification power controls is still beyond me. I keep going over and over it and cant get it to work.

Heh heh. Don't worry I'll go back over HydroROM and (if I'm up to it) write a tutorial thread.

It was a BIG pain in the you-know-what. Jstntp did the initial port and I upgraded it to a newer version that supported the brightness slider. That brightness slider was a beeyotch and a half. Making the controls scrollable also proved quite difficult at first.

EDIT: Done. Ported and working in GingerRom. I messed up some colors though, I need to rework some stuff.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Heh heh. Don't worry I'll go back over HydroROM and (if I'm up to it) write a tutorial thread.

It was a BIG pain in the you-know-what. Jstntp did the initial port and I upgraded it to a newer version that supported the brightness slider. That brightness slider was a beeyotch and a half. Making the controls scrollable also proved quite difficult at first.

EDIT: Done. Ported and working in GingerRom. I messed up some colors though, I need to rework some stuff.

You the man! I have spent weeks of playing and got no where .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Kyleluvsandroid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Features that I love to have on a ROM are , of course, the notification power controls. I didn't like bightness in it, took up too much space. The main ones I use are auto rotate and wifi on and off, I use a widget for the brightness. So once you can figure out how to do it maybe have a couple options or something. The other big one is somehting like a2sd, data2sd, etc. built in so every update I don't have to reinstall it. I know some devs don't like it or trust it, but I have used it for over 1 year with no prblems. This phone just has so little space on it it's rediculous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan