[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1.5 beta [UPDATE] 05/02/20012

Features that I love to have on a ROM are , of course, the notification power controls. I didn't like bightness in it, took up too much space. The main ones I use are auto rotate and wifi on and off, I use a widget for the brightness. So once you can figure out how to do it maybe have a couple options or something. The other big one is somehting like a2sd, data2sd, etc. built in so every update I don't have to reinstall it. I know some devs don't like it or trust it, but I have used it for over 1 year with no prblems. This phone just has so little space on it it's rediculous.

While we would like to add customization options to the notification power controls, that is not possible due to the limited edit-ability of Samsung's QuickPanel framework.

Frankly, the brightness slider takes up no more space than the pointless carrier label, which it replaced. I should know, I redesigned the entire notification dropdown ;)

About data2ext, we (meaning Team Hydro) will never include it in any ROM we develop. When it screws up, it screws up something fierce. It is also potentially degrading to the life of the micro SD card. We're not going to support it just because one person hasn't seen the nasty aftereffects of a data2ext screw-up.

You the man! I have spent weeks of playing and got no where .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

What did you get stuck on, and how were you trying to port it?

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
What did you get stuck on, and how were you trying to port it?

Well, I started with the github source you noted a while ago, and followed your advice and stayed away from the lindroid method. From there I looked up everything I could on quickpanel integration. I then took a peak under hydro roms hood to see where you added and modified to make it work. I think I got the res folder as needed, but got majorly confused with the smali files. I still haven't figured out which ones needed modded, let alone how to mod them. Some of those smalis seems way different between zvh and ZVJ. So every time I have forgotten my frustration I try again. Doesn't help that I also have a nexus s to play with, so my interest in the Optimus is more of a desire to learn and provide for a community that has been so great to me (and the nexS community definitely isn't as much fun as it is over here).

So that is where I am, just stuck without at least some form of help on moving forward. Work of course also keep getting in the way LOL. Pesky pay checks and bills. I did send you a pm about a week ago on this, might have gone a bit more in depth there. And advice would be awesome, heck, if you can getting pointed far enough in the right direction, I would gladly do up a guide on it.

On my pc, I have danterom, hydro and gRom systemui.apk all decompiled so I can compare back and forth and consult that github source you mentioned. But that source doesn't have the slider in it so that is another stumbling block for me as it is had for me to tell across so many sources of information and then keeping it straight on top LOL.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Well, I started with the github source you noted a while ago, and followed your advice and stayed away from the lindroid method. From there I looked up everything I could on quickpanel integration. I then took a peak under hydro roms hood to see where you added and modified to make it work. I think I got the res folder as needed, but got majorly confused with the smali files. I still haven't figured out which ones needed modded, let alone how to mod them. Some of those smalis seems way different between zvh and ZVJ. So every time I have forgotten my frustration I try again. Doesn't help that I also have a nexus s to play with, so my interest in the Optimus is more of a desire to learn and provide for a community that has been so great to me (and the nexS community definitely isn't as much fun as it is over here).

So that is where I am, just stuck without at least some form of help on moving forward. Work of course also keep getting in the way LOL. Pesky pay checks and bills. I did send you a pm about a week ago on this, might have gone a bit more in depth there. And advice would be awesome, heck, if you can getting pointed far enough in the right direction, I would gladly do up a guide on it.

On my pc, I have danterom, hydro and gRom systemui.apk all decompiled so I can compare back and forth and consult that github source you mentioned. But that source doesn't have the slider in it so that is another stumbling block for me as it is had for me to tell across so many sources of information and then keeping it straight on top LOL.

I wondered if the github repo would trip you up. Here's a good hint: Forget about ZVJ for a moment. Don't even plug ZVJ into the diff machine.

1) Diff HydroROM and gROM's SystemUI.apk
3) The values XML edits can be copy-pasted straight over (yes including the resource IDs).
3) Since the resource IDs don't change, neither does the smali code.
4) There is only one smali file to edit, and the rest is new files. That smali file is StatusBarService.smali, in com/android/systemui/statusbar.
5) The quickpanel folder in com/android/systemui/statusbar can be copied straight over to ZVJ's com/android/systemui/statusbar folder, no modification needed.
6) There are also images that need to be copied over from res/drawable-mdpi
7) Following the above will give you the notification dropdown from HydroROM, which you probably don't want. Change image colors, etc as you see fit.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Okay, here is what I tried for simplicity.

I started off trying to add it to my existing build, but soon got lost trying to swap hex codes so decided to start back from stock.

I pulled the stock systemui.apk from the community rom. Unpacked it and pulled the 30 icons for the quickpanel from hydro and inserted into systemui. Copied all values xml files as the only difference was quickpanel stuff. Copied over ~/quickpanel over in its entirety. Copied this:

.line 371
const v6, 0x7f030006

invoke-static {p1, v6, v9}, Landroid/view/View;->inflate(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/view/ViewGroup;)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v5

check-cast v5, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;

.line 373
.local v5, qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;
iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarService;->mExpandedView:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/ExpandedView;

invoke-virtual {v6, v5, v11}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/ExpandedView;->addView(Landroid/view/View;I)V

const v6, 0x7f030007

invoke-static {p1, v6, v9}, Landroid/view/View;->inflate(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/view/ViewGroup;)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v5

check-cast v5, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/BrightnessSettingsView;

.local v5, brs:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/BrightnessSettingsView;
invoke-virtual {v5}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/BrightnessSettingsView;->init()V

iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarService;->mExpandedView:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/ExpandedView;

const/4 v11, 0x1

invoke-virtual {v6, v5, v11}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/ExpandedView;->addView(Landroid/view/View;I)V

.line 386

In to statusbarservice.smali at the same point as hydros.

Everytime I try and compile, it throws out errors. Went ahead and tried to flash as part of community rom and systemui FCs so no statusbar at all upon boot up. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I figured after i get it up and running I can easily retheme to match what I have going for danterom

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Okay, here is what I tried for simplicity.

I started off trying to add it to my existing build, but soon got lost trying to swap hex codes so decided to start back from stock.

I pulled the stock systemui.apk from the community rom. Unpacked it and pulled the 30 icons for the quickpanel from hydro and inserted into systemui. Copied all values xml files as the only difference was quickpanel stuff. Copied over ~/quickpanel over in its entirety. Copied this:

.line 371
const v6, 0x7f030006

move-result-object v5

check-cast v5, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;

.line 373
.local v5, qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;

const v6, 0x7f030007

move-result-object v5

check-cast v5, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/BrightnessSettingsView;

.local v5, brs:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/BrightnessSettingsView;
invoke-virtual {v5}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/BrightnessSettingsView;->init()V

const/4 v11, 0x1

.line 386

In to statusbarservice.smali at the same point as hydros.

Everytime I try and compile, it throws out errors. Went ahead and tried to flash as part of community rom and systemui FCs so no statusbar at all upon boot up. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I figured after i get it up and running I can easily retheme to match what I have going for danterom

What errors do you get when re-compiling SystemUI?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
What errors do you get when re-compiling SystemUI?

I will try and grap the error log from apk manager.

Edit: Does this help?

errorlog.png

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I will try and grap the error log from apk manager.

Edit: Does this help?

Click to view quoted image

Yep. Looks like there's a resource ID issue for one, and you're missing some files in the drawable-mdpi and layout folders.

Files missing in drawable-mdpi:
quickpanel_icon_mobile_data_on.png
stat_sys_gps_on.png
status_bar_item_app_background_normal.png
status_bar_item_background_focus.png
status_bar_item_background_normal.png
status_bar_item_background_pressed.png

Files missing in layout:
quickpanel_brightness_settings.xml
quickpanel_quick_settings.xml

In values/public.xml, can you paste the XML line that 0x7f0200bf is referring to?

Based on my public.xml, I'm betting the name of the object 0x7f0200bf is referring to is status_bar_item_app_background_normal. If this is the case, use the following resource IDs:

status_bar_item_app_background_normal: 0x7f0200c0
status_bar_item_background_focus: 0x7f0200c1
status_bar_item_background_normal: 0x7f0200c2
status_bar_item_background_pressed: 0x7f0200c3

Or, you can upload your public.xml to pastebin and I'll look at the entire thing, that would be better probably.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Also, did you edit the drawables.xml and ids.xml? There are some entries that need to be done in there.

True, but that doesn't apply to the entries in the posted error log. All of the errors are in public.xml (the Public symbol blahblahblah not defined errors are missing pngs and xml files).

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Arggg, you beat me to it LOL, I was just coming back to say never mind! After rereading that log I realized what I had missed LOL. Just got it to compile and testing now. If all goes well, tomorrow DanteRom will be back in the running LOL

Edit: Still not working right, but it is close. Most progress I have made yet! Atleast it booted and systemui worked, even if the quickpanel didnt show up LOL

FRAK!! I went completely back thru it. Rebuilt it again. Very close I think, but I am missing something. I added all the pngs this time, checked everything in the res folder and copied over everything that looked different, so in the end they were identical. Went to the smali folder, pasted in the quickpanel folder and edited in the same block as before (posted above). I ONLY edited that stuff, nothing more. That is the only smali file I modified, the rest in the quickpanel was untouched. Ended up with what you see below. Managed to get the center clock from hydro (figured I could edit that back out later). Clear is now below like hydro. Any ideas? I went ahead and uploaded the systemui.apk I ended up with in case you want to get your hands dirty for me?

2012-05-07_205042.png

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Hlxanthus, that looks like a layout issue. I'm going to dissect your SystemUI to see, but you're close :D

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Drew, dont bother! That apk is a mess, jstntp and I spent a few hours on gtalk trying to figure it out. I JUST got it so it works, although it needs to be themed and the background is a bit funky.

Edit: I think I have everything working as intended, but still looks off. The title bar still looks like the one above, 3 times too big and the text nearly the same color as the background (where you can barely read "ongoing")

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Drew, dont bother! That apk is a mess, jstntp and I spent a few hours on gtalk trying to figure it out. I JUST got it so it works, although it needs to be themed and the background is a bit funky.

NICE! Good job! I bet I know what's going on with the "funky" background. Screenshot por favor?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

It looks EXACTLY like this but with the quickpanel now included. And my status bar is back to dante, not hydros LOL

2012-05-07_205042.png

I took the easy way and ran it thru UOT kitchen and now it looks AWESOME! Just need to edit those blue icons and it is GOLDEN! THANKS Drew, and again a huge thanks go out to Jstntp

Last edited:
Reactions: jstntp

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v2 [UPDATE] 05/08/20012

ATTENTION!!
The OP has been updated with DanteRom v2. Only notable change is the inclusion of QuickPanel, the ever desired Notification Power Controls!! This step has taken it out of its Beta stages. While not strictly necessary, a full wipe should be done before flashing. Enjoy! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35358768/Dante.Rom.v2.unsigned.zip

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I have a little mod I would like you to try. I found this over on XDA [HOWTO]More smooth scroll & volume step increase for MOST android phones[Poweramp OK] - xda-developers

It is supposed to increase scrollabilty within apps (remove lag ect). Also I thru the audio tweak from that guide, so there is now 30 step increment when changing "media" sound settings via the volume rocker. Increased the others little, but not a ton

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35358768/scroll.audio.mod.unsigned.zip

Just boot to recovery, wipe cache, disable signature verification, and flash.

heathspawn

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Since installing this rom, my navigation app doesn't work. Just says searching for GPS. Gives me directions, but won't do turn by turn...any ideas?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze