[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v2 [UPDATE] 05/08/20012

Just flashed this rom, but Gmail isn't working at all...any ideas?
nm, got it working. sry.

On my end, I am running v2 with the above framework mod. Just powered on my phone and got gmail notices. Was able to send and receive from the app. In what way isnt it working? Was this from a clean install?

Just saw you got it working, no big deal. Did you have to do anything special to get it running? If you did I will post a note in the OP. Seeing as you are the only one has posted recently about my rom, do you have any thoughts? Did you flash the newest mod? Any noticable difference?

heathspawn

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I guess I was just impatient. I cleared data, and then waited for sync to be done, and everything works fine.

I like the rom a lot. I tried gingerRom, but didn't really like it. Still can't figure out why turn by turn navigation doesn't work though. Just tells me searching for GPS. I get a directions list which is usually just fine, but would like to know what's up...

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Did you update Maps via the Play Store?

You could also try this http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...168060-mod-gps-fix-v3-4-21-a.html#post1713719

Edit: Okay, tested this a little more. Make sure you first update from the market. Then go to system settings>location & security and check use wireless networks. Navigation did work for me after that.

I will edit the OP with these directions.

Last edited:
Reactions: heathspawn

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v2.1 [UPDATE] 05/11/2012

Another quick update.

v2.1 Updates
+Updated all apps. Now with a clean install there is 155mb free.
+CRT screen off animation now included.
+Install apps from unknown sources now enable by default.
+Media volume now moves in smaller steps with the volume rocker, 30 instead of 15
+Mod to allow smoother scroll within some apps

Links in the OP of course. If you are coming from v2, you can get by with only a wipe of cache, but you will not get the extra internal storage space. To get that, a full wipe is needed. All other changes will work just fine. As always, nand first then flash!

Dante.Rom.v2.1.signed.zip

HCGeek

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Link2sd won't work with this rom... any ideas??
Rom is fast & responsive. Great work OP!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Link2sd won't work with this rom... any ideas??
Rom is fast & responsive. Great work OP!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I have never run such mods, so I didnt build it in. I would install 40+ apps with out it, including hbogo and netflix (big apps) without it. Yeah, I would have to move many to SD with the buildin app transfer feature of android. I will look into what needs to be done in the rom groundwork to support user mods, but it will never be supported natively by this rom.

If someone wants to set up and handle that let me know though.

mikedbq

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Been running Dante for about 5 days now. Noticed that when someone calls me, the screen does not turn on automatically to identify who is calling. I have to hit the power button to see it.

Is there something I need to do to make this work?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Been running Dante for about 5 days now. Noticed that when someone calls me, the screen does not turn on automatically to identify who is calling. I have to hit the power button to see it.

Is there something I need to do to make this work?

Did you flash hydro kernel? I believe that is due to stock sprint kernel.

Try this. Make sure you have the latest version of my rom on your sdcard, download hydro kernel gb version as well. Boot to recovery, wipe cache, and under advanced choose format system (do not perform a factory reset/wipe data). Then flash the rom, then the kernel (you have to turn off signature verification for that) and reboot. That should keep your user data intact. Let me know if that helps!

Another thing you can try is to format the SD card. Connect the phone to the PC, backup all data on the sdcard to the PC. Open up your start menu open computer. You should see your optimus s there. Right click and open properties. You should see an option to format drive there somewhere. Sorry, not in front of my PC at the moment. You want to do a full format to fat32. Don't know why this helps, but there have been some reports on hydrorom of this helping with the wake delay issue.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

HCGeek

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I have never run such mods, so I didnt build it in. I would install 40+ apps with out it, including hbogo and netflix (big apps) without it. Yeah, I would have to move many to SD with the buildin app transfer feature of android. I will look into what needs to be done in the rom groundwork to support user mods, but it will never be supported natively by this rom.

If someone wants to set up and handle that let me know though.

Thanks for reply hlxanthus.
I checked my sd card to make sure no issues there & none. Had 2nd Ext2 1gb partition I used for link2sd, erased & created Fat32 1gb partition. Still getting mount: invalid argument.
Every ROM I have used for this phone has allowed me to use link2sd but not this one...

My storage space thru titanium are:
System ROM: 166Mb (25.0 Mb Free)
Internal: 172Mb (20.2 Mb Free)
SD: 7.23Gb (4.21 Gb Free)

Thanks

I got Link2SD working!! Repartitioned Fat32 1Gb & Set as Primary.
Thanks Again for info & Very Responsive ROM :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hlxanthus

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reply hlxanthus.
I checked my sd card to make sure no issues there & none. Had 2nd Ext2 1gb partition I used for link2sd, erased & created Fat32 1gb partition. Still getting mount: invalid argument.
Every ROM I have used for this phone has allowed me to use link2sd but not this one...

My storage space thru titanium are:
System ROM: 166Mb (25.0 Mb Free)
Internal: 172Mb (20.2 Mb Free)
SD: 7.23Gb (4.21 Gb Free)

Thanks

I got Link2SD working!! Repartitioned Fat32 1Gb & Set as Primary.
Thanks Again for info & Very Responsive ROM :)

Would you mind doing a more "guide" like post on getting that working? That way I can link to it in the OP for those wanting to use this mod.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v2.2.1 [UPDATE] 05/19/2012

Battery bar MOD is really cool. Surely makes this ROM stand out. Now to figure out how to hide the actual battery icon and I'm golden....:p

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Battery bar MOD is really cool. Surely makes this ROM stand out. Now to figure out how to hide the actual battery icon and I'm golden....:p

As I understand it, to completely hide it causes some battery bar malfunctions, but I am planning on retheming the current battery to have just the percentage.

Reactions: aaronrw

Hajime77

May 20, 2012
Visit site

This isn't really a bug, but it looks weird. At the top of the screen there is a thin white line and it sticks out. Anything I can do to remove that line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad