ADB USB Debugging / Unknown Sources

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It goto settings, applications unknown sources is first box. Debugging is under development

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Already tried Google. That's why I'm posting here. A list of ADB commands doesn't really help, especially if you didn't look at the list to confirm there is such a thing as changing the USB Debugging and Unknown Sources via ADB command line.

Well, I couldn't figure out how to tell you that "Google is your friend" without sounding like I was being rude.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You are correct. A list of adb commands doesn't help. I could have been more helpful, like blackops, and just told you where to go in a froyo or gingerbread based Optimus S rom to set debugging and unknown apps.
But it's what you asked for

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If you would have done that, you would have been guilty of not reading my question. I wasn't looking for a GUI option to make these changes. I was looking for ADB commands line arguments.

You are correct. A list of adb commands doesn't help. I could have been more helpful, like blackops, and just told you where to go in a froyo or gingerbread based Optimus S rom to set debugging and unknown apps.
But it's what you asked for

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you would have done that, you would have been guilty of not reading my question. I wasn't looking for a GUI option to make these changes. I was looking for ADB commands line arguments.

Not possible since you need usb debugging to use ADB.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh.... I was hoping more for a "It appears that there isn't a command line option or arguement for enabling either debugging or unknown apps via adb."

But you answer is valid, too.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
There are ways to do this from within the rom zip before you flash it . . .

So I guess the answer would be to adb pull said file, decompile the apk, make changes, recompile and sign, then adb push.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Maybe if YOU were less rude, you might get more help! This is one of the most helpful forums around!

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Haven't done anything rude, unless you call telling it like it is rude.

You did not help. I was merely restating a fact.

Maybe if YOU were less rude, you might get more help! This is one of the most helpful forums around!

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if anybody else has said this yet.. but

You can't use ADB commands without enabling USB Debugging under Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging..

You also MUST install the USB LG drivers on Windows.. On Linux or Ubuntu, no drivers are required.

As for enabling USB debugging, there is NO command for enabling it (as far as I know).. You must enable it manually under Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources..

AGAIN, you there is not a command for enabling USB Debugging for ANY ANY ANY Android device... Even if there was, you wouldn't be able to use it because you have to have USB Debugging ON in the FIRST place to EVEN USE ADB....

So.. you can not use ADB commands without MANUALLY turning USB Debugging ON in Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging (Tick the BOX)

Drew, thekraven, me2151, or any other developer will tell you the same thing..