custom recovery with dropbox support?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I only have 2 gigs of sdcard then I said to myself this would be sweet if I could flash from my online storage probly not going to happen.....but could it? That would be sweet
Ahem---drew?:)

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I only have 2 gigs of sdcard then I said to myself this would be sweet if I could flash from my online storage probly not going to happen.....but could it? That would be sweet
Ahem---drew?:)

not going to happen. think about it. you want a recovery kernel with wifi drivers? yeah, no.

not a bad thought, but im thinking thats a no go.

solution....buy a bigger SD card for like twelve bucks.

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
not going to happen. think about it. you want a recovery kernel with wifi drivers? yeah, no.

not a bad thought, but im thinking thats a no go.

solution....buy a bigger SD card for like twelve bucks.

Why is that bad? Maybe if it could only reach a few servers it wouldn't as bad

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this has already been done. Which is pretty cool. I apologize for thinking our great devs couldn't do it

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Currently I do upload flash and delete but man I found it just faster to redownload from source however if I could put my rom collection in a cloud and flash that would be worth it
Hey that reminds me I have a couple of roms saved on CD I can't find them anywhere
and I don't know who made them its been awhile since I looked at them so I forget their names if I double check and can't find them or who made them am I aloud to post them maybe under a "lost and found rom's"

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Currently I do upload flash and delete but man I found it just faster to redownload from source however if I could put my rom collection in a cloud and flash that would be worth it
Hey that reminds me I have a couple of roms saved on CD I can't find them anywhere
and I don't know who made them its been awhile since I looked at them so I forget their names if I double check and can't find them or who made them am I aloud to post them maybe under a "lost and found rom's"

PM me with the names of the ROMs and I will try to find the correct developer of each. Do not post them prior to doing this.

Reactions: vernotzy21

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't a home network share over wifi be easier than a Dropbox implementation? Or is it about the same?

I just started using Wuala and have not played with Dropbox much, so if the question seems silly, punch a mime and call him by my handle (he can't refute verbally anyway...).

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't a home network share over wifi be easier than a Dropbox implementation? Or is it about the same?

I just started using Wuala and have not played with Dropbox much, so if the question seems silly, punch a mime and call him by my handle (he can't refute verbally anyway...).

Yes it would be. But I'm planning something much much more robust. It will take some time but a working proof of concept should be available in the near future.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know when ill be able to do this heck I'm going to be in Colorado soon (month maybe) I'm traveling around in my RV and they are on CDROM and I don't have a PC currently so no hurry hey maybe we'll get together and geek out if I get in the area:cool:

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
OTA Recovery? Drew, you are a genius!! :D Can't wait to see how it will work, Will we be able to setup our own way of hosting, like over a HTTP/FTP server with MD5 or SHA1 calculation?