problems downgrading lg optimus s zvj to zvd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to figure out how to ultimatly root my phone and have been searching through threads for hours and am stuck. Can someone help me with my situation?

I have an LG Optimus S with and OS 2.3.3. I am trying to install froyo to downgrade and am to the point where I want to "apply sdcard:update.zip" but it comes up with this message

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Im not sure which step to take next. I have 4 options in my recovery mode:

reboot system now (done it)
apply sdcard:update.zip (done it-came up with above message)
wipe data/factory reset (done it)
wipe cache partition (done it)

I have attached an image of my recovery mode.

can someone help me?

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you rename the zvd update zip (or whatever it is named) to update.zip and place it in the root directory of your sdcard. Then it should be able to be flashed with apply update.zip option.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy, but I would keep deleting and redownloading the update.zip and I bet you will get it to flash. I read over in the V forums once how it took jerry three redownloads to get a good copy.

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I used it on a new ZVJ phone 2 days ago, it worked fine for me.

I found the rooting instructions a little confusing, it seemed like there were 3 guides that took me around in circles. (my first 2 were zvd before there were options)

anyway...

Sorry I do not have a stock recovery to test on, but it might helpful to know if there is a different error message for the following cases.
a) no sdcard loaded in your phone
b) sdcard with no update.zip file
c) corrupted update.zip file

these seem to me to be the most likely source of your problem. maybe the recovery program can help narrow down your search.

edit:
my reasoning...

E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E: signature verification failed

does anyone know if this means that the signature failed (c) or if it failed the signature becuase it could not open the file (a or b)?

chevymanmike

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Using this thread, yesterday, I just downgraded a stock 2.3.3 to Froyo, then rooted, then upgraded back to 2.3.3 and rooted that, and have a custom rom and kernel running.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html

http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/android/executables/update.zip

Those automated threads by sfhub work, the two are basically the same. If you want to just have a rooted ZVD, downgrade and use the opti auto fix file he has on the thread
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ls670zvd-zvh-100-automated-zvj-automated.html
and do the first option. Then you are done, to get to rooted ZVJ, then after doing the first option you choose the second, follow the guide it works

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante