Rooted/Rom'd Optimus S Help

Hesed

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I was given an Optimus S without the microsd card.

It's running Android 2.3.3, is an LS670ZVH software and apparently has gRom2.2 on it. It also has the Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 as the recovery console.
The RomUpdater doesn't work, as scottroms doesn't support it anymore.

To me it seems a lot more sluggish than my old one running 2.2 and RebornRom.

Can you point me to the thread to restore it to original or to an earlier version without bricking?

Or what's your opinion of the rom installed?:D

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Follow these instructions to downgrade to ZVD if you wish, or you could upgrade to ZVJ. The downgrade steps are in the Reference section. I believe all you have to do is flash the ZVD update.zip twice though (Once with Xonia, then again with the Stock Recovery once you reboot, it will replace Xonia when you flash it the first time I think.)

As long as you follow the instructions, you'll be fine. You will have to root your phone again and reinstall Xonia but there's a wonderful sticky that gives you tools for an automated root.

ZVD has a very nice Ice Cream Sandwich ROM, Gives you all the goodness of ICS :)

ZVJ has DanteRom, HydroROM, GingerROM and a Sense 3.5 ROM, however these are all Gingerbread based ROMs.

There are some Caveats to not having a MicroSD though:

Since you don't have a MicroSD, you can't install any Applications from APKs (this is standard across all ROMs though)

You won't have very much space in data since the Optimus S only has about 175MBs reserved for user storage (Once again standard I assume.), Although once you get a MicroSD card, this can be mitigated by downloading the Mounts2SD Mod that's found in this forum (Make sure to use the 2.2.0 version in the top of the thread, I can't get 4.2.0 to work right yet.)

I'm not sure about Market Apps though, those might be OK to install without a MicroSD (But their rather cheap these days for a 4GB or 8GB MicroSD)

Hope I helped :D

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Zvh was terrible on my phone. You will definitely want zvj, or downgrade to zvd. I ran grom before, the flash player takes up space, and I had double tap issues when typing.

czifro

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I would go here --- forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/166929-how-automated-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-zvj.html --- run either opt A or B. if you run A choose the zvd. There are some good rom for zvd like the MIUI rom. I would personally go with zvj. there aren't a lot of rom, yet. as was mentioned already you'll need a sdcard. recoveries won't be able to flash, update, backup, or really anything except for wiping with a sdcard. and you'll have limited app space with the internal storage. provided link thanks to sfhub.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08