What would it take to make rom manager work?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Not saying rom manager, but a front end app for cannibal recovery would be sweet . . .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Flash GUI is what comes to mind I have never had a problem with it.............on our phones
Actually I prefer to use it to flash recovery on the S

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
This topic is the #1 reason. I'm confused about etiquette. We come to talk about "whatever" but if there. Is ANY deviation in the slightest you get flamed. Grant it I understand the importance of staying on topic but CoMe On! .......

Dude any thread I start is ment to be talked in grant it I should be more careful in hard dev threads but
WE ARE NOT COMPUTERS WE SOCIALIZE! Thus culminating NEW IDEAS,.................unless I'm just totally missing something here?:confused:

Flash GUI is what comes to mind I have never had a problem with it.............on our phones

View attachment 27921

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Basically, If it's related to a thread that already exists, than it goes in that thread. If it's general chat, it goes in the lounge or via pm or gtalk. If it's a new idea, or a question that hasn't been asked before (use the search button) than go ahead and create a new thread. I think that the decrapifying of threads has caused some newer members to be afraid to create a new thread. That shouldn't be the case. If you've searched, and it's not related to another question, than by all means, post it in a new thread. Nobody will flame you for asking questions on how to avoid bricking your phone (and in the extremely unlikely event that someone does, many more members will come defend you. We don't like trolls). Even if the questions are nooby, if you've honestly tried to find whatever you're looking for and haven't been able to, go ahead and ask. However, if it is related, post it in the relevant section.
This wasn't meant for one specific user so much as for anyone who's new.

Edit: I forgot Double and triple, in rare cases, quadruple, and in one case I remember but can't link too (guys, anyone remember the link, it was a 2-5 page thread I think) somebody posted 3+ pages worth of posts. There is an edit button. Please use it. Scrolling through 3 pages of one user made my eyes bleed. If you want to quote multiple people, there is also a button that looks like this
"+
click that on the people you want to multiquote, than click quote on one of the people. There, you've multiquoted.

Last edited:
Reactions: vernotzy21

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Basically, If it's related to a thread that already exists, than it goes in that thread. If it's general chat, it goes in the lounge or via pm or gtalk. If it's a new idea, or a question that hasn't been asked before (use the search button) than go ahead and create a new thread. I think that the decrapifying of threads has caused some newer members to be afraid to create a new thread. That shouldn't be the case. If you've searched, and it's not related to another question, than by all means, post it in a new thread. Nobody will flame you for asking questions on how to avoid bricking your phone (and in the extremely unlikely event that someone does, many more members will come defend you. We don't like trolls). Even if the questions are nooby, if you've honestly tried to find whatever you're looking for and haven't been able to, go ahead and ask. However, if it is related, post it in the relevant section.
This wasn't meant for one specific user so much as for anyone who's new.

Also in there somewhere I believe are the double and triple posting rules. I think the only time it's acceptable is when you bump a topic and even then has some limitations. :) but I agree completely with everything Va1ha11a said. I love this forum, one of the nicest dev forums I've ever been on. :)

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Va1ha11a

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Clearly you missed the obvious sarcasm. Basically, LG Optimus + ROM Manager = nothing but problems.
ROM Manager + Most Devices = some sort of problems ...

Even on a device like the Nexus I've had ROM Manager wipe out my recovery and cause a big old headache...

I just always stay away from it and do things as they are meant to be done and should be done, MANUALLY from within your custom recovery :)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
LOL. That has got to be one of the silliest apps I have seen. It's an app with a GUI with the single purpose of entering the following line in a Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/COT1.0.6.img

@Paul627g: I like the manual thing, not the headaches.

I think the question to be investigating now is: What would it take to get Goo Manager working?

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager + Most Devices = some sort of problems ...

Even on a device like the Nexus I've had ROM Manager wipe out my recovery and cause a big old headache...

I just always stay away from it and do things as they are meant to be done and should be done, MANUALLY from within your custom recovery :)

Or once Drew's Cannibal Recovery gets OpenRecoveryScript all worked out, use GooManager instead of ROM Manager. :)
EDIT: Whoa, I must've waited too long to post this.

Last edited:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by vernotzy21
LOL. That has got to be one of the silliest apps I have seen. It's an app with a GUI with the single purpose of entering the following line in a Terminal Emulator:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/COT1.0.6.img

@Paul627g: I like the manual thing, not the headaches.

I think the question to be investigating now is: What would it take to get Goo Manager working?
I totally got a headache I'm doing a galaxy tab 10.1 and rom manager is supposed to support that device but when I flash cwm it erased the recovery and goes to a blank screen in recovery but doesn't loop just blank and boots normally. I fear to use the flash_image recovery. Do to Odin or is Odin on a separate partition?

I never really cared for goo because it lacks....files,roms,devs,speed
But I'm not knocking it is the best place to get gapps:p

Apparently when rom manager supports a device it still doesn't work:mad:
This thread is probly worthless
Rom manager=broke/;(headache)

Last edited:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Also in there somewhere I believe are the double and triple posting rules. I think the only time it's acceptable is when you bump a topic and even then has some limitations. :) but I agree completely with everything Va1ha11a said. I love this forum, one of the nicest dev forums I've ever been on. :)

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

I like it here to I really like interacting with the regs y'all know who you are:)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That would be great for you guys if Drew gets that custom recovery working. Drew and the rest of the AC Devs do some great work ;)