/data as SD storage

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to mount /sdcard to /data/sdcard since my mem reader decided to die on me yesterday and yes I tried pushing the pins down...

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

dominicag2000

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand. those's are just directory's or folders you can move them around with a file manager, I dont know what that would fix though.

Sorry if Im ignorant and didn't understand your question right.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The sdcard is a mount point. You would have to fstab the sdcard to a different mount point, and it probably wouldn't be found anyway.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You could probably link /mnt/sdcard and /sdcard to /data/sdcard, that should work. But you would still need to edit FSTab, but the problem would lie in Vold which would continue to tell Android that there is no SD Card present, You would need a modified Vold that allows it.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You could probably link /mnt/sdcard and /sdcard to /data/sdcard, that should work. But you would still need to edit FSTab, but the problem would lie in Vold which would continue to tell Android that there is no SD Card present, You would need a modified Vold that allows it.

Can you explain how to do it?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Wait I'm confused. What does a broken memory card reader have to do with your phone's internal mount points (which you should not be messing with anyway)?

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait I'm confused. What does a broken memory card reader have to do with your phone's internal mount points (which you should not be messing with anyway)?

this, and, if the memcard reader is broken, why would mounting it to a different point allow it to be read?

these ARENT the droids youre looking for.....

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you explain how to do it?

I can not, I'm simply staying that this is how it's done, Android-x86 does this
for virtual SD cards

for some reason, he wants to mount a folder in data as a sort of virtual SD since the internal reader is broken (at least that's how I understand)

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
for some reason, he wants to mount a folder in data as a sort of virtual SD since the internal reader is broken (at least that's how I understand)

As limited as our /data space is, I have a sinking feeling that would be a really bad thing to do.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I can not, I'm simply staying that this is how it's done, Android-x86 does this
for virtual SD cards

Dead on. I just need to link the sdcard to a data folder for a little while...

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
you can't flash squat without an sd card. He has no sd card. He can't flash squat. He doesn't like being able to flash squat.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
edit: there was a quote here but Tapatalk quoted the wrong post.

That is a very bad idea, we only have 175MB~ in data that's usable. Also recovery mounts (afaik) things manually so you would likely need a custom recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol