need help with roting mvj

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
i did this to my phone and it rebooted back to 2.3.3 firmware with everything erased on my phone:-\

Idk how you managed that...we need more info to be able to help you. Did you download and apply the zvd update.zip? As of right now it sounds like all you did was factory reset and reboot.

czifro

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
i did this to my phone and it rebooted back to 2.3.3 firmware with everything erased on my phone:-\
Also make sure you have the stock rec installed. It's the first thing mentioned on that thread. If you have xionia you'll have to run update twice (if i remember correct). that way stock recovery is installed (first run) then the radio will be flashed for service purposes (second run).

also make you choose the update from sdcard option in recovery, because as was already mentioned it sound as though you factory reset your lg and make sure when you place the update.zip on your sdcard that its update.zip not update.zip.zip. and make sure its not in any folders on the sdcard (root of sdcard), so if you downloaded it using your phone, move it out of the downloads folder.

Last edited:

808hawaii13

May 14, 2012
Visit site
ok tried it again and nothing, i\I downloaded the update.zip file to my pc then transferred it to my SD on my phone, When i went to update the update.zip my phone could not find it. Am i putting the update zip file somewhere wrong?

sorry if i dont make any sense :confused:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ok tried it again and nothing, i\I downloaded the update.zip file to my pc then transferred it to my SD on my phone, When i went to update the update.zip my phone could not find it. Am i putting the update zip file somewhere wrong?

sorry if i dont make any sense :confused:

Are you putting it in a folder? If so, don't. Just put it on your sd card, but NOT in any of the folders. And make sure it's just named update.zip, bc windows likes to add another .zip on the end (essentially naming it update.zip.zip instead).

808hawaii13

May 14, 2012
Visit site
to make it easier this is what im getting

Photo_00001.jpg

808hawaii13

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you putting it in a folder? If so, don't. Just put it on your sd card, but NOT in any of the folders. And make sure it's just named update.zip, bc windows likes to add another .zip on the end (essentially naming it update.zip.zip instead).

yeah in my sd card it just says update.zip unless i rename it just update perhaps and thank you for your help brother

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay